InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sk8tr Boi ❯ Angelic Voice ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I have good news for everyone who has been wondering when Kagome would be making an appearence. She's here! I'm afraid that they don't officially meet till next chapter though... I've kept you waiting long enough, read!
Disclosure: I do not own Inu Yasha or Sk8tr Boi.
 
Sk8tr Boi
Chapter 4
"Inu Yasha!" I'd been cleaning a red convertable car when Joe walked up behind me, I paused and looked up at him, "You play the guitar, right?"
I stared at him in shock, how did he know that? "What?" I asked startled. I hadn't played the guitar since my brother left, taking his guitar with him. I hadn't played since I was nine.
"You play the guitar right?" Joe asked again.
I nodded dumbly, "How did you know?" I just had to find out.
"Oh, um...well..." What was wrong with Joe? He was stuttering like a teenage boy asking the girl of his dreams out on a date for the first time. "You see, your grandmother..."
"I don't have a grandmother." I reminded him.
He looked at me for a moment in uncertainty, "That's right, ... It was Kaede..."
"Oh...her." Was my only reply. I rolled my eyes. Kaede had been one of my teachers. She hadn't been all that good at it either, and I basically taught myseft from watching other people and reading about it. It wasn't all that dificult. I motioned him to continue.
He skipped how Kaede had told him, actually I'd like to know how he knew Kaede. "So would you?"
I shook my head, "Sorry, but I haven't played in years." I told him truthefully.
"Doesn't matter, your still good at it."
"How do you know that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.
"Your the type of guy who doesn't forget things easily." I gave in and agreed with him there. "So you will?"
"Nope."
"What! Why not!" He was getting exasperated with me.
"I don't have a guitar." I pointed out, a smirk on my face.
He smiled at me, "You can use mine."
I gave him a funny look, he had a guitar? Now I hadn't seen that one coming. He walked into the building and I followed, dropping my damp cloth in the bucket of water. Now what was he up to?
He walked into his office and came out with a nice looking guitar (an: Okay, I know as much about guitars as I do about cars, if you know what kind you think he should have then please tell me in a review and describe it, then I'll fix this up for you...) I reluctantly took it in my hands. It felt like an old friend finally coming home to visit. I plucked a few stings and found myself enjoying the feel of the strings vibrating under my fingers.
"So, is that a yes?" He asked hopefully, breaking into my little world.
I sighed, "I'm already singing, so what harm can it do. You mind if I take this home to practice with."
"Nope, go ahead." He said happily. I groaned inwardly, feeling as if I had been tricked.
Kagome waved the banner she held in her hand in front of her manager's face, "Come on Sango! It'll be fun! We haven't done something like this since I became popular!"
"And for good reason!" Her best friend pointed out, "What would we do if someone recognised you?" She asked.
Kagome sighed dramatically, "No one is going to find out! It's not that dificult to blend in. Miroku can help us!"
"No! I won't let that pervert anywhere near me!" Sango said in a high pitched voice.
Kagome laughed, mentioning the black haired makeup artist usually caused that kind of reaction in Sango. When someone usually mentions a guy who works with makeup and clothing you'd think 'gay' right. Well, that was definitely not the case with Miroku. Miroku was a full fledged Pervert. Not only that, but he had a major crush on Sango.
"Come on, Sango! You know it'll be fun!" She pleaded again, "besides, your car needs a wash."
Sango found herself nodding, then, when she realised what she was doing, she shook her head vehenmently. "No no, no! Kagome this is a very bad idea!" Kagome turned wide brown eyes on Sango, "No! Don't even try it!" But she was weakening!
"Come on, Sango. We need a break. And this time I wont' be the person entertaining everyone. This Inu Yasha guy will be doing the singing." She said consulting the paper again, "Please please please!" She begged.
"Oh, fine! We can go. But only if Miroku helps, and he is not allowed anywhere near my rear end!" She said with all seriousness. Kagome laughed at her, "What kind of name is Inu Yasha anyway?" Sango asked. Kagome could only shrug.
The day of the concert arived and I was excited, I'll admit it. I hadn't been to a concert in...wait, I'd never been to a concert, much less gotten the ticket for free! This was going to be great.
When I got there I got another ticket and the person expained to me what was going on, "Well, you see, there's a number here on this ticket. Sometime during the concert Kagome will call out the winning number and the person with that number will get to go backstage after the concert and meet with Kagome personally." I smiled to myself and pocketed the ticket.
Heck, I felt really lucky tonight. Maybe that winning number would be mine. I didn't fool myself once, but it was a nice thought. Maybe I really would get to meet this Kagome person. I smirked. That would certainly shut up the other kids at school, now wouldn't it?
I made my way into the throng of people (an: I know this will come as a bit of a shock, but I have never been to a concert before, so I have no idea how it works or even what it would be like. I'm going off of my imagination and good old tv) Soon enough Kagome came onstage. She was dressed in a tight green shirt with only one sleeve. Her hip hugger pants flared out at the bottom slightly and she wore long high heeled sandles. Her wavy black hair was pulled out of her face by a green bandana. Her make up was also expertly done with green and pink colors. She seemed like a shimmery green forest sprite.
Well, first impressions seemed to be going in the right direction, I must admitt.
She started off by adressing the audiance and explaining the rules of the little 'game' they had set up for the concert. Then the music started and she started to sing. The music was loud, and I found my ears were pressed to my scull to dull the blare.
Through the music I heard one voice, one angelic, crystaline voice. Her voice was the most amasing, the most magical thing I had ever heard. The music seemed to swell, and pulsate with the voice, drawing out it's full potention. I found myself being drawn along on a ride that I had no control over at all. My senses were on overdrive, and I could only watch the goddess on stage. I felt like she was singing directly to me. Sould to soul.
Of course, I knew I was being silly. There was no way she could be singing to me. She didn't even know I exsist, so how could she be singing to me. But I still couldn't shake the feeling that this song, this voice, that beautiful goddess was meant for me and me alone.
I know, rediculous. But then, her eyes were roaming over the crowd, rather caually, when suddenly they stopped on me. How did I know she was looking directly at me. That was easy. We locked eyes.
She kept singing, and looking at me, like she couldn't look away. I stared right back at her, messmerised. Finally she broke contact, blushing, but still singing. The only way I knew she was blushing was how intently I'd been watching her. I noticed the moment her cheeks started to brighten and her eyes shine with embarressment. I smirked to myself. Why was she blushing?
I couldn't help but think that maybe she was blushing because she had been caught staring at me for so long.
Finally she stopped singing, "Okay, everyone. I think it's time to draw our winning ticket!" Her announcement was followed by loud cheers from the crowd. I causually glanced at my ticket. 112359.
A little red headed boy ran out on stage carrying a crystal bowl. Kagome smiled at him, and I found myself wishing it were me she was smiling at. I shook that thought from my mind and focused on what she was saying. "Thank you Shippo." She reached into the bowl and pulled out a small handfull of papers. She let them drop one by one, drawing out the tention, till she held a single slip of paper. "And our winner is: 112859!"
There was a scream from somewhere in the crowd, and I felt my heart sink. One number off! I was one number off!
Kagome's smooth voice broke through my thoughts, "That's a 3. Sorry. I misread the number! The real number is 112359!"
What! She'd misread? I was the real winner?
I couldn't believe it!
 
Well, I hope that will bring you all to my next chapter. I think everyone will be glad to know that Kagome and Inu Yasha are going to actally meet in the next chapter. You were all probably wondering how I'd bring them together..I think I did pretty good. Well, they may meet next chapter, but who said they have to be nice to eachother...grins wickedly I guess in order to see what disasters I have cooked up for their first meeting you'd better read my next chapter. I would also like to know any good idea's you might have, I got one from someone that I think I might use.
Review!