InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Seimei no Kakera: Shards of Life ❯ Yellow Toy Truck ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Apart from merchandise with his logo, I do not own Inu-Yasha.

Author's Note: After finding myself hooked on them, I've decided to start my own little ficlet corner (500 words or less in each installment) for my baby ideas that I don't have time to nurse into full blown plot lines. ^_~ They will have no rhyme or reason or order- some may be AU, others not. I just felt like this would be fun to try. ^_^

Please enjoy!

-


"YELLOW TOY TRUCK"

-

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

The six-year-old boy with long silver hair and doggie ears glanced up from his yellow toy truck, blinking his large golden eyes. "Huh?"

His best friend smiled at him, fiddling with her dandelion chain in the bright afternoon sun. Her blue-gray eyes shone more brightly then the cloudless sky as she scooted a bit closer to him. Had it been anyone else that tried this (especially another girl) he would have growled and moved away, but because it was her he silently allowed it. After all, she was his best friend - and because of that she didn't have cooties.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" she repeated, smiling cheerfully as she placed a crown of flowers upon her ebony haired head. He arched an eyebrow at her, trying to look cool but only succeeding in looking funny- if not a little constipated.

"A mass murderer," he retorted blandly before returning to his toy, sticking out his tongue and blowing wet raspberries as he moved the yellow truck back and forth in the grass. He frowned, however, when his friend stuck out her foot, blocking his toy's path with a glare.

"I'm being serious," she pouted, crossing her dandelion-adorned arms.

"So am I," he smirked, pulling his toy away from the sandal- wearing barrier and picking a few flowers, dumping them into the back of his yellow truck. "I wanna be a mass murderer."

"Humph! Well, that's not very nice," she reprimanded before starting another chain, nonchalantly avoiding his gaze. "And I don't think my mommy and daddy would let us be friends anymore if you were one."

`Not be friends?' His ears drooped a bit at the thought, but he instantly straightened them- lest she notice. "All right, all right. If it means THAT much to you," he grumbled, looking in the opposite direction as he fiddled with his yellow toy truck, "I'll be a doctor when I grow up. How about that?"

She smiled and removed her foot from his yellow truck's way. "That's much better, than you."

He grinned devilishly at her and began pushing his toy back and forth again, dropping dandelions left and right as he did so- when a thought suddenly struck him.

"Kagome-chan?" he inquired, his yellow truck's movements coming to a stop.

"Yes, Inu-chan?"

"Why?" he questioned, cocking his head as the girl glanced up from her work. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" As he asked she blushed and got to her feet, brushing off her skirt and dropping a crooked wreath of blossoms around his head.

"Your wife," she beamed, kissing him on the cheek before skipping off to join the other kids in the school yard playground.

Inu-Yasha blinked once, his face heating up at the thought, before gathering up his yellow toy truck and toddling after Kagome.

-

(Note: I imagined them both as chibis during this one. ^_~)