InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ Flowers ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to IB4Y2.0 on July 30, 2012 for W-Prompt #20 Garden.


Title: Flowers
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Family
Universe: Post-canon
Word Count: 369
Summary: While working in her garden Kagome receives some unexpected gifts from the men in her life, proving just how alike they are.

----------------------

Kagome sighed as she leaned back on her heels from where she had been kneeling in her vegetable garden. One arm rose to wipe the sweat from her forehead as she turned to look around. It was too quiet.

Suddenly, giggles filled the air, punctuated by a few sneezes.

Kagome's head turned in the direction of the sound. Her eyes lit up in amusement as she tried to swallow her own laughter. There was her toddler son, racing toward her as fast his tiny, unsteady legs would allow him, his arms filled with the dandelions and other weeds she had pulled from her garden.

“Mama! Flowers!” he exclaimed as he neared her. “Here!” He beamed a wide smile at her.

“Thank you Jomei-chan,” she smiled at him as she accepted the messy bouquet of 'flowers' from him. “They're beautiful.” She brought them up to her face and pretended to smell them.

The child's smile grew wider. “Pretty flowers for pretty Mama!”

Kagome laughed. “I think you've been spending too much time around Miroku-sama,” she told him as she reached out and tickled his stomach.

“Keh. Don't know about that, I think he was telling the truth.”

Kagome turned to see Inuyasha standing there, a simple bouquet of lilies in his hand.

He strode forward before dropping to the ground beside her and giving the child a mock glare. “Oi, you stole my idea. Are you trying to steal my woman too?”

Jomei giggled, plopping himself into Kagome's lap. “My Mama!” he proclaimed loudly.

Inuyasha couldn't hold his glare as chuckles escaped him. He reached out and ruffled the boy's hair. “Yep, your Mama,” he agreed. “And my wife,” he added as he pulled Kagome closer and kissed her. “I missed you,” he said as they broke apart and he handed her the flowers. “I saw these on the way back and thought you'd like them. Should have known great minds think alike,” he chuckled again as he waved a hand at the 'flowers' Jomei had gathered for her.

Kagome simply smiled and cuddled closer to her two favorite males, the two bouquets held gently in her arms. “That's alright, a girl can never have enough flowers.”