InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sorano's Secret ❯ Unknown Desires ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unknown Desires
 
Several miles from where InuYasha and company was camped, sat a confused dog demon. Many times before his curiosity had been sparked; but by a woman, rarely. For Sesshomaru this was a first. He couldn't get her out of his mind, her long flowing tresses, as dark as the night itself, those eyes that sparkled like the deepest ocean at sunset. Constantly her image danced in his dreams. He saw her flying as the sun illuminated her, bouncing off her ebony hair. He had felt the power she possessed when she saved young Rin. Everything about her frustrated him, but why?
 
`Who is she?' He questioned. `Many women have intrigued me, but none like this. Its like she has taken possession of me. No matter how much I try, the thought of her still lingers.'
 
He tried to rationalize the situation in order to reach some conclusion. `All right. So she had wings, therefore she cannot be human. But why then does she smell human? She possesses some weak powers, a priestess of some sort? `
 
His thoughts were interrupted by Rin's inquiry, “Lord Sesshomaru? Are you okay? You don't seem like your usual self.”
 
Rin, along with Jaken and Ahun, had taken notice that Sesshomaru was acting a bit strange. Normally he goes off on his own, leaving Jaken to guard Rin and her to fend for herself. But lately he just lolled around. His body was present, but his thoughts were in the clouds.
 
“I am fine.” Sesshomaru began, “It just seems like I cannot get that woman out of my mind.” He had meant it as a thought, but the words had escaped his lips before he could restrain himself.
 
“Do you mean Sorano, Lord Sesshomaru? She's such a wonderful person. I like her very much.”
 
“I believe she's put a spell on you, milord.” Jaken spoke adding his own two sense.
 
“No, no Master Jaken. Sorano would never do that, besides…” she leaned over with her hand blocking the side of her mouth and whispered, “…I think Lord Sesshomaru is falling in love with her.”
 
“W-Wh..” But Rin's little hand clasping Jaken's mouth shut quickly silenced his outburst.
 
Despite her efforts to conceal her thoughts, Sesshomaru had heard her. And the statement hit him like a bolt of lightning.
 
`In love? Never!'
 
But his denial was only temporary. He had always felt something was missing in his life, but he could never figure out just what it was. He recalled how happy his father had been when he was in love with someone and how much it had changed him. He also considered the change a young miko had caused in his half-demon brother. Was love what he was searching for? Was it love that had caused his mind to race with thoughts of Sorano? Was she the missing piece waiting to complete him?