InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ STF: Special Task Force : Japan ❯ The Grid - PART 1 - The Man in the Back of the Van ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

--- 3 Months Later ---

Kagome had been back to work - against my wishes might I add - for about a week. She did listen when I told her to stick to her desk. Even Inuyasha didn't let her out of his sight.

But today was her first day back on the beat and of course me and Inuyasha were very uneasy about it. So we combined the three units into mine. And that's where we were now.

"Why can't I sit up front?" Kagome whined.

"Just incase." Inuyasha said. His answer to all of her why's.

Kagome huffed crossing her arms and leaning back. Wincing a little as she did. Still feeling tender.

I sighed pulling into the fast food drive-thru driveway. "What wants what?"

---------------------------

A little over 3 Miles away

---------------------------

A man sat in the driver's seat of a white van. It didn't stand out in the crowd of cars, not one bit. Another one got into the passenger side. A semi-large object in his hand.

"It is done?" The driver asks. The other man passes over the object.

"We have a five mile radius. I placed one on each support beam structure. Press and boom!"

"Traceable?"

"Not in the least."

"Good. Get in back." The man says. The passenger looks at him funny, but does it anyway. "Why? Need something?"

"No." The driver says, pulling a suppressed weapon from under his jacket. "Just tying up loss ends."

Two silenced shots rang out and he got out of the van. Getting into a much faster sports car.

------------------

Fast Food Place

13:16:77

------------------

I sat back in my seat as Inuyasha finished off his last bite of the burger. Looking around like he lost something he snatched up a small bag and a lost French fry. Eating it he received a gagging sound from Kagome.

"That was disgusting! Who eats things that fall between the seat?!"

"Well, I do." Inuyasha said. I put my hand up from my reclined position. "Guilty."

Kagome scoffed. "Men." She said. "You would never see a women do that."

Just then she let our a burp. Me and Inuyasha look at each other. "Women. Such hypocrites." He said.

"Oh yah." I said, replacing my hat over my eyes. "Hurry up. I want to get back on the road."

"Then drive. I'm not going to choke for you." Kagome said. I put my seat up starting my car. "You spill any of the shit in my car - I'm sending you the bill."

"Please, I'm not Inuyasha."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Kagome put on a fake smile. "Nothing, dearest."

I rolled my eyes, pulling out of the lot and stopping at a red light.

"Look. I don't mind finding you to cuddling in his office chair and vice-versa. I don't mind finding her fast asleep in your lap in the break room as you doze of yourself. But keep the pet names out of my car."

Kagome giggled and Inuyasha blushed. "`Here boy!' and `Good dog.' And `Sexy Inu' will not be said in my car. Same goes for you Inuyasha. No `kitty Kagome' or anything. Do it behind your closed office doors." I added. Smirking to myself as Inuyasha turned the radio on.

The loud sounds of Maroon 5 filled my car.

I was so high I did not recognize
The fire burning in her eyes
The chaos that controlled my mind
Whispered goodbye and she got on a plane
Never to return again
But always in my heart

This love has taken its toll on me
She said Goodbye too many times before
And her heart is breaking in front of me
I have no choice cause I won't say goodbye anymore

Inuyasha quickly flipped the switch.

How dare you say that my behavior is unacceptable
So condescending unnecessarily critical
I have the tendency of getting very physical
So watch your step cause if I do you'll need a miracle

You drain me dry and make me wonder why I'm even here
This Double Vision I was seeing is finally clear
You want to stay but you know very well I want you gone
Not fit to funkin' tread the ground I'm walking on

When it gets cold outside and you got nobody to love
You'll understand what I mean when I say
There's no way we're gonna give up
And like a little girl cries in the Face of a monster that lives in her dreams
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe

I sighed as he turned it off and Kagome scolded him. "That was a good song!"

"What is this, All Maroon Weekend?" Inuyasha said.

"Dispatch to 55D."

I felt everyone's eyes light up as I grabbed the radio.

"55 David - go."

"55 David, reports of suspicious persons in the area of Tokyo Heights. Please investigate."

"Copy. 55D en-route."

"Respond code three as we are on high alert status."

"Copy. Code 3."

I sped up and hit my siren and lights.

------------------

Tokyo Heights

13:45:44

------------------

I got out of my car, leaving the lights flashing as I put on my jacket. The cold breeze whipped at me as I put my hat on and began looking around. "What do you want to do? Evac the building?" Kagome asked.

"Not just yet. Call for some backup. Get Sango and that Shippo kid down here. Call Miroku as well. Get the entire team going on this - no mistakes." I said. Noticing a white van that now seemed slightly out of place to me. Something about it. Nikki's voice in my head was signing again.

"Bryan, if we call the entire team - they'll bring the BCC. They bring that plus a few units people begin to look and wonder. Soon they start to form their own little what ifs and soon we have a panic situation."

Kagome nodded with Inuyasha's statement.

"True, but I would rather cause it slowly than all at once." I said approaching the van.

I knocked on the driver's window. No one.

My hand hit my holster as I opened the cargo doors.

"Shit. Dead body. Now we evacuate."

"Why?" Inuyasha asked, coming in from my right.

"Dead dude in the car. It has terrorist written all over it."

"Huh? You've lost us." Kagome said, meeting with him.

"Look." I pointed at the body. "One shot to the head. He looks dirty as if he's been crawling around in tight spots, and to top it off." I ripped open the shirt he was wearing. "Bullet proof vest with side arm." I said, propping up his leg and pulling back the pants.

"Fuck."

"Right." My mind was in full gear now. I grabbed my radio.

"55 David. I have confirmed activity. Repeat, confirmed. Requesting all units in the Tokyo/Inu-Yama area ASAP. Bomb squad, CT, military, all field/Intel and field/Search-Rescue now! Repeat all units and branches now!"

"Copy!" Her voice frantic. "All units! Respond! BCC on TAC 1 - drop everything and go!"

I ran up to the building. Banging on the door until the door man opened it. I pushed passed him receiving a `what the fuck?' in the process. I slammed my badge down on the receptionist's desk.

"Listen, I want this entire building evacuated right now! Every last person is to leave!"

She didn't need to be telled twice after looking at my badge. She hit the alarm.

I could hear the sirens coming. Each one in it's own way. I ran out front pointing each one across the street. "I want a perimeter set up! No one comes in this lot! Got it!?"

"Yes, sir!" I rookie yelled out as I heard Kagome and Inuyasha shout.

"This way! Keep moving!"

"Right this way sir! Don't stop!"

The next thing I heard was a deafening sound. An explosion on the top floors. Then in the middle. The top floors began to collapse as the last people came running out.

As the building hit the ground ash and smoke filled the area.

I couldn't find Kagome or Inuyasha…