InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shikon School ❯ Necklace of Koi ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n. Hi everyone, Hope you guys enjoyed the last fluffy chapter. I got a review asking me if it was over, and someone sent me an email asking if it was over, no it's not. If it were, we wouldn't have this chappie would we? ^-^
 
Well this is about the Necklace of Koi, hurtful pasts, and a wacky phonecall… enjoy! R&R!!
 
*************************************
Everyone was heading to places and getting ready for classes in break time. Inuyasha sat in a desk next to Miroku in Algebra Class before it started.
 
“So…who's you're girl for the week?” Miroku asked quizzically. Inuyasha turned and glared at him.
 
“No girl,” Inuyasha replied flatly as he turned back around and laid back against the seat.
 
Miroku snorted, “Don't tell me no girl. I know you broke up with you're current ex Natsuki. I know you wanted to kiss Kagome; But, what I don't know is why did you break up with Kikyo a year ago.”
 
Inuyasha sighed. “One, I broke up with Natsuki cause I'm just not `feeling it' for her anymore. Second, I broke up with Kikyo because I found out she didn't love me,” Inuyasha's furry ears drooped slightly as he looked down in disgust, “Apparently hanyou blood isn't good enough for her…”
 
Miroku placed a hand on his shoulder, surprisingly; Inuyasha didn't swap it off.
 
“And Miroku, You know about the `Necklace of Koi' (A/n. Koi is `love' in Japanese), right?” Inuyasha questioned.
 
“Oh yeah, that secret necklace… It held some spiritual powers passed down from you're family, am I not correct?”
Inuyasha nodded.
 
“My Dad gave it to me before he and my mother passed away. Not even my dumbass brother, Sesshoumaro knows about. You and I are the only ones, and I trust you to keep it a secret.”
 
(A/n. THE NECKLACE LOOKS LIKE THE SHIKON NA TAMA.)
 
“You know I haven't told a soul about it, and I'm intending never to unless I can.”
 
“Well, the necklace is 500 years old. My ancestor was a miko and put pure powers in it, which are still held in it today. That's why it has to remain a secret.”
 
“So, what about it?” Miroku asked, “What are the powers? I don't think you ever told me, I just knew they were powerful.”
 
“The jewel bonds two lovers together. If love is present and is being show by the male, the jewel will turn blue, is the girl shows affection to the male, it will turn pink. If both lovers are showing love for each other, the jewel will shine gold. If the love is intense, sometimes the jewel shakes. If the jewel on the necklace turns black, the love is corrupted, it's just pure lust.”
 
Miroku's jaw dropped, “You better keep it safe. No more people are mikos and monks and whatever anymore. If the power is lost, you won't be able to get it back.”
 
Inuyasha nodded, “I know, and I'm glad Kikyo broke up with me before I told her all about it…”
 
 
Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Kikyo! Hey, Kikyo!” Inuyasha called as he ran up to his girlfriend. She turned around. Inuyasha caught up and clutched hard on the Necklace of Koi that he held behind his back.
 
“Inuyasha…why did you call me here? And especially this time of day…?” Kikyo questioned.
 
“It's only sunset, and I wanted to give you something and talk to you.” Inuyasha said. Kikyo blinked, “Inuyasha...I need to talk to you about something important too…”
 
Kikyo was sort of afraid to go on, so she let Inuyasha talk first.
 
“Kikyo, we've been dating for 8 months now. I trust you more than anyone! I wanted to give you this…” Inuyasha revealed the beautiful necklace to Kikyo. She gasped.
 
“Oh my god…where did you get this?” She asked.
 
“It's a long story,” Inuyasha said as he placed the necklace around her neck. Kikyo fingered it before she took it off and gave it back to Inuyasha, who just stood there in shock.
 
“I can't take this.” She said flatly.
 
“Why not? You, after all, are my…”
 
“-No, I'm not,” Kikyo cut him off, “I can't live with this burden. Inuyasha, I think it's best if we see other people.”
 
Inuyasha felt as if his world tore apart. “Kikyo…why?” Inuyasha whispered. He could barley talk from the shock and sorrow building up in him.
 
Kikyo sighed, Inuyasha, Kikyo; hanyou, human. We just don't…go…together. You can't mix oil with water.
 
Inuyasha's ears drooped as he lowered his eyes, and clutched on the necklace very hard; his body trembling. His silver bangs covered his eyes. His ears tweaked as he heard Kikyo walking away. Inuyasha felt so…alone.
 
It wasn't something new…
 
End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“So…that's about it…” Inuyasha said.
 
“So Kikyo doesn't know?” Miroku asked.
 
Inuyasha shook his head, “Nope. Wasn't able to tell her.”
 
Miroku tapped his chin, “Hey! Isn't that what started the whole `Triple-crosser and Three-timer crap.”
 
“Oh yeah! Who though up of those crackhead names anyway? I mean really, I'd rather be called Sugar Muffin than that…”
 
Miroku smiled, “That could be arranged…”
 
“Hell no!”
 
Miroku chuckled. “You know…” Inuyasha started, “Sometimes I wish I never met Kikyo…”
 
“It's better to love and lost than to never have loved at all.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes filled with sudden sorrow.
Miroku quickly changed the subject so he couldn't afflict his best friend anymore by reliving bad memories.
 
“So, what's up with you and Kagome?” Miroku gave a perverted smirk. Inuyasha's face fell and slightly blushed. He crossed his arms over his chest in a grumpy manner.
 
“Nothing…” He mumbled.
 
Miroku rolled his eyes, “C'mon, I saw you with Kagome on the beach.”
 
Inuyasha's eyebrow twitched and he uncrossed his arms. He said, “Oh yeah…that reminds me…” Miroku braced himself.
 
“YOU IDIOTIC BASTARD! Why the hell did have to show up?!” Inuyasha roared as he got in Miroku's face. He showed him his fist in a threatening manner, but Miroku knew he wouldn't punch him…too hard at least.
 
Miroku put his hands up in self defense, “Hey, it's not like you've never kissed a girl before.”
 
“She's… different…in a good way though!”
 
“And I wasn't watching everything.
 
“…Everything?...”
 
Miroku's sweat dropped, “Well, I saw…most of it…” Inuyasha growled and leaned back against his seat.
 
“Keh! I'll forgive you this time…” Inuyasha's face flushed. Miroku snickered. The bell rang as the teacher and students walked in and took their seats.
 
“Ok Class, settle down. Now flip you're textbooks to page 118…” The teacher ordered as the classmates groaned.
********************************
 
The wind softly blew at Inuyasha's face. His silver hair flying in tune with the breeze. He sighed, the memory of Kikyo playing in his head over and over again. He was standing all alone on the shore of the Shikon beach, under a shady palm tree.
Kagome quietly walked up to him, Inuyasha didn't notice. He was too busy mourning about his past and his pedigree.
 
“Inuyasha, Kikyo; hanyou, human. We just don't…go…together. You can't mix oil with water.”
 
“Inuyasha, Kikyo; hanyou, human. We just don't…go…together. You can't mix oil with water.”
 
“Inuyasha, Kikyo; hanyou, human. We just don't…go…together. You can't mix oil with water.”
 
`Damn it all!' Inuyasha thought as he punched the palm tree, knocking down two coconuts. Kagome gasped inwardly.
 
“Why do I have to be a hanyou…?” Inuyasha growled to himself. His expression changed as he felt something curvy and fragile wrap arms around his torso from behind. Kagome pressed her body against his strong muscular back.
 
“You are a hanyou. You cannot change the fact that you are a mix, but…does it really matter?” Kagome softly asked. Inuyasha widened his eyes. Kagome…
 
“Kagome, why…why don't you care that I'm not a pure bred?”
 
“The fact that it doesn't show the inside of any person. And besides…” Kagome gave a small smile as she tightened her grip on him slightly, “I wouldn't want you any other way…”
 
Inuyasha smiled as he turned around and pulled her in to his chest. Kagome blushed. Inuyasha stroked her hair and nuzzled his face in her hair.
 
“Thanks, Kagome…for everything…” He muffled. Inuyasha opened his eyes slightly and looked around to check that a certain pervert wasn't spying on the scene. Inuyasha smiled contently and breathed in Kagome's scent.
 
A/n. I know their aren't any powers in here (xcept for the necklace) but hey, anyone can smell good! Even naturally!
 
Nope. Not one sign of Miroku. Thank god too. But a certain someone was secretly watching them…*cough* Sango *cough*
*********************************
 
Bringgg! Bringgg!
 
“Is anyone gonna get that?” Kagome shouted as she paused her race car video game she was playing.
 
No reply.
 
“Ok, guess not!” Kagome threw her hands in the air and scampered to the phone.
 
Private…? Kagome thought as she looked at the caller ID. She picked up the phone.
 
Click
“Hello?” She answered.
 
Silence.
 
“…Uh, hello?” Kagome asked again. This time she got an answer.
 
A low, mysterious, groggy voice of a male answered,
 
“…Kagome, You have 7 days to live…”
 
Click!
 
He hung up.
***********************************
A/n. oooooo suspence! Lol, likey?
 
RATE AND REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
 
…please? I'll give you a cooooooooookie…*smiles sheepishly*