InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tensai of the Ookami-Inu ❯ Battle of the Bands ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tensai of the Ookami-Inu
By Dog-Demon-Emiko
Chapter 17: Battle of the Bands
"I'm not leaving because I couldn't kill you, I'm leaving because I could." -Lara Croft: The Cradle of Life
That night Kagome could not sleep, nor could she cry. She couldn't eat or think, or feel, or smile. Not even Ao could cheer her. It was like she was stuck in some kind of trance, some kind of void that she was so wrongly thrust into. She said to herself over and over that she wasn't going to do it, but then agian she was sad and torn as if she was. She couldn't do it, right? She couldn't kill the one she loved. What about Sesshomaru? And Emiko? They loved him too! So did Sango and Miroku, and Ayame and Kouga! Inuyasha had a family outside of his family that needed and loved him! What would the football team be without him. Kimi was wrong on this one, how could she? Killing people who sold biological weapons, who covered the footsteps of criminals, who ran drug operations, that was one thing, she was getting rid of the scum that made the world they lived in hell. But this...this was murder. How could she casually walk in and slaughter someone in cold blood? How dishonerable, how cruel. Inuyasha had done nothing, to anyone! Not Kimi, not Kagome, how the hell could someone do that?
'Because she's a murderer...what does she care?' a voice said in the back of her mind. Ofcorse Kimi didn't care.Kagome wants a pond, a toy, a clone or a copy that Kimi wanted to walk in her cold and lonley footsteps one day.
Kagome had only gone to sleep that night when she was out of tears and her eyes swelled shut, and even then she had nightmares. Horrid dreams of Inuyasha, blooded with souless eyes, haunting her, asking her why she betrayed him, of why she would do something like that. She could only cry as she heard Kimi's laughs echoing in the backround, never ceasing until Kagome awoke in cold sweat and haggerd breathing.
She put on a large hoodie and some of her baggier cargos. Black eyeshadow was smoldered around her eyes to give her a definet 'Go-Away' look and lipstick of a deep purplish black. She finally put on fingerless fishnets and parted her hair in the back so that equal amounts came over her shoulders and put her hood over her head, shadowing the top half of her face. All that people could see were black lips, and maybe if they dipped at the right angle they could catch a glimpse of her golden eyes.
Kagome had arrived at school just as the 7:30 bell rang, signaling that everyone had 5 minutes before their offically late tohomeroom. She had just did the combination at her locker when Ginta's scent drafted to her nose and his Vans entered her vision of the floor.
"Yo Kags, have you seen- dude, what the hell? You going vamp on me or what Higurashi?" Kagome slammed her locker, threw her bag over her shoulder and turned to face the wolf demon. She could see him just from under her hood but all he could see was her nose, chin, and black lips. She stood there and waited for him to back off, but instead he picked the bolder and dummer move of dipping down to look up her head and then reaching up to pull it off. From the darkness that her hood provided her eyes flashed in warning and shepulled her lips backin a violent hiss, fangs bared. Ginta jumped back and immediatly put his hands up in submission. "Chill out, dam..." he stammered. When he saw this did not lighten her mood he quickly went for his own homeroom across the hall. Without looking at him Kagome went into hers. She didn't even have to look to see that Sango, Miroku, and Inuyasha were talking in the back. Not quite ready to talk to him face to face, she picked up the marker on the white board and scribbled 'Kagome was here' and left before anyone noticed.
From the roof she heard the second bell ring and waited. She would just walk into her first class late is all, saying that she was at the bathroom and there was a line or something. Her teacher really didn't care. She had just sat down and pulled out her iPod and cranked up 'Seen It All' by KoRn. She closed her eyes and put herself into a meditate like state, hearing only the music and feeling nothing.
Suddenly she jumped; the door to the roof slammed and behind her was her hanyou. 'No, not mine anymore...for real this time', she thought sadly. Inuyasha walked in front of her and squatted down, trying to peek under her hood. She growled, can't she get a little privacy?
"Feisty this morning? Ginta said you nearly bit his head off." he said quietly as he sat in front of her. Kagome stopped growling with a huff. "Okay...what's your problem?" he asked, and took a sniff of the air.
'No, I'm not on my blood cycle stupid,' she thought.
"Heeelllllllooooo," he drawled out, waving her hand in front of her face. She watched as his fingers made a formation of trying to grab her hood. Having enough she grabbed his arm, stood, and slammed him into the ground and put her knee on his back. "Oww! What the fuck is your problem wench?" She said nothing, only held his arm tighter and reached into her hoodie. Inbetween her breasts (being held by her bra) was a small dagger. She raised it, poised to hit the back of his neck but never struck. Sticking it quickly back into the sleeve, she allowed Inuyasha to get up and then dodged his attempt to pin her.
"I'm not in the mood Yash,"
"I'll say!" He then took a calmer approach after seeing his arm wasn't broken "Hey, look. I'm not going to bug you about this, but just let me know what's going on, okay? When ever your ready alright? No rush." He walked up behind her and brought his face around the right side of hers. She had to will herself to not turn away when he planted a light kiss on her cheek. She felt disgusting as she heard the door slam, and tears welled in her eyes. How could she live?
She plopped back onto the ground, pulling the dagger out of her sleeve. She winced, realzing that the dagger had cut her when she pulled it out. Taking off her left glove, she looked at the wound. The sight of her own blood seemed to have froze time for her.
'You can make this all better,' something told her 'just a litle bit deeper.'
She had no control over her body when she ran the dagger lightly along the cut, back and forth. She'd rather die...she'd rather die then betray Inuyasha and her friends. They were the first true family she had.
'But if I don't then Kimi will,' she thought. 'I have to stay here and protect them! No, I could leave...and then just rat her out. But wouldn't that be taking the chicken way out?'
'But you can't defeat Kimi. She knows every move you make the day before you make them! You think she'll fall under your hands? Every trainer you had, she's already defeated and just allowed them to keep their lives.'
'Except for her jujitsu weapons trainer, she killed him for some reason.'
'Yea, because shes a crazy bitch' Kagome giggled at her own thoughts and put her head back, looking up to the sky. Keeping her iPod in her ears she went back into school and decided to go to class that day. As she figured, her teacher didn't really notice or care. She only gave Kagome a head nod once she saw her sit down, and when she turned to the board agian Kagome flipped off all of the kids who were protesting her not getting a detention.

At 3:30pm Kagome dismissed the martial arts team. It was the spring team, which was considerably smaller. Only about 16 people were on the team not counting its 3 captians, instead of its normal 26. Normally the pratice would end at 4:45,but its 3 captians had band practice for the rest of the week, and so did about 5 other people. The three of them changed their clothes and drove to Inuyasha's house.
The drive was a long one for Kagome. Twice she almost turned to go home instead. Whenever Kimi gives her an assignment, unless it says otherwise then it always meant immediate termination. There were going to be other people there, so she did have an excuse. But to just be in his presence knowing that his life was going to end because of her, that he was never going to see graduation...
Been givin 24 hours to tie up loose ends, to make amendsHis eyes said it all, I stared to fall and the silence deafendHead spinning 'round, no time to sit down, just wanted to run and run and run,Becareful they say don't wish life away, and now I've one day
And I can't belive, how I've been wasting my time
In 24 hoursThey'll be, laying flowersOn my lifeIt's over tonghtI'm not messing, no,I need your blessing and your promise to live freePlease do it for me
She stopped the car and pulled over. Soon the rain began to tap on the car lightly, causing a gentle hum that almost put her in a trance.
Is there a heaven a hell, and will I come back, who can tell?Now I can see what matters to me it's as clear as crystalThe places I've been, the people I've seen, the plans that I've made start to fadeThe sun setting gold, thought I would grow old, it wasn't to be
And I can't belive how much I've wasting my time
In 18 hoursThey'll be laying flowers on my lifeIt's over tonightI'm not messing, no,I need your blessing and your promise to live freePlease do it for me
In 13 hoursThey'll be laying flowers on my lifeIt's over tonightI'm not messing, no,I need your blessing and your promise to live freePlease do it for me
'How can I do this?' Tears ran down her pale cheeks 'How can I be such a monster? So much blood...' she thought over and over. She couldn't understand how people lived like this. How could people go to sleep every night with so much blood? But I'm more than a killer, right? I'm much more than that. I'm a person, a friend, a love. 'I can't be here,' she thought 'I have to leave. I won't kill Inuyasha, and I'll tell Kimi that too. I've lived on my own for quite a while, I'm sure I'll do fine agian. Me and Ao, just like old times...'
I'm not alone, I sense it, I sense itAll that I've said, I meant it, I meant it
AndI can't belive, how much I've wated my time
In just 8 hoursThey'll be laying flowers on my lifeIt's over tonightI'm not messing, no,I need your blessing and your promise to live freePlease do it for me
In just 1 hourThey'll be laying flowers on my lifeIt's over tonightI'm not messing, no,I need your blessing and your promise to live freePlease do it for me...
With a plan in mind, Kagome banged a U-turn, nearly causing an accident, and speed back to her aunts house.
She ran up to her room with all the speed she could muster and threw down her school bag. she ripped it open and dumped everything onto her bed. Ripping open her closet she threw in numerous shirts, some cargos, panties, bras, socks, and her sais into the bag. Ao looked up at her from her spot next to Kagome's bed. It seemed that she didn't even aknowlege her ever since she walked in. Kagome looked around the room and finally sighed.
"Come Ao," she commanded sharply and opened the door for her. Before Ao could get out the door kagome reached down and swiped the collar off of her neck with her claws. Together they ran down the hall of the mansion and into her car. As she sped out of the driveway she wipped out her cell.
Kimi watched from her window as her neice raced to her car, her hanyou in the passenger seat. "And you were such a good aprentice too," Her lip twitched when she picked up her office phone to make a quick call.

Inuyasha was already a grumpy puppy. His friends were supposed to be here at 3:15, but Sango already called and said they were running about 20 minutes late. So now, here it is, almost 4pm, and the only person missing was the most important one: Kagome. Sango and Miroku said she was right behind them, and said that she might have stopped to get something to eat. Inuyasha let them continue with that theory. They didn't know Kagome like he did. The fact that she had been acting weird all day and that they were secretly dating, and that her aunt would kill Kagome if she found anything out scared him. Sometimes it made him want to stop seeing her for her own safety; he felt selfish that he was putting her in danger for his own sanity. But they made an agreement and both were going to keep it.
The clock sturck four when the vibrating of his cell phone inturrupted his thoughts and scared the shit out of him. Without looking at the caller ID her answered it.
"Inuyasha," it was Kagome, and she sounded scared and determined at the same time.
"Kagome? Where are you?"
"I'm on my way. Look, I need to just stay at your place for a while. I really don't think I can go home. I just can't right now."
"Y-yea, sure. What will your aunt say?" Kagome sighed with aggrivation.
"I don't know Yash, fuck her. I don't care anymore. I'll be there in 2 minutes." The line went dead, leaving Inuyasha feeling both opressed and angered, but like she said she arrived in about 2 minutes. She was still wearing her hood, but her face looked paler than ever. He wasn't sure if it was because it was now freezing outside and the rain was suddenly pouring or if it was from the onslaught of emotions he could sense pouring from her. What suprised him was the animal that followed her in. She was crisp black with stunningly blue eyes. It was to big to be your average dog, but yet wasn't sculpted quite right to be a wolf.
"That's Ao, she won't bite. Half wolf incase you were wondering." Kagome said casually as she rang out her hair. She had dropped her bag next to the couch and kicked off her shoes by the door so not to track mud. "Let's get started," she said without looking him in the eyes. Inuyasha looked carefully at Ao before following Kagome to the garage.
The practice had gone smoothly and Kagome nailed all of the notes on Haunted. She just wished that Inuyasha would've stopped smiling at her. If only he knew what she had to do. And just like that it all came back. She had been having such a good time during pratice, so much fun singing and hearing the blaring music, that she forgot about Kimi's hit up until now. The sorrow hit her double and she left back up the stairs and to the kitchen. She drink a glass of juice, trying to clear her aching head.
Subconsiously she traced the mark on her wrist from earlier. She reopened it without thinking, cutting deeper and deeper with each casual stroke.
"What the FUCK are you DOIN'?" She jumped when Inuyasha had came up behind her, smelling blood at first and then seeing it. She had been dripping onto the edge of the counter and then onto the floor.
"Nothing," she whispered. She didn't notice that her wrist and hand were numb.
"Bullshit Kagome, that don't look like nothing." he growled. He grabbed her wrist and his eyes widened as blood soaked his hand. "How long has this been going on?"
"Oh back off will you? I just did it, it's not serious-" his feral growl made her stop and look at him. He was livid and hurt all at the same time, so she just said it. "It's either you or me." He was taken aback at her comment. Fustrated, she growled out "She wants you dead Yash, I don't know if she found out or not but she gave me the assignment last night. So, it's either you or me. And theres no way it's gunna be you." There was a silence that seemed to go on for eternity. She couldn't look into his eyes any longer, not deeming herself worthy.
"And you think I want it to be you?
"Dosn't matter what you want this is just how it is. You've got a family Yash, friends, people who care. I'm no one, a fucking miraculously found orphan. For the longest time I was dead, a ghost, and that's how I need to be agian. Please understand. I want to spend the rest of my time with you."
"Your going to let her kill you?"
"No, just lay low for a while. But I'll have to go away to do that."
"When are you leaving?"
"I don't know," she lied. She just didn't want him to look for her. It would be harder than she ever thought to leave, but it had to be done.
"Why won't you let me help?" She almost cried at such a simple statement. She began to shake her head from side to side slowly.
"It's no good Yash. Kimi knew that I was something even before I did. There was no way that just because I was her neice that she wanted me. No, she knew I was a youkai from the day she saw me in the orphanege. She saw my spirit and thought I'd be a great assassin, but then when she saw how good I was she wanted me to run the company. That's why she's been taking me to all of her meetings. But, she made everything fool proof." By now Kagome was talking more to herself than to Inuyasha, who didn't complain. "She knew that because my mother was miko then I wasn't affected by all the weaknesses a demon would be, that's why she hasn't trained me on my youki yet."
"So when you killed Notega?"
"I didn't know I could do that...or that black fire, I didn't know any of it because she didn't want me to."
"It seems like she dosn't want you overthrowing her."
"Exactly, that's why she gave me all of her old trainers...she didn't want me to try and get greedy and disempower her."
"If you can't defeat her in the demon ways, why not miko?" Kagome looked up at Inuyasha, who was whipping the blood from her wrist with his fingers. She tried to pull her hand away but only made him growl and grab her forearm and get a paper towel to finish cleaning it.
"I don't have any miko powers."
"Is that what you know or is it what Kimi has made you think?" he asked her. "You never knew you were a demon until you fed your demon side."
"Trying to feed my miko side will kill me," she pointed out.
"Says who? Kagome, your not full demon, I don't even know if your half, cats are tricky. But none of you is human, I can tell you that. Miko's and Houshi's arn't considered human because they have powers, so they give off a different scent then regular humans. You've never given off a human scent, which puzzled me from the first time I've met you. Apparently, your panther blood allows you to hide it on command."
"Mikos can't hide their powers,"
"No, but they can stay dormant if the miko is untrained," he said, and watched as her wound reduced to nothing but a red line. He looked up at her sternly, almost making her want to shrink away in her selfconcious state. "I don't want to see that shit agian Kagome, you have a problem you come to me. But don't you dare hurt yourself, not while I'm alive and even after I'm dead, got that wench?" Kagome smiled at his formailties and pulled him into a passioante kiss which he gladly returned.

The week had gone by quickly doing the same routine every day. Go to school, go to practice, stay at Inuyashas, and do it all over agian. Kagome was actually having fun over Inuyasha's. She spent time with Emiko and Kiba, who got along with Ao most of the time, and Sesshomaru wasn't half bad himself. They treated her like family and welcomed her as soon as they heard that her aunt 'kicked her out'. But the weird thing was, Kimi hadn't called Kagome once all week, which was good to some extent. But then again it wasn't. Surly Kimi would have noticed, unless she was out at a meeting or something.
Battle of the Bands was Saturday, two full days away, and the Kyoushi Inus, as Rin had donned them, were in trouble. Kouga, who played the rythem gutair in all their songs, had to fly to Malaysia to go to a funeral, and wouldn't be back until next week. The only person who knew his parts were Sesshomaru, their bass player. That left Inuyasha to play bass, and Emiko to play lead. The three Taishos had to practice for hours each day to remember all of the notes while cursing Kouga for his abrupt departure to South East Asia...aka...the coner of no where. Sesshomaru knew Kouga's part already, and helped Inuyasha to get the bass. It was a cute site really, Inuyasha playing with Sesshomaru watching critcally. Kagome worked with Emiko some, who knew the song, but asked Kagome to sing a bit so that she didn't have to do two things at once (play and sing). But Friday night they were ready and practicing just the same.
They arrived at the school auditorium around 5pm to get their numbers. They were number 8 out of about 18, so they had time. They went on after Naraku's band, who were number 7. They all did their best to stay clear of him, fighting was automatic disquialifacation for a band since last year when Inuyasha and Naraku went at it and got caught.
For the hundreth time Kagome smoothed out her dress, actually Emiko's dress. Emiko had let her borrow the dress for the night since Kagome didn't want to use the credit card Kimi had given her..it was probably cut off anyway. She wore a black corset dress that stopped at the knees. The bottom was ripped up like rags and under it were frumpy layers that kept it slightly poofy, and she had calf-hieghted combat boots on her feet. She had long sleeves on under the dress, and it dipped to reveal some cleavlage. She wore a black chocker and black lipstick along with black eyeshadow and armwarmmers on both arms. On her left hand she had a fingerless glove, and numourus silver rings on her right hand. Her hair was combed so that the left side went behind her ear and the right fell over the side of her face. Now she was kind of glad that she let her bangs grow long.
Sango had her hair tied up in a high ponytail and had on pink eyeshadow with black eyeliner. Her lips were a hot pink to match her eyes, and she had silver chains wrapped around her neck. Leather armwarmmers stiched in hot pink adorned her arms along with numorus silver rings, and she wore a one sleeved shirt that had rips along the sleeves right side. Like Kagome she wore combats but had carogs on with endless pockets and chains. Like everything else on her, her pants had hot pink stiching. Emiko joked that Sango looked like an escaped warrior from Val-hollow.
Emiko wore a red corset laced in black, held together by large silver safty pins. She had on a chocker made of fake claws and red lipstick. For the night, she put red and black streaks in her silver hair and wore it out. She wore black cargos, accented in red, that had silver chains and pokets everywhere. Like Sangos, they were tight on the ass and loose on the legs, and were so long the army boots she were wearing could hardly be seen. Her belt had AK-47 bullet shells in it and on her bicep she had a black and silver braclet. Fishnet armwarmmers covered her arms and her claws had been painted red with black tips for the night.
Ayame wore a corset tank of deep green to accent her eyes, and a plaid mini skirt. Green eye shadow and black eyeliner was on her eyes and a deep green and black rose was tucked behind one ear. Her hair was still up as usual and she had on camoflauge armwarmmers, and knee high combats. Rin wore a deep blue shirt that would have been a dress if it wasn't ripped into rags at the bottom. Leather straps went all around it, across her chest and around her waist and ribs, and under that she was wearing black shorts. Knee high combat boots were on her feet, making her atleast 2 inches taller (as she so proudly admitted) and black stockings that came up to her thighs. She wore black eyeliner and mascara with deep blue eyeshadow. Around both upper arms and wrists were black leather bracelets that had deep blue rags hanging from them.
The boys wern't as big on clothes as the girls were. They wore simple black tees and cargos. Inuyasha's shirt was sleevless and he had a leather strap around his bicep, and Miroku wore his usual purple armwarmmer.
"Will you stop that!" Inuyasha growled out. For the two-hundreth time Kagome sighed. She looked back at him defiently and did it agian. He snarled and pulled her into his arms. Before he could kiss her, two fingers rapped him on the back of the head. "Ow, what the fuck!" He turned to see his cousin glaring at him harshly.
"It took me 3 hours to do everyone's make up, and I swear by Kami-sama if you mess up even the slightest bit of anyone's I will castrate you!" she growled. Not wanting to look shunned by his cousin Inuyasha let Kagome go and flipped Emiko off, quickly putting his hand down after Emiko's attempt to grab it. The girl sighed and paced.
"Calm down, isn't it my job to do that?" Kagome offered. Emiko giggled.
"Sorry hun, it's just, I really hope we don't make it to the second round." Kagome gasped.
"Emiko!" she was only toying with the girl though. She recalled it two nights ago when Emiko told Kagome her fear of singing again. Inuyasha had asked her to sing instead of tricking her, probably finding it to cruel also. "Look," she said in a softer tone "you'll do just fine. Huyana wants to hear you sing, you know he does." Emiko nodded and took a deep breath. She then smiled softly at Kagome.
"Thanks," she said, as Naraku's band finished 'Remedy' by Seether. "Eugh, I don't think I'll ever listen to that song agian." The lights came back on and they left the stage. As Naraku walked confidently towards them, he looked Kagome up and down before putting his index finger and middle finger in a V shape on the corners of his lips and wiggling his tounge between them, showing his tounge peircing. Kagome and Emiko glanced at eachother before bending over an making gagging sounds.
"Number 8, the Kyoushi Inus preforming Evanescence." The announcer called. The band walked out together and to their instuments, the girls earning a few cat calls here and their. Comments were made but with a few growls from 3 silver haired boys, two on stage and one in the crowd, they were all silenced very quickly. Miroku in the back on the drums, Sesshomaru on the left and in front of him with Inuyasha on the other side of him. Rin was next to Inuyasha and Sango and Ayame next to Sesshomaru. Kagome was in front of them all with Emiko slightly off to the side. Once they were set and the crowd was quiet, Kagome turned to Rin and gave her a nod. Rin started the beeps and Emiko entered with the chugging gutair.
"Long lost words whisper slowly to me,Still can't find what keeps me here.When all this time I've been so hollow, inside," she sang. The music paused for Rin.
"I know you're still there" Sango and Ayame came softly. The three girls sang the chorus over Emiko and Inuyasha, Sesshomaru occasionally sturmming a note.
"Watching me, wanting me,I can feel you pull me down.Fearing you, loving you,I know I'll find you somehow."
There was a pause and Kagome waited for Rin. Miroku, and Emiko to start agian before she went on alone.
"Hunting you I can smell you - alive.Your heart pounding in my head."
"Calling me, killing me,I won't let you pull me down.Saving me, raping me,Watching me!"
Kagome looked over to Emiko as she did the solo. Her red, black, and silver hair fell over her shoulder and swung back around her back as she moved. Her eyes were shut tight and the audience roared with approval. Sango and Ayame sang softly under her and she saw the judges whisper something and smile and write something down.
Sango, Rin and Kagome then sang agian, "Watching me, wanting me,I can feel you pull me down.Fearing you, loving you,I won't let you pull me down!" They finished.
With one last beep from Rin the crowd went wild. She put the mic back on the X that was taped to the floor and was nearly knocked over when Emiko barged into her. They left the stage with bigger egos from when they went on, and had a small celebration of their own.
"You did great," Inuyasha praised her and kissed her on the forehead, heading Emiko's warning about their makeup.
"Thanks," she blushed.

As they sat and waited for the rest of the bands, Kagome went to the bathroom with the rest of the girls to check their makeup and make sure their clothes were still right. As much as Kagome loved the way she looked, the clothes were rather uncomfortable. Her corset rode up on her and pushed her breasts high if she tied it to tight, and if it was loose then it would twist. For the forth time Rin announced she had a wedgie, and Sango kept rearanging the chains wrapped around her neck and grumbled something about sex slaves, causing everyone to burst out laughing.
The girls then had started to laugh and talk, but Kagome realized that she was out of place once more. She wasn't a normal teenager...she killed people. Normal teens don't do that. They joke about all the time, but how many did it and liked it? Or were paid for it? She left the bathroom unnoticed and went for a walk around the school, trying to clear her head. She strolled down B2nd, the main hallway, wondering how the school would gossip if she ended up dead, or if she just disappeared. She walked out of the school and sat on the railing of the stairs. The sky was still light and the moon was begining to show.
'Could I really kill myself if I tried? Would I let go?' she asked herself. 'Could I leave Inuyasha? And Sesshomaru? And Emiko and Huyana, and Rin...I'd never get to see Sango and Miroku's perverted kids, or Rin and Sesshomaru's mutiple personality kids. Or Huyana and Emiko's wedding...What am I saying? How do I know they'll be together that long?'
'Because they have faith in their relationships, and so should you.'
'Okay, your always saying the bad stuff that's going to happen. What's with the goodness all of the sudden?'
'Change of heart.'
'More like change of emotion.'
"Great, I'm talking to myself," she laughed. She stopped laughing when she sensed something, something very similar to a rabbit...silent, and waiting to take off...metal...GUN! Kagome jumped off the railing and ran back into the building as a black blur. She didn't stop until she hit the auditorum back door and ran inside. She shut it and panted hard, more from adrinaline then weariness.
"Kagome, what the hell happened?" She looked up. Sesshomaru had been sitting by the door, away from the rest of the band, who were by the curtian chatting. He looked down at her, expecting an answer.
"T-they didn't say anything over the intercom?" she asked, feigning surpirse.
"No,"
"Oh, I thought they said something and I was missing it. Gomen." Kagome made up an excuse. She didn't want to tell Seshsomaru she sensed a gun outside, one that was coaked and loaded. Someone was holding it also, someone who was intent on using it soon, she could tell. It was like something was staring at her, waiting for her to look away before it could pounce. She sat next to Sesshomaru, glad for his quiet nature, and watched the band talk. Maybe she could get used to this, her watching from afar as her friends continued their lives. She'd be like the monster in the closet though, with all that dried blood on her hands, trying to redeem herself.
"You hate me, don't you?" Kagome asked. Sesshomaru looked down at her, his thin eyebrows stiched.
"If I did then I wouldn't put up with you, trust me, I don't hate you." This didn't ease the young assassin.
"But you hate what I do." There was a pause.
"I do not approve of your choosen occupation, if that is what your asking." Kagome nodded,
"Yes, that was what I was asking. Gomen nasai Sesshomaru-kun, for any stress I have put you through."
"I assure you Kagome, you have not-" Kagome shook her head still.
"Yash told me that it would be akward for me to be around you guys...since your parents were...you know, assassinated. Mine were too, but I atleast found my parents killer. But I promise I don't kill anymore. I've left my aunts bussiness."
"You can not apoligize for the things fate has done. And as far as leaving your aunts bussiness, you might want to be careful. That bussiness isn't easy to quit." Kagome nodded and the two of them stayed silent for a long time.

They waited about an hour for the rest of the bands, and then 30 more minutes for the judges desicion. It was around 6:50 and they were at the snack table backstage when it was announced that Naraku's band, their band, and another band had made it to the finals. Their had been one other but they dropped out for some reason.
"Unknown my ass," Ayame had mumbled after the commentary had went off. Naraku's band went on stage first.
"Seether dosn't have any songs that would be counted as slow, so what the hell is he up to?" Emiko asked.
"I have no-ow!" Kagome growled. She had been standing next to the curtain when someone bumped into her.
"Watch it you vampire bitch," Kagome stood gaping. Did Kikyou just call her a vampire bitch? She didn't even know what she was doing when she cracked her knuckles and almost stomped out of the stage. Inuyasha managed to grab her before she did and got them disquailified.
"Chill out Kags, she's just trying to piss you off so you do something stupid!"
"He's right, kick her ass after the show, that way they can't take our trophy away, dam slut. Does she know that her tits are hanging out?" Emiko growled as she threw out her empty cup.
"Leather skirts arn't really her style either," Sango added with a shiver.
"Talk about cottage cheese, you can seel her legs to a Dunkin Dounuts and they'll be supplied for months!"Rin muttered, making Sango burst out laughing.
"That bitch better fucking run after this, stupid Kinky-hoe preppy ass-"
"Shh!" Kagome looked up and growled at Inuyasha. Did he just shush her?
"What the deal?" she growled. First she can't kick her ass and now Inuyasha was shushing her?
"I want to hear what song their doing if you don't mind!" he argued. Kagome humfped and stayed quiet, mumbling something about pissy hanyous.
Naraku lightly stummed the gutair, and the rythem sounded familiar to Emiko. "Fuck! Yash, can Kinky-hoe sing?"
"I don't know, she's never mentioned it to me." he said. "Why?"
"Because that's 'Broken', with Seether and Amy Lee! Hello! What world are you living in?"
"Well sorry I don't listen to Seether that much-"
"SHH!" Kagome threw him a coacky smile much like his own when he looked at her with the same face she was wearing a few moments ago.
"I wanted you to know that I love the way you laugh.I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away.I keep your photograph and I know it serves me well.I wanna hold you high and steal your pain." Naraku sang. Emiko sniggered, Naraku was a bitch. His singing was kind of feminine, just like the rest of him.
"For a creepy little bastard his pretty good," Ayame commented, earning a growl form her band members.
"‘Cause I’m broken when I’m lonesomeAnd I don’t feel light when you’re gone away." Kikyou sang softly with him.
"You got away,You don't feel me here,Anymore."
A few people in the crowd sang with them, and then went slient when Kikyou continued.
"The worst is over now, and we can breathe again.I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away.There’s so much left to learn, and no one left to fight.I wanna hold you high and steal your pain."
"YES!" Emiko screamed backstage. Kikyou had fucked up. She had squeaked when she sang 'and no one left to fight'. They would definetly be marked down for that. The girl threw a glare towards them as she continued with a aggrivated looking Naraku.
"‘Cause I’m broken when I’m open.And I don’t feel like I am strong enough.‘Cause I’m broken when I’m lonesome.And I don’t feel right when you’re gone away."
Naraku did a small solo with the drums and continued,
"‘Cause I’m broken when I’m open.And I don’t feel like I am strong enough.‘Cause I’m broken when I’m lonesome.And I don’t feel light when you’re gone away."
There was another pause for gutair.
"‘Cause I’m broken when I’m lonesome.And I don’t feel light when you’re gone away.You got away,And you don't feel me here, anymore." The gutair continued and the crowd clapped, some whistled. Most of them were Naraku and Kikyou's friends anyway.
They were called onto stage and Emiko's heart was going one million miles a minute. The crowd went wild as she touched the mic, she saw a lot of familiar faces from past competitions. The formation was the same, only that one gutair was needed in this song. She turned and nodded to Rin who started the sound effects. Sango began a light sighing and humming, and Ayame whispered eriely:
"Can you stop to fight her?Can you stand to fight her?You can't stop to fight her,You won't say the words."
"Please, please,"
Sango chanted over and over.
Emiko started quietly, breaking eye contact with Huyana in the front row.
"Please, please forgive me,But I won't be home agian.Maybe someday you'll look up,And barley concious, you'll say to no one:Isn't something missing?You won't cry for my absense, I know.You forgot me long ago.Am I that unimportant?Am I so insignificant?"
"Isn't someone missing me?"
Sango sang.
"Even though I'm the sacrifice,You won't try for me, not now!Though I'm dying to know you love me,I'm all alone.Isn't someone missing me?" Miroku and Inuyasha played softly and Sango and Ayame began their chants.
"Can you stop tofire her?Can you stand to fire her?You can't stop to fire her,You won't say the words." Ayame whispered, and Emiko sang after her. Tears began to pile themselves on her bottom eyelid. She feigned wiping her face with her hand, but used her fingertip to catch the tears, and then thanked Kami she used water proof makeup. She could only hope that Huyana didn't see her crying.
"Please, please, forgive me,But I won't be home agian.I know what you do to yourself.I breathe deep and cry out,"
"Isn't something missing?"
"Even though I'd be sacrificed,You won't try for me, not now!Though I'm dying to know you love me,I'm all alone.Isn't someone missing me?"
She breathed out and tried to calm the flow of tears. She forgot how serene she could feel while singing, and how much it reminded her of her mother. She took a peek at the fox boy sitting in the front row. He was staring at her in awe and admiration, causing her to blush and close her eyes agian.
"Can you stop to fight her?Can you stand to fight her?You can't stop to fight her?You won't say the words."
"Can you stop tofire her?Can you stand to fire her?You can't stop to fire her?You won't say the words."
"Can you stop to fight her?Can you stand to fight her?You can't stop to fight her?You won't say the words."
"Can you stop to fire her?Can you stand to fire her?You can't stop to fire her?You won't say the words."
Emiko opened her eyes to see the crowd lit with lighters. They must have been waving them with her singing, and even more tears came to her eyes. She backed away from the mic and cursed. Not waiting for anyone else she walked off stage and was crying by the time she got to the curtain. The first one she collided with was the one she cried into.Sesshomaru had to catch her before she fell so that she could cry silently with her eyes closed. Huyana appeared at the doorway to back stage and saw the scence,Sesshomaru looked up at him helplessly and he took her into his arms. He sat her in his lap as the announcer said it was going to be atleast 10 minutes before the winner was announced.
"It's not that I was thinking of Kigai really, just how carefree I could be back then." she said as she whipped the tears from her cheeks.
"What do you mean?" he asked her while rocking her in his lap.
"We could have so much fun...doing simple stuff, little stuff. I wish it could just go back to that. It's like I lost someone inside me. Someone that I don't realize until I'm crying." 'Kami I miss you okka,' she thought to herself.
"It's called innocence. And no, you havn't lost it...well...then agian," Emiko began to chuckle at Huyana's hentai antics. She kissed him on the lips and laughed at the red lipstick that was now on him.
"Wow, you could be a pretty sexy geisha." she smirked. He scowled and tried to wipe it off. "No, see that's no good. Lick it then wipe." He did as she instructed and glared at her after his hand had turned red from the lipstick.
Naraku and Inuyasha's bands had made it to the last round. Naraku did 'Driven Under' and Kagome preformed 'Going Under' with perfection. They waited for the results once more, and were releaved when they were called to the stage. The crowd went wild, louder by far than what Naraku's band got. They had won, and got to go on tour with KoRn.
As they were sharing hugs and screaming backstage, Kagome went over to Inuyasha. "I have to go home and grab a few things, please? Just really quick." Inuyasha nodded and annouced that he was taking Kagome home and would meet them later at WacDonalds or something.

Kagome jumped into Inuyasha's drivers seat, kissing him and telling him she would be careful as he reluctantly got into the passengers seat. It was suprsied at how good she was handling his car, most people said that Ferarris had difficult handling because the steering wheel was hard to turn. He made a mental note to tell her how much seeing her driving like this turned him on...then agian...what didn't turn him on about her?
Kagome backed up to the curve, a full block from the masion gates. "Stay here," she commanded.
"Blow me, I'm going in to."
"Maybe I will if you just stay here!" she was willing to say anything if he just stayed in the car and out of danger. She wasn't sure if someone was tailing them or not, and the feelings she got earlier were not helping any.
"No way wench." he got out the car to prove his point. Kagome sighed.
"I don't have time for this. You get killed, don't haunt me, alright?" she asked. It would have been a cold repsonse if her voice didn't shake at the end.
Using her demon speed she ran up the sloping lawn and around the gaurds. She never told Kimi that her gaurds had a flaw, they were lazy fucks. They stood in one spot and didn't move until their shift was over or they got bored. She went around back towards the dojo to the sun roof. With her claws she cut the glass and conentrated. She felt the burning breath in her throat and breathed the black mist out slowly. It melted the detection field on the glass, allowing her to move it and jump through, Inuyasha right behind her. Stealthly, she went to the door and listened. No one was out there.
"Stay right behind me," she instructed, her face all bussiness. He nodded, not wanting to argue with her now, he had never seen her so serious.
She opened the door and ran on the balls of her feet silently to the stairs. She heard Inuyasha right behind her and continued the scale the large staircase in about 2 bounds and to her room. She flicked on the light to see her room made and neat, much neater from when she left. She took her pillowcase form her pillow and went under her nightstand. She grabbed a small box full of pictures and a necklace. Quickly, she untied the corset and threw the dress over her head, leaving her in her under clothes. She grabbed the nearest thing to her, some jeans and a tank, while keeping on her combat boots and threw the dress to Inuyasha. She took 2 small daggers and looked at him and nodded. They dashed back out and were at the bottom of the staircase when something barged into her, knocking her back and Inuyasha into the back of her. When she recomposed herself she saw that it was Kimi, all her traits revealed.
"Kimi-" Kagome was cut off when she began to laugh, chilling her to the bone.
"Kill him now Kagome, I won't tell you again." Kagome gapped at her, and then closed her mouth with a determined face.
"No. I won't kill anymore Kimi. Not for you or anyone." Kimi sighed.
"Oh Kagome, Kagome. I hoped it wouldn't come to this. I don't want to kill you, you show so much promise. Until this scum came into your life you were the perfect-"
"Asassin? Monster? I can't do this Kimi, I don't care about that promise anymore, I'm not tainting myself anymore!"
"You should have thought of that before you assosiated yourself with that filth! Look at you, your letting your emotion getting to your better judgment. What? Are you going to cry?" Kagome looked Kimi defiently in her eyes, her own burning. She urged the blood in her veins to come forth. To protect what's hers and to kill her enemys. Was that thunder coming from her?
Her vision got sharper, her hearing more acute, and her nails and teeth turned to claws and fangs. "Your going to try and defeat me? I trained you! And the other people who trained you trained me. So what threat are you to me?"
"I don't know, you tell me." Kagome said slyly. Kimi's eyebrow twitched, a dangerous sign, but a good one for Kagome at the moment. "We are assassins, are we not Kimi? Why on earth would you want me trained by people who are dam near twice your age? Why not choose someone younger? Stronger, faster, and harder? Because you didn't want me to. You never wanted me to overpower you in anything. You want me to stay under you, for fear of being overpowered. What is it about me that scares you so much dear aunt? Is it because I'm younger, and physcially fit? Or because I can harness the miko powers of my chinese grandmother?"
Kagome didn't know who was saying the words that were coming from her mouth, but she knew that they were hitting Kimi in all the right places. She looked bristled and ready to lunge.
"That stinking whore? You think that I really care about her powers?" Kimi spat. Kagome had to school her face so that she didn't show any fear. "You think I care about your precious mothers powers? Please. She was weak, which is why she perished." By now Kagome and Kimi were circling eachother, looking for an opening. Both women looked absoulutly feral with their golden eyes and pointed ears to the hanyou who was sitting along the stairs, to shocked to say anything. His youkai told him to get in there and destroy the threat, but his human told him that this was one threat that he should leave to Kagome.
"How dare you say that! You don't even know what happened!" Kagome roared. Kimi began to laugh a cold, mocking chuckle that made her blood boil. She lunged and missed and rolled to her feet. She was hot, oh so hot, and her body felt light and sleek. Her hands became fatter but stronger, and she could feel the soles of her feet harden.
"I don't know?" Kimi looked taken aback for a second before she doubled over in cold laughter. Kagome growled, making her look up smoothly. "Dear child, you really are retarded. I thought by now you would have figured it out? I mean, all that time that I've left on bussiness you've never went into my office? Never snooped? Never curious? Never got to know the enemy? I thought I taught you better than that, trust no one. If you had headed my words, thenyou would have found that your fathers taunto was in my drawer." Kagome looked confused and grounded out lowly.
"What?"
"Viper killed your parents you fucking idiot. I sent her to, and wanted something to remeber my victory by. Your mother ratted me out and nearly destoryed me all those years ago, so I sent Viper and Carmen after her and her beloved husband when they went on their 'protrol'. Those idiots didn't even realize that I was the one who sent them to Mongolia in the first place. Nothing a little hacking couldn't fix. It was the only place that wouldn't allow japanese forces to investagate."
"I knew it!" Kagome yelled, not noticing the elongation in her spine. "Notega said that 'none of those Higurashi's tried to bust him' when I named them. That, and he dosn't have extentions to Mongolia. You scheming bitch!" Kagome meant to lunge, but her feet never left the ground. Inuyasha had snapped out of what ever stupour he had been in and grabbed her around the waist.
"Her claws are glowing, she'd dice you before you'd get within five feet of her. Just wait." He whispered hurridly.
"Oh, being saved by the hanyou now are we? Your pathetic. I only kept you because you did show promise. The kind of burning hatred that I could use, and now? No more. You went soft on me, all thanks to him. So you might want to thank him for your death!" She snarled. With speed that Kagome wasn't sure she could even keep up with she appeared in front of the two of them and slashed. Inuyasha pulled them both back and out of harms way. Grabbing the dress and the bag Kagome had dropped when she fell, he ran back around the stairs and towards the dojo. With all the power he could muster from his blood he pushed off from the floor and through the roof a full 30 feet over head and slid down the side and landed onto the soft grass with a roll. He gritted his teeth from the shock of landing and let Kagome down. She picked up the dress and took off, not looking back.
She ran straight to the car and jumped into the drivers seat. Inuyasha was barley in the car before she slammed on the gas and peeled off the curve. There was no way they could go back to Inuyasha's house now, not tonight. They would have to ditch the car and take off on foot atleast until they knew they wern't being tailed.
Miroku's house happened to be the closest from where they were. Due to the situation she found it nessessary to drive on the lawn around back to hid the car under a large oak tree. The occupants got out, taking everything but the dress, and ran at full speed to the east, and towards Tokyo public park. They ran into the small but full patch of woods that the park had offered and rested. Neither one said a word, but gathered in eachothers arms and quickly fell into a light sleep after listening to their surroundings for about an hour.

He sat in the car a silenty waited. The tinted windows kept the light out and his face from being revealed as he watched the couple across the street. Loud metal music blasted through the air, and quickly the boy picked it up.
"Do it," a smooth voice wafted throught the air peice. He hung up the phone and stepped out of the car. He got out the car slowly and extracted a tiny silver star.

Emiko laughed as she and Huyana plopped down onto the grass. They had left the others about 30 minutes ago, seeing as everyone else wanted to go to a small skate park for a late BMX and skater meet. Emiko hated going there at night since the flood lights they use to light the place attraced massive amounts of bugs and put spots in her eyes. They were now sitting across the street from WacDonalds and had just finished their meal.
"Did I tell you you did great tonight?" Emiko blushed and smiled.
"Like 3 times already but thank you agian."
"You forgot your thank you kiss," he reminded her. Emiko giggled and gave him a peak on the lips, but he quickly grabbed her hair and pulled her in for more. She let out a moan and broke the kiss. "Did I tell you how sexy you look in that top?" Emiko gave a lopsided grin. The top was consticting to say the least and pushed her breasts up high.
"I'm not giving you a kiss for that," she purred, and he pouted at her words. "on the lips anway," she kissed his neck and moved the collar of his black tee with her index finger and kissed as far as the shirt would allow. Huyana looked down at her red and black nails and licked his lips.
"Dam I've gotta get you to wear red more often," he purred. Emiko giggled and sucked on his pulse. He laid back and was begining to get labored breathing when Emiko tensed and stopped suddenly. It wasn't a 'I'm scared' tense, no, more of a danger tense. He dropped from his arousal quickly and looked around.
"What is it?" he asked her. Suddenly she threw her hands up, and they started to gleam in silver along with her eyes. A force field appeared around them in a circle just time time to deflect tiny black blurs that came flying at them. "What the-" Huyana growled. Everytime one of the blurs would hit the shield Emiko would wince in pain. On the forth one she could no longer hold the shield up and tore her arms down, as if she had been holding one thousand pounds over her head.
"We have to move-" she panted, but a wet thud right before a grunt made her turn around. Huyana's face was in pure shock as he felt something embed itself in his back. He didn't know what it was, only that it threatened Emiko, therefore, threw himself behind her.
"Hu..." Emiko trailed off. He fell and coughed up blood. Tears fell from her eyes and she forgot her pain. She reached for him and saw the 3 points of a throwing star protruded from his back, dangerously close to his spine. She put her hands under him and on his chest and shoulders in attept to lift him up. "Get up," she barked, fear starting to become more and apparent. She felt his pulse and it was slowly weakining. She reached for the star and pulled it out, then tore the bottom of his shirt to apply pressure to the wound. Her breathing quickend and her eyes bleed. She looked into the direction of the stars. Someone was going to pay. She heeved him over her shoulder and into the car. Her hands glowed silver and her eyes purple. Her hair became wavy but stayed silver, and her arua pulsed with every breath. Huyana was not going to die, she thought in her oddly cool head.
Kigai, I need your help now...
Translations:
Kyoushi Inus-
insane dogs...sorry, couldn't think of any other names
And about the SEA (south east asia for the slow ones) crack, I'm SEA myself, so I hope no one took offence to that. I love Malaysia, but to a rocker who had a compition in Japan and one of your guitarists left, I'd be pissed and calling anything everything.
About 'Missing'. I know that there's like 5 million different versions out there, but this is the one I've downloaded. I've never heard the one with the bridge in it, so thats not the one I'm going to write, comprende? And Amy Lee is actually saying 'You can't stop to fight her' and 'You can't stop the fire' at the same time, but I obviously can't write it that way so I switched it off.
And, even though other people might have used it, I personally got the nick name "Kinky-hoe" for Kikyou from my friend Kat, and the nickname Emmy-chan, since that's what she calls me. There Kat, I did it!