InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ The Joys of Parenthood ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on March 27, 2012 for Prompt #280 Roaring Silence.

Title: The Joys of Parenthood
Author: ananova
Rating: T for language
Prompt: Roaring Silence (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: Family/Humor
Word Count: 200
Summary: Inuyasha should really watch his mouth.

-----------------------

Inuyasha glared at the form of his older brother as he entered Kaede's hut. “What do you want now bastard?” He had been irritated all day and didn't need Sesshomaru making things worse. It didn't help that he had smelled his scent earlier and knew that this visit was coming. The anticipation of the meeting had only worsened his mood. At this point his mood was so dark that he completely forgot who else was currently in the hut.

Sesshomaru simply raised an eyebrow. “This Sesshomaru is not here for you.” With that said he turned his attention away from Inuyasha and toward the young girl sitting in the corner.

But Inuyasha was not the only one to notice Sesshomaru's arrival. “Bastard!” Jomei chirped up from where he had been playing beside his mother. “Uncle Bastard!”

The roaring silence that followed Jomei's outburst had Inuyasha cringing as he turned to meet Kagome's angry gaze. “Inuyasha! Osuwari!”

The sound of Inuyasha's face slamming into the floor was accompanied by Jomei's delighted laughter. “Osuwari,” the toddler cried with glee. Inuyasha just groaned and continued to lie there. It was the perfect end to a shitty day.