InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ The Gift ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to At First Tweak on May 6, 2012 for Prompt #68 New Clothes.

Title: The Gift
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Family/Romance
Universe: Post-Canon
Word Count: 247
Summary: Inuyasha surprises Kagome with a gift. Follows Changes which is the story immediately preceding this one in the collection.

---------------------


Inuyasha smiled as he saw Jomei playing with some of the village children, including Miroku's, before he continued on to his hut. He paused at the door, shifting the bundle in his arms nervously. 'Hope she likes it,' he thought before entering.

“Inuyasha, you're back,” Kagome beamed at him from the fire, a pot of stew bubbling over it. “How did the extermination go?”

“Fine,” he replied, his eyes softening at the sight of little Izayoi napping in the corner. He held the bundle out to Kagome. “Here,” he said a bit gruffly.

Kagome took it, peering at him curiously before opening it. “Oh, it's beautiful,” she murmured as she held up the green yukata with flowers delicately embroidered on it. Her gaze shifted to him. “It's too much, it must have been expensive.” She bit her lip nervously as her hands continued to rub the soft fabric.

“Feh, you needed a new yukata.” Inuyasha crossed his arms nervously over his chest as he said the next part. “I'm sure it'll fit better than the old one.”Kagome's eyes widened at the reminder, before softening. “You didn't have to,” she told him as she approached. “Thank you.” And she gave him a long, lingering kiss.

Inuyasha smiled into the kiss, glad she liked the gift. But, he thought as he pulled her closer to him and deepened the kiss, the one she gave him was even better.