InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ Changes ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on May 1, 2012 for Prompt #284 Tight Fit.

Title: Changes
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Prompt: Tight Fit (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: General
Word Count: 249
Summary: Kagome's plans for a special night with Inuyasha end before they even begin.

------------------------


Kagome smiled as she pulled the yukata out of the chest. Sango had offered to watch the children to give her a break. A break she hadn't had since she gave birth to Izayoi. She had been feeling so tired and could tell Inuyasha needed a break as well. Her smile widened as she moved behind the changing screens. He would be in for a pleasant surprise when he returned.

Inuyasha paused as he entered the hut. His ears twitched as he heard the sound again. Kagome was crying. Dropping his bundle of firewood by the door, he hurried into the other room. “Kagome?”

Her head shot up from where she was sitting half-dressed on the futon. “Don't look at me! I'm so fat!” She began crying again.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

Kagome gestured at the yukata that was draped around her. The one he gave her when she returned to him. “It doesn't fit anymore. It's too tight.”

He sat next to her. “Of course it's not gonna fit the same after all of these years and two children. Doesn't make you fat, just means your body has changed some. You know this, I heard you say the same to Sango.” He wrapped his arm around her. “You're still as beautiful as the day we met.”

She wiped her eyes as she looked at him. “Really?”

“Keh! Now you're fishing for compliments,” he teased before kissing her.