InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ The Ultimate Weapon ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to IB4Y2.0 on September 10, 2012 for W-Prompt #21 Unified.


Title: The Ultimate Weapon
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Genre: Family
Universe: Post-canon
Word Count: 269
Summary: Inuyasha knew they had to remain strong. But the sight before them was quickly weakening his resolve.

------------------------

“We have to be strong. We can't give in,” Kagome whispered to Inuyasha.

He nodded, knowing that she was right. But staring at the sight before them, it was so hard to resist. He felt his resolve weakening.

Kagome must have sensed this. “Inuyasha! We have to keep a strong, unified front! If they sense weakness, they'll go in for the kill!”

Inuyasha knew she was right. But he couldn't help it. His resolve was crumbling quickly. Their weapon was just to strong.

Sensing weakness, Izayoi turned to focus solely on him, Jomei joining her a moment later as they both looked at him with sad puppy dog eyes and stuck out their lower lips.

He caved and turned to Kagome. “What's the harm with giving them one sweet before dinner?”

Kagome groaned and threw up her hands in frustration. “It will ruin their appetites.”


“Never stopped you from giving them to Shippou,” Inuyasha pointed out as he also gave her the puppy dog eyes.

“Fine,” Kagome gave in, unable to resist their combined efforts. It just wasn't fair that her family was able to use that look so naturally. It was the ultimate weapon, making it almost impossible to say no.

After the children ran outside with their sweets Inuyasha wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to rest against his chest. “Don't be so mad. So the kids got a treat. So did we.” When Kagome turned to give him a confused look he proceeded to kiss her. He pulled back and smirked. “I think ours was better.”

Kagome laughed and kissed him again.