InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ Beards and Laughter ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on June 19, 2012 for Prompt #289 Whiskers and won 2nd place.

Title: Beards and Laughter
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Whiskers (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: Friendship/Humor
Word Count: 250
Summary: Shippou decides to show off some new tricks.

----------------------------

“So have you been learning a lot, Shippou-chan?” Kagome asked as they sat around outside the hut.

“Oh yeah, lots,” the kitsune nodded enthusiastically. A devious look came over his face. “Here, watch. Kitsune-B!” He tossed an acorn at the unsuspecting Inuyasha.

There was a cloud of smoke which the hanyou waved away. “You little brat!” The smoke cleared and everyone stared.

Kagome couldn't help it, she started to laugh. There stood a fuming Inuyasha in his signature red haori with his long silver hair trailing down his back. But instead of his usual clean-shaven face, he had a mustache and long beard. “Y-you look like Santa Claus!” she managed to gasp out between laughs, tears rolling down her face. The only thing missing from the image was the large belly and black boots.

“Grr!” Inuyasha growled as he began to storm toward the smug kitsune.

Shippou noticed his approach. “Er, gotta go!” He turned tail and ran.

“Get back here you pipsqueak and change me back!” Inuyasha hollered, waving one fist in the air.

“Calm down, Inuyasha,” Kagome said as she got her laughter under control. “I'm sure it'll disappear shortly.” She leaned up and gave him a kiss before giggling. “Sorry, it tickles. I think I prefer you without the whiskers.”

“Keh!” He smirked before purposefully rubbing his face against hers and listening to her laughter. 'Might as well enjoy it while it lasts,' he mused.