InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Same Thing, Different Time ❯ Give It To Me ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own any part of InuYasha, and am still not seeking to gain anything in means of profit, rights, or anything else from creating this.

I'm throwing Part 4 out there as well. Maybe it'll help some, or umm… should I be ducking now?

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Same Thing, Different Time

by: aishiteru_inu

Part 4: Give It To Me!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Well, Kagome," he announced in a much firmer tone, which brought her head up in a snap. "You gonna give me that necklace, or are we going to start where we left off!"

Kagome stared at him wide-eyed, her mouth dropped a bit as she stared at him with disbelief. As she looked upon him now, he looked just as he had the first time she laid eyes on him. His arms were cross in front of him, and he legs spread slightly apart. The only thing different was the lack of anger, yet still his expression was stern making him look every bit the formidable opponent.

"But… but…" she stammered at a lost for words. "I thought…"

"What?" he sneered wickedly. "You thought that I saved you? HA! Baka! Don't flatter yourself into thinking that I saved you as if it were you that was important! I was saving the necklace! The necklace is what was important! It's that necklace that I cared about!"

Kagome's grip tightened upon the necklace and she clutched it to her chest. "You made a big mistake, Kagome! Baka doesn't even begin to describe…!" her mind screamed, with more affirmation, but even her thoughts were cut off.

"Hand it over," he ordered extending a hand toward her. "now."

For the first time, Kagome got a good look at his hand, and a small sharp intake escaped her already parted lips. It earned her a wicked sneer and a slight chuckle of which she was oblivious to at the moment.

The black leather glove, as she noted before, was fingerless, but now she got a closer eye view. It wasn't so much his outstretched hand that caught her attention the most but his fingers or rather the tips of his fingers themselves. Each one sported what looked to be like small pointed-tipped fingernails which gave the appearance of them being more like claws than anything else!

His fingers wiggled as if making another, yet silent, command to gave the item over.

She took a step back, her eyes returning to his face.

He watched as the sparkling gleam that they had -- even though it had been an uncomfortable one -- disappear and a wild look of renewed alarm entered them. She was like a doe about to be hunted -- and she wasn't far from the truth there. All her sensory nerves were up and running on high.

"I'm getting tired of waiting," he said half impatiently. "Don't think I won't take it from you and even give it a second thought!"

Nervously, Kagome's other foot slid back half a step.

"Don't tell me I'm going to have to chase you down again, dammit! Stupid girl! Don't fool yourself into thinking that I wouldn't have you down in a matter of seconds! My claws can rip through you like it's nothing. Is that what you want?"

As to emphasizing his meaning, he gave his whole hand a stretch and twist, his fingers widened and curled back in slightly, which caused several audible snaps and cracks.

"Just hand it over and you won't have to feel the sting of my claws! Not saying that it would hurt your looks much since you're so ugly anyway!"

"W-Why… why are you doing this? Why are you being so…hateful?"

His lips curled back again in a devilish grin, displaying the points of his canines.

"Feh!" he grunted. "It's a dog eat dog world out there. Or haven't you noticed?" And with that he shoved his face a bit more toward her, his ears tweaked toward each other and away a couple of times. "Give me the damn necklace, NOW, or I'm gonna split you in two!"

Kagome whole being winched at the forcefulness of his words. All she had to do was open her hand and give the piece of jewelry to him. She would be just that much more relieved of the whole situation if she did, and not just because of the moment either. Ever since she got the darn thing, strange things started happening around her. It would be well and good to get rid of it all together, let someone else have the chaos in their life. She wanted hers back to normal.

The bad thing of it was, she couldn't even force herself to reach out her hand and get rid of it. As much as she would have like nothing more to do at that very second, she felt something holding her back, almost making her feel protective of it.

"Be more stupid than you already are, Kagome," her mind raced. "You kept him from going off to jail where he should have went, and now get yourself killed over something as stupid as a necklace."

She took another step away from him wanting to run, and to distract him a bit she said, "D-Don't you think… that m-maybe we could… umm… sit down…"

KA-THUMP!

"…and talk about this…." she finished with those last set of words trailing off more quietly.

Kagome stood there, suddenly stupefied, looking at the spot where InuYasha once stood, seeing nothing now except the scatter of trees and bushes in the distance. Then her eyes dropped to the ground. There he was sprawled face down in the dirt as if some invisible hand held him there.

Wider than saucers did her eyes get as she viewed the sight before her. What just happened?

Inuyasha's muscles strained in an attempt to lift himself up. It was slow but the pressure eased and he was able to lift at least his face out of the dirt. Kagome wasn't the only one in a quandary as to what just happened either as a mixture of anger and surprise showed on his face, as he laid there.

"What the hell just happened?" his voice displayed the same confusion, as he gave voice to his thoughts.

The only thing Kagome could do was stand there in bewildered confusion herself.

"A-are you alright?" she stammered not knowing what else to do or say.

"Am I alright?" His golden eyes turned up to glare at her, his voice harshly exasperated, as he now was able to raise himself up on his arms. "You ask me if I'm alright?!"

He growled angrily, more in frustration of his embarrassment of eating dirt in front of this slip of a girl! He looked around he to see who and where his attacker might be, but all he saw was the raven hair, wide eyed girl in front of him.

"What the hell did you do?!" he demanded as he rose up to his knees. There wasn't anyone else there to blame it on. It had to be her!

"I-I didn't do anything." She denied, retreating with another step even though it didn't seem possible for him to do anything right then. "Maybe i-it was your own clumsy fault."

Did that really come out of her mouth? And the glare of his golden eyes on her was asking the same question.

"All I did was suggest that we sit…."

KA-THUMP!!

Once again, startled eyed and confused wonderment crossed Kagome's face all the while Inuyasha's was planted forcibly in the dirt. She watched as his body trembled slightly, hearing the low growling sound that he was obviously making. After several moments past, he was able to lift his head. This time his expression didn't have the confusion of embarrassment as it did of pure anger itself.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* END Of PART 4 *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Yes, sometimes we all make really stupid choices because of something that we feel within us… And, yes, sometimes it IS the wrong choice, but sometimes even though looks that way it really isn't. *_O