InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sorano's Secret ❯ Interested ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Interested
 
When Sorano woke up she was in an old, run down hut. The afternoon sun filtered through the torn fabric, which hung over the window. She could hear her comrades conversing outside about her and Sesshomaru.
 
“What the hell was that?” InuYasha stammered, “I've never seen Sesshomaru act so weird! And what's up with this Sorano chick? If she Knew about Sesshomaru and me fighting all these years, why the hell was she so nice to him? Not to mention her saving that girl, Rin! Dammit! I thought she was on our side!”
 
“InuYasha, I'd save Rin too if given the chance. Besides, I've never seen Sesshomaru act like such a gentlemen. It sure is strange.” Kagome sighed.
 
“I don't get it either, InuYasha.” Miroku said scratching his chin thoughtfully, “There's something unusual about Sorano but not ominous. It's obvious that she has a kind heart, but her kindness goes beyond normal standards. Suppose, she really is who she says she is. That would account for her forgiving nature and her firm belief in doing what she believes is right.”
 
“Feh! You actually believe she's the daughter of that Izanagi guy and some stupid human? Or are you just defending her because you want to ask her to have your child? You letch!” InuYasha snorted.
 
“Stupid human, huh, InuYasha?” Kagome sounded.
 
Knowing he only had maybe a half a second to clean up his mess, the hanyou cowered in an effort to apologize. Too late.
 
“Sit boy!” Kagome yelled.
 
Sorano heard the distinct sound of InuYasha's face being pounded into the dirt, as well as a certain monk getting hit.
 
“W..What was that for?” Miroku pleaded as he looked at Sango with his hand rubbing the huge lump on his head. “I didn't do anything.”
 
“No, but you were thinking it. You pervert!” Sango seethed.
 
At this, Sorano let lose a tiny giggle. InuYasha's ears perked up, “Oi! You just gonna eavesdrop on us all day or are you gonna come out and join the conversation?”
 
Though slightly startled by InuYasha's outburst, she stood and exited the old hut. “Alright InuYasha, always spoiling my fun.” She joked.
 
“If it makes you feel any better, he always spoils my fun.” A young kitsune snickered, finally making his appearance.
 
“Shut up runt!” InuYasha piped as he pounded Shippo on the head.
 
“It seems you still do not believe who I am.” Sorano began, “ But what I speak is truth. I spoke politely to your brother because I felt it necessary. Even though you two have fought practically forever, he still has goodness in him. It only needs to be confronted properly in order to draw it out. I saved Rin because she is an innocent child. As for who's side I am on, well, I suppose that's for you to choose.”
 
“Excuse me.” Came a small voice from above, drawing everyone's attention.
 
Rin was on Ahun and she was holding a bouquet of wildflowers. “Lord Sesshomaru said it was okay for me to bring these to you.” She continued as Ahun landed a couple of feet away. The young girl leapt off the two-headed dragon and ran toward Sorano, offering her the sweet smelling bouquet. “Lord Sesshomaru said you saved me at the risk of your own life. I just wanted to say thank you.”
 
“You are quite welcome little lady. I'm honored.” Sorano spoke as she accepted the flowers. “You are quite a ways from your lord, why isn't he with you?” Though she already knew the answer she continued, “ Doesn't he realize it isn't safe for you to be out by yourself?”
 
“Oh, well, Ahun and master Jaken take care of me when Lord Sesshomaru isn't around.” Rin defended. “Besides if I were ever in real danger, Lord Sesshomaru would save me.”
 
“Look, enough of the chit-chat. Why don't you go back to your Lord Sesshomaru, you're starting to get on my nerves.” InuYasha fumed.
 
Rin jumped, startled by the interruption. Sorano put her hand on Rin's shoulder and said, “You needn't fear him. He's really a big softy.”
 
Rin giggled, “Thanks again, but I should be going now anyway. Bye.” She climbed onto Ahun and off they flew, disappearing into the clouds.
 
After the whole situation with Sesshomaru had ended, the group continued in their search for the rumored shard, which turned out to be just that, a rumor.
 
Months passed like seconds and before she knew it, Sorano had been traveling with InuYasha and company for almost eight months. They still felt there was something she wasn't saying, but they no longer doubted her.
 
Rin had made it a point to go and visit, she had taken quite a shine to Sorano. Sesshomaru never came along, but Sorano was never far from the demon lord's mind.
 
`Sesshomaru.' Sorano thought as she lagged behind the group. There was something about him that had touched Sorano's very soul. Just like she had sparked his interest, he too had sparked hers. She longed to spill her feelings for Sesshomaru to Kagome and Sango, but felt it best not to, considering their past with him.
 
“Oi! What's the matter with you?” InuYasha shouted. “You better not be sick, `cause we're not stoppin' for your sorry ass!”
 
“Stop it InuYasha. She's not bothering anyone.” Kagome argued, giving him a look that conveyed certain subjugation might follow if he persisted.
 
Immediately grasping her meaning, he let up and continued walking ahead. “Sheesh. Women.” Mumbled the irritated hanyou.
 
Kagome could see that something had changed about Sorano, especially since she met Sesshomaru. The young miko leaned toward Sango and whispered, “Are you thinking what I'm thinking about Sorano and Sesshomaru?”
 
“I suspected something.” Responded the demon slayer.
 
Both girls looked at each other knowingly with a sly smirk playing at the corners of their mouths.
 
Later on that day when the opportunity arose, the two girls confronted Sorano.
 
“Hey Sorano?” Kagome began. “Sango and I have something to ask you. Do you mind?”
 
Before Sorano even had a chance to reply, Sango blurted, “So do you have feelings for Sesshomaru? We've both noticed that since you met him you've been a bit removed from the rest of the group.”
 
“I didn't realize just how obvious my feelings were.” Sorano mused. “I believe that Sesshomaru has admirable characteristics and I find myself thinking of him a lot lately. I suppose there is something about him that draws my attention.”
 
“So you love Sesshomaru?” Kagome concluded.
 
“Love is a powerful word, Kagome. But I suppose my feelings lean in that direction. However I fear the feeling may not be mutual.” Sorano answered as she lowered her eyes in despair.