InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tensai of the Ookami-Inu ❯ Demon Rave ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tensai of the Ookami-Inu
By Dog-Demon-Emiko
Chapter 18: Demon Rave
She swerved to the left, spotting him, then picked up speed. She was now going 75mph down a main street, dodgeing cars and ignoring the horns and curses they sent after her. She didn't care who she hit, or who got in her way, Huyana was hurt and this guy was going to pay. She had spotted the car driving off suspisously slow as she pulled out of the resturant parking lot and pulled up next to him at a red light. The creepiest smile cracked its way across his face, and he blew a kiss to her before speeding off. Emiko growled a clap of thunder and sped after him, not waiting for the green light, leading her up to where she was now.
They were now speeding up a spiraling parking garage as fast as they could. Emiko tried her hardest to take the turns easy, not wanting to damage Huyana even more. Something inside of her was screaming to turn the car around and take him somewhere where he could rest and be safe, but the urge to destroy her enemy was to great.
They had reached the roof of the garage, and the half filled moon shined overhead. Emiko stopped the car next to the entrance/exit and looked at her opponent.She watched as his door opened and he stood halfway out the car. With a growl she reached for her own doorknob.
"Emiko," Huyana said softly behind her. Her head whipped around and the anger vanished from her face. She looked down at him with her violent reddish purple eyes and smiled softly.
"Shh," she crooned. "Rest. Your injured."
"No shit," Huyana growled. Emiko's smile did not waver. Huyana looked her closley in the face. Emiko obviously wans't herself. It looked like she waslooking right through him,like she was focusing on something of a different time. He growled, she was thinking of the past, and he refused to let his wounds remind her of such a dark time. "Emiko, don't go out there. Let's just go home." She looked taken aback.
"No! He attacked us! Now stay here!" she growled. She quickly got out the car to face their attacker. Huyana moved to grab her but pain shot through his back. He moved to open his door and found it spelled shut.
"Emiko!" he yelled from inside the car. He pounded on the door and watched as she walked right into danger. Her wavy silver hair flowed around her like a halo, and her painted red and black claws hada silver glow to them. Her walk went from fluid and graceful to meaningful and angry.
"NARAKU!" She screamed. The said person stepped fully out of his car and walked away from it, arms open as if they were relitives who hadn't met in a long time.
"Emiko Taisho. How are you?"
"Cut the shit you little fruity bastard, what the fuck do you want?"
"Why do I always have to want something Emiko?" He asked, pushing her buttons. She was already holding herself back from killing him.
"Why else attack us?" Naraku shrugged.
"I have an offer." Emiko growled. "Would you like to hear it or no?" She huffed, and he continued. "The star in your dear lover's back was tipped with venom, one that will kill him within the hour." Her eyes went wide and she crouched slightly, ready to attack. "He will die if you do not accept my offer. Then agian, if we continue to waste time then he will die anyway."
Huyana hard it all with his demon hearing even though they were about 30 feet away. He knew that as far as the poison went, Naraku wasn't lieing. He could feel the venom work its way through his veins, weakening him and dulling his vision. But he could also see how torn Emiko was to accept this descision. She was willing to do anything to help him, but an 'offer' from Naraku was nothing but trouble.
"Go on," she hissed, disgraced at herself.
"Good girl. Now, I have a friend who no longer has an heir. She needs an heir to her corp and was wondering if you were possibly interested."
"It's not that simple Naraku, what's the catch?"
"That your fox will die if you don't accept."
"That's not the catch, that was just to get my attention. So stop fucking with me and spit out whatever your trying to say."
"Your a smart puppy arn't you?" He mocked. Emiko growled louder, warning him, and he became slightly more serious. "All she needs is an heir-"
"Who is she?"
"Higurashi, Kimi." There was a pause.
"Where's Kagome?" she asked, all kinds of thoughts running through her mind. Is she okay? What about Inuyasha?
"That's none of your concern, but your fox is, unless you want him to die." Emiko growled loudly, torn. "Try to kill me and your fox is dead anyway."
"What has to be done?" Naraku smirked.
"Sign some things, that's all."
"I ain't signing shit!" Emiko yelled. "Fuck you Naraku!" Emiko for the most part didn't know what happened. All she knew was that countless demons appeared on the ledges surrounding the lot. Most of them were already transformed, some of them wern't. They took the forms of homeless people and bussiness men, all growling and snarling at the minute and closing in on her. Two of the demons made her gasp, Kaguya and Kagura weresitting on the ledge next to the other demons. She got into a defensive stance and watched as Naraku walked smoothly over to her car.
"NO!" she screamed, as she saw him pull out a gun. He was going to kill Huyana anyway, by the same thing that killed Kigai. She jumped straight in the air, and so did the wall of demons. At random they dived at her, trying to knock her down and pin her. She slashed at some, used her whip for some more, and dodged the rest. But in the end, a spider demoness shot a web at her, knocking her to the ground and limiting her movment. She winced as the sticky substance burned her skin. A grunt caught her attention. Naraku got up from the ground and growled at Huyana, who was leaning heavily agianst the car. He raised the gun, shot, and missed. He shot agian, and Emiko heard the bullet embed itself within her lover. Tears came from her eyes as Naraku went out of her vision and came back a minute later, dragging her fox towards her, a trail of blood behind him. He turned to face her, a smirk on his face.
"You lose. Kaguya," he commanded. The erie girl held up a mirror, a sick smirk on her face. She began to chant and Emiko felt a pulse boom through her body. She felt as is she was getting sick, her mouth was dry and her head hot and pounding. She groaned in the agony, and the only thing she had come to hear were the sorceresses chants. She felt her blood speed up and then the most horrible pain she ever felt in her life ripped though her body. An ear piercing scream tore through her throat, and then she saw black.
Huyana was barley consious, and was steadily loosing more. Naraku had shot him through his stomace, missing any main artiries but ripping through a lot of muscle and causing a lot of pain. He nearly gave into the darkness, hoping it would stop the pain when a groan reached his ears. He opened his eyes to see the love of his life on the ground in a feal position under a spiders web. Her arua was pulsing in a manor that he had never felt before, and power began to roll off her in waves. She suddenly screamed, so loud and terrified that his blood boiled. No one caused harm and fear in his mate, no one.
With all the strength he could muster he tried to stand. He pushed himself up off the ground and his vision turned red. A blinding light erupted from inside the cirlce of demons, and ended as soon as it began. What he saw threw off his transformation completly. Lying on her side, was Emiko. Her hair was black and wavy, and a magical and calming essence poured from her. Lying next to her, was a demon with silver hair, pointed ears on the sides of her head, and jagged purple stripes on her face and wrists. Kaguya had spilt Emiko into two.
The sorceress herself looked up to Naraku. "She was to strongto be sucked intothe mirror," she said darkly. Naraku pursed his lips and took something out of his poket. He placed a black bead rosary around the sorceress Emiko's neck and stood back.
"Awaken," he barked. On command she looked up, her deep blue eyes foggy with illrecodnition. She stood slowly and looked Naraku in the eye. "My father will be proud to have you," he smirked. A light growling caught everyone's attention, and the demoness on the ground looked up. She sniffed the air and looked over to the wounded Huyana. A growl ripped from her throat and her blood red eyes fixed on Naraku. "Kill her." he commanded to the rest of the demons.
Huyana had never once seen a scene like this in his life. About 100 demons all met their doom at her claws. She lost the calculation, the intelligence, the grace, to become a monster who devoted herself to killing. She thrust her hand through ones abdomen to pull it out and decapitate another one. She was fighting like a wild beast who finally got loose from its cage, and he could do nothing about it because his muscles were going numb.
The sorceress Emiko watched as the young fox fell over, his breathing hitched. Apart of her thought that she should be worried, but then agian, it was just another boy. Something made her continue watching however, she couldn't tear her eyes away from him. Was that worry etching its way through her bosom?
"What's wrong?" asked the woman next to her. Emiko looked over her short hair and crimson eyes. She could both see and feel the wind circling around woman.
"What about the boy?" Emiko asked, her voice cold. Kagura turned to regaurd him only for a second.
"He's nothing." she said. Emiko didn't fully belive her, but turned her head back to the fight in front of her anyway. A demoness was fighting ferociously in the middle. Blood soaked the ground and screams filled the air. Faintly she could see the purpleish barrier that surrounded the entire area, keeping in sound and smell.
She suddenly felt irratable and out of place. "What is the point of this? Don't you have better things to do then sit here and watch them kill eachother?"
"Silence, unless you want him to kill you too." Kaguya snapped. Emiko rolled her eyes.
"He's just a hanyou," she growled defiently. No one told her what to do. The said hanyou appeared in front of her, face contorted in a snarl.
"Watch what you say bitch,"
"I'm no one's bitch, bastard." she snarled.
"Your going to be if you don't watch your tounge!" That did it. Before any of them could have reacted Emiko summoned a ball of silver energy and slammed it into Naraku's chest. A scream tore from his throat as his clothes burned away and he was sent about about 25 feet. He stood with all the dignity he could muster and snarled, "Sleep."
The rosary around her neck glowed, making Emiko wince. She suddenly felt drowsy. She sent out a wave of power and smirked as she looked Naraku dead in the eye, hooked a finger around the necklace, and pulled, snapping it. The beads fell to the ground like rain droplets and only had one chance to bounce before she bewitched them. They flew in everywhich direction, some blasting through some of the demons and the rest flying at Naraku. One went in his back and the other through his stomache, matching the wounds of the fox lying on the ground. Something still told her to help him, but she didn't know what.
The demoness Emiko panted as she crouched on the ground. Blood...it was everywhere. It was on the ground, on her claws, on her clothes, in her hair, on her skin, everywhere. She didn't care though, none of it was hers. Slowly, as if she didn't know how, she walked over to the wounded fox. Her red vision assessed his mounds, the first one she spotted on his back. Gently she began to lick it clean, not caring about the sorceress who was currently battling a hanyou and two demonesses alone.
Once his back was clean she sniffed his body carefully. He was alive, but his scent was mixed which anger, blood, and toxin. She whimpered, knowing that due to the toxin, he wouldn't make it. She did the only thing she could have done, she howled, loud and desperate. The thin purple barrier shattered, and the sounds of her cries carried out into the night.

Rin was sitting on Sesshomaru's lap on a rock at the skate park. The flood lights had turned on and he didn't want to sit at the tables directly under them. Rin had rode a BMX bike for the last 35 minutes and was now less hyper from their win. Sesshomaru himself used to skate when he was younger, but then found it rather immature.
Sesshomaru felt Rin start to slack in his arms more than usual and saw that she was fighting sleep. He looked up to see Sango closet to him and grunted. She turned and he motioned to Rin. He got a wave of understanding in return. With Rin will clutching his chest he walked off to his car. It took some coaxing to get to to let go of him to put her in the passenger seat but he did it eventually and drove off. He was picking up Rin and taking her out the car when he heard a howl rip through the air. She picked her head up with furrowed eyebrows.
"Sessh, what was that?" she asked. Sesshomaru couldd have sworn that it was someone he knew, but it was to deep and feral to be anyone of his kin.
"Nothing, probably a wolf." he walked into her house and laid with her for about 3 minutes until she fell asleep. He had only been in the house a total of five minutes when he felt a presence outside. Going over to the window silently he saw a pair of eyes gleaming at him from the darkness of the surrouding bushes. Sesshomaru glanced to Rin for a second before pressing the power button on the TV, putting them in darkness. He stared out the window agian, hard to see nothing in the bushes. Pursing his lips in annoyance, he moved swiftly through the room and to the front door, quietly exiting, and let out a quick, low, and rumbling grunt. He listened carefully for a minute and got a yip in return.
Exiting from the bushes was an animal that was to large for a dog. She was brownish black with bright intelligent eyes that had an odd glow due to the moon.
'Mitsuko? Kigai...Emiko!' he figured. Whipping out his cell phone he called Inuyasha to get no answer. Growling, he hung up and dialed Miroku's number.
"Yo?"
"Monk, where is Inuyasha?" He looked around...the wolfess was gone.
"Ahh...I don't know. He never showed." Sesshomaru growled. "I'll check around though," Sesshomaru grunted and hung up. He couldn't leave Rin home alone, she hated being home alone, but she was to tired to come with him. Getting an idea, he went back inside and picked up his sleeping mate. He almost got worried when she didn't stur, but then remebered how much of a heavy sleeper she was.She was hard to put to sleep, and dangerous and difficult to awaken.
He sped off into the busy night, heading towards Tokyo Police Station.

Kagome couldn't sleep, she couldn't close her eyes. She felt like any second Kimi would burst though the bushes and kill her mercilessly. Inuyasha had his eyes closed and head down, resting. He seemed to have nothing to worry about. Kimi wanted her dead more than him.
The moon beaed down on them, and the wind sighed. The shadows danced and swayed in the moonlight with no worries. The park was empty and quiet, and an owl flew over head. She sampled the night air, loving its smell, but not for long. A scent came to her nose that made her go on alert. It was a feline, one with heavy predatory intent. She let a low growl ripple from her throat. Inuyasha's ears perked and his body tensed, he must've smelled it too.
At the same time they jumped straight up into the air, a black blur shooting through the spot they had just occupied. By the time they reached the branches and were steady, their attacker had regained its footing and sprinted back into the darkness.
"What the hell-"
"Shh!" she growled. Her cat eyes had spotted something odd about that cat. Her eyes were a rich maroon, showing that she wasn't full predator yet but would have been soon. That was a demon panthress, but it wasn't Kimi. There's more? "She was a panther demon..."
"She? Is it your aunt?"
"No, but if it was a male then I think Kimi would have married him by now. She hates the fact that the panther tribe is almost extinct." It was true, Kimi held a grunge agianst the Bobcat demons and Neko demons for their great numbers. She would just have to face it, the panthers were an ancient tirbe, and it was time for them to rest.
"Male or female its got something to do with Kimi. How often is it that you see a panther run around Tokyo?" Kagome growled. 'This is it,' she thought 'Kimi won't spare us, she'll hunt us down and kill us.'
"We have to go back,"
"What the hell would we do that for?" Kagome gave him an exasperated look.
"To get her before she gets us you pussy!" she growled, and jumped from the tree. Inuyasha watched as she streched leasurously and walked towards Miroku's house while delicatly sniffing the air.
"Did you just call me a pussy?" he growled, and ran after her.

They pulled up slowly and Kagome knew something was different. Cool tension hung heavily in the air and the gaurds were missing. She looked up to the camera posted on the entrance fence and strained her ears slightly. There was no frequency coming from it, it was off. This puzzled Kagome, as she looked over the lawn. The fountian in the front was off, and so were the lawn lights.
"You think she evacuated the place? Maybe she went to look for us?" Seeing the lights off and sensing the hostility inside the premises, she bristled.
"I doubt it," she growled. Steathly, she entered. She dodged all of the laser sensors and things, Inuyasha right behind her. Something didn't add up, why would she bother to lock the house down with all of the tactics that Kagome already knew? She knew where all the sensors were that triggered the guns and set off the alrams, she knew where the gaurds were posted, and where the cameras were. What did she have planned? Seeing no other way, she went though to the front door. It was...open? "Keep your senses open, somethings not right," The words had barley left her mouth when a spray of gunfinre made the doorway swiss cheese.Something inside Kagome prevented her from panicing, as she jumped all the way to the roof before diving headfirst to the floor. She slashed 3 gaurds on the way down, and Inuyasha knocked out the last one.
"Gun?" he offered.
"You keep it, you'll need it more than me." She continued, trying to follow her nose. Kimi's scent led stright up the stairs, past the floor with her room, to her office floor. Kagome went at a jog, anticipation bubbling in her heart. Inuyasha kept the gun down and tried to keep up while still having their back covered. Ruining their stealthy entrance, she bust down the door with a good roundhouse. Kimi sat on the window sill, looking out the window with a sad look of something like longing hunger.
"I hate to do this Kagome. You can still join me, I will give you this last chance." she said softly. "Fuck you Kimi," she growled. Before Kagome could react, the woman took a hand gun of her own out and shot off one. Kagome heard the metal hit flesh and Inuyasha's painful grunt. With a gasp, she turned to see him hit in the chest. She ran over to him and caught him before he hit the floor. Sensing movement behind her, she quickly checked his wound and saw that Kimi was off, she missed his lungs and heart and arteries. He would heal in a while. She picked up the gun and swung around. Kimi had to dodge in order to avoid the dangerously accurate shots of her neice. With crimson eyes and dialated pupils, the bullets were only centermeters away from her skin. She jumped over her desk and used brute strength to swing the rest of her body up, and then used her weight to land on the other side of the room.
'Eight,' she thought. Kagome had used all of her rounds. She had expected that in her rage the girl would have given her more threats and warnings. She was wrong, Kagome meant bussiness. Her face was in total anger when she tackled her. They fought for only a few minutes and both recived wounds that would heal in a few hours. Neither would give; this battle, both knew, would have to end in death. One of them, or even both of them, would have to die.
Kagome sped up her own breathing on purpose and expanded her throat. She pulled her head back just a little in a way that any other person would have think she was going to burp. But it wasn't gas that came from her mouth, but black mist. Kagome knew that her aunt was immune, so she only used it as a smoke screen so she could get her claws ready. The now glowing appendages twitched in anticipation. With her demon speed Kagome shouldered her aunt into her desk, knocking it over, and slashed. She missed, and the desksliced like butter. Kimi ducked to the left and roundhoused, hitting Kagome square in the jaw with a sick crack. Had she been anyone else she would have screamed, but she didn't. She only stood, and popped her jaw back over to the left, and growled. They circled eachother and lunged agian. Even though Kimi had slightly more control then her neice, Kagome had the fire and passion that made the battle worth while. Powers didn't work, so they fought hand to hand. With her demon so awake, Kagome's reflexes matched that of her aunts. They were equal in just about everyway. But then it just came down to weariness. Even though passion of the battle was important, it also made her tire faster than to someone who is controled.
Kagome had Kimi pinned to the ground, and in sheer desperation she wrapped her hands firmly around Kimi's throat, claws digging and all. Kimi grabbed her wrists and threw her off, ripping the claws right out of the skin, leaving the skin hanging off her neck. The assassin acted as if it were a minor cut and ignored it. But Kagome could see the weariness in her eyes.
Unexpectedly, Kimi threw her head back and let out a blood curling roar. Kagome elbowed her half way through in the throat, not knowing whos attention she was attracting with that call. Kimi was getting up and whiping the blood from her moouth when a rumbling growl echoed through the room. Inuyasha was on his feet and currently staring down the sorce of the noise. A large panther was in the hallway, tail swinging menecingly.
"Same bastard from the park," Inuyasha muttered. Kagome looked back to the demoness in front of her, who was currently wearing a coacky smile.
"Kill Inuyasha," she hissed.
"NO!" Kagome yelled. Her eyes were swirling with her rage and power. The demon cat still looked at the hanyou as if he was another meal.

Sango pulled up to the house slowly, taking in its lack of life. "Looks like no one's home."
"Or maybe their to busy to look like their home," Miroku thought with a knowing smirk. Sango growled and got out the car.
"Fucking lech." She strode up to the house silently and to the front door. The knob on the door wouldn't budge. She sighed and rang the bell.
"Excuse me dear woman," Miroku said polietly. Sango coaked her eyebrow at his antics and stepped aside. The monk tried the knob, and Sango sweatdropped.
"It's locked." he concluded.
"No shit, move over." She took a tiny blackish red boomerang from her pocket and looked carfully at the egde. She pinched a tiny peice and pulled. A tiny swiss knife came out the side, it's wood colored edge making it early invisable. She stuck it into the lock and tried to turn it. She huffed when it wouldn't budge. She looked over her own form before looking over Mirokus and smirked. She reached up to his ear and with a gentle yank she took his earring. "I'll give it back," she assured him. She stuck the tiny golden earring back into the hole and pushed up. The lock clicked and she turned it. With a triumphant smile she gave him back his earring.
"I suspect that's your favorite one?" Miroku said, gesturing to the boomerang she just stuck in her pocket as he put his earring back in.
"Nope, my favorite is Hiraikotsu," she said quietly.
"Does it have knives too?" he asked smugly, hoping to get her riled up. She surprised him when she spoke casually.
"Nope...just 6 feet tall with rather sharp wings. I don't hear anything, let's check upstairs." Miroku followed her like a dum puppy. He could imagine her with a 6 foot boomerang, the destruction she could do, and how sexy she'd look doing it.
They had reached the middle of the stairs when they saw the figure at the top. Kiba, standing in all his glory, was looking down at them expectantly.
"Oh shit," Miroku muttered. Kiba didn't really like men when Emiko was around. How would he like him when she wasn't? Just as he thought he was going to be akita chow the dog turned away from them and padded along the hall. Without a word Sango followed him, leaving him scrambling to catch up. Kiba led them along the hall to the stairs that led to the basement. They stopped right before they got to the garge and he clawed at the floor. Sango bent to investigate.
"It's a trap door," she said quietly. She pulled it up to see a dojo. The lights turned on when she flipped the switch, and blinked a few times before giging them a constant beam.
"What are we loking for?"
"I have no clue...start pushing the mirrors, maybe ther something behind them?" One by one they touched the mirrors on the wall. It was when they met in the middle when the mirror gave way.
The backround of the display itself was a deep maroon, and gold trimming lined the edges. Three swords sat on stands, two on either side of the thrid, which had a large ball at the end of the handle.
'Take them,' something whispered. Sango jumped, landing in the arms of Miroku.
"Whos' there?" he said seriously. The serious and demanding tone of voice he used sent shivers down her spine. There was slience, not even Kiba said anything from the doorway.
"Kiba?" Sang called unsure. There was no answer. The two teens glanced at eachother and quickly went to the case.Sango grabbed the two swords on the side, and Miroku went for the middle one. He yelped when he got a strong electric shock.
"What's wrong?" Sango asked, looking over her shoudler at him.
"The sword just shocked me!"
"It shocked you?" she asked, unclear. She handed him the two swords in her hands and went to the case. She reached in and grasped the case and pulled to find it wouldn't budge.
"Sango that sword has a demonic aura." Miroku said in his serious tone agian.
"That's probab;y why it shocked you, you have holy powers." Mirkou nodded and put one sword down. He took one halfway outt he seath to see shining steal gleaming at him, then check the other.
"What are you doing?"
"Making sure these are real." He pulled the second sword out the seath and saw it was rusted, chipped, and dull.
"That looks like it can't even cut paper!" Sango sighed.
'Go,' the voice whispered agian. They didn't need twice telling. As they ran through the house and out the door, Kiba was no where to be seen. They sighed, and closed the door of the demon house. As they drove off Miroku called Inuyasha's cell to get no answer.
"Try Kagome's house," he sighed. He was getting a bad feeling in his gut.

After calling Ayame for Kagome's address and getting lost about three times, Sango finally found the house. Both teens gapped at the manor that rivaled the Taishos, but spent no time dwelling on it. Miroku immediatly felt unconfortable as soon as he stepped from the car. Demonic auras surrounded the place like no other. He could sense the stares they were getting; someone had already seen them, but the gaurds at the doors of the lovley home had not moved an inch.
"Do you feel that?" Sango asked him quietly as she strapped the swords to her back with her shash like belt. He nodded gravley. Hesilently took the keys from her hand and went around the car. He popped the trunk and two seconds later came back with a long, shined, and strong red oak bo staff. "You keep a staff in your car?" she asked skeptically.
"You carry a boomerang in your pocket?" he countered. She kept a smirk in check and watched the gaurds once more. With a precise jab, Miroku took out a tiny camera, hoping it didn't see them. Sango nodded and looked down at his hand then up at the top of the fence. Understanding, Miroku put his hands together, let Sango step in them, and heaved her over. She landed with a soft thud, looked around, then turned back to the fence to see no one.
"Miro-?" A thump sounded next to her, making her jump around to see her smiling monk. "How?" She started to ask. The monk gave her a coacky smirk in the darkness and she bothered not the ask.
Like the night itself, the two teens swiftly and quickly moved through the large yard silently. They made it as far as a large sakura tree, where they could calm their breathing to complete silence, and get a closer look at where the gaurds were. Miroku, who was actaully in the branches of the tree, turned to Sango and held up two fingers for the men standing off the sides of the front door, and then nodded. Suddenly she whipped around, making him look up in alert. He climbed down slowly and touched her shoulder to calm her. If these gaurds were demons then they would surly pick up on her aura.
"We're being stalked, and I don't like it. We need to get in there now."
"Well, there's only one way to get in!" she sighed. She stepped out to the right of the tree and lined her shoulder with the first gaurd, then turned in a complete 90 degree angle. She looked to Miroku and he understood. He went to tht left side and ran quickly and quietly. Sango looked back to her gaurd and drew her shoulder back. With a quick flick of the wrist she threw her boomerang she couldn't see her weapon, but she could always sense it. A grunt in the distance made her know she hit. She only stood for another second to catch her weapon, and then jogged to the door. By the time she reached it Miroku had taken care of the second gaurd. Once agian she took Miroku's earring and picked the lock. They scanned the downstairs and knew no one was home, but the two of them definetly got the creepy feeling of people moving overhead. The took to the stairs and only encountered one gaurd, which they knocked out, and then went to the third floor. They heard a crash and a grunt, and saw a head full of tossled silver hair on the floor and ran over.
"Yash!" they whispered hurridly. They stopped short when they saw two women who were nearly identical scuffling on the floor like your high school cat fight.
A pulse is what caught Inuyasha's attention. His ears perked as he looked at the swords strapped to Sango's back. "Sango, is that from my house?" He asked weakly. She nodded and took the swords from her back. Inuyasha selected the rusted one much to their confusion.
"Get back!" he growled to them, as he tore the sword from its sheath and watched it transform. The fang pulsed with power like nothing else, and made the demon cat he was fighting uneasy. The cat suddenly slashed black fire, which Inuyasha dodged. Sangowas in the line of fire she knew it, but she couldn't bring herself to move. A body jumped on top of her, pinning her to the floor. Sango looked up to see Miroku. He had threw her to the floor in efforts to save her.
"Thank you," she smiled. She realized something was wrong though, very wrong. Miroku's eyes were darkend and pained. "Roku?" faintly she could see the glowing of her back. "Oh no," The attack had hit him, and burned the skin and cloths from his very back. She moved herself from under him and looked at the wound. She couldn't stop the tears from her eyes. Every tear that hit the floor was every beat that his heart was no beating. Miroku was dead, all beause of her stupidness.
Smelling tears, Inuyasha turned, giving the panther the perfect oppertunity to strike. It jumped, and Inuyasha at that moment was a pro baseball player, hitting it with the flat side of Tetsuiga and throwing back and into the wall. "Wind Scar!" he yelled. The yellow energy ripped though the office and enveloped the desk, the panther, and the wall, leaving the office open and bare to the world. Before he could react, Kagome was thrown across the room and out the house. Kimi jumped after her like a pro skydiver.
Kagome was exhausted, and even though she barley managed to land on her feet, the breath had been knocked from her. She fought to gain it back, but couldn't. She had gashes and cuts, all deep, everywhere, and brusises lined her face, feet, and hands. Even her demon knew it was outmatched and screamed to submit, but she couldn't. She was just about to stand when Kimi grabebd her by the throat and hoisted her off her feet.
"What made you think would could kill me Kagome? I am the master here."
"Your a coward, that's what you are. Someone, one day, will be your end. Even if it isn't me," she hissed. Something triggered a tear that formed at the corner of her eye. She risked taking her hand off Kimi's wrist to wipe it away, and grabbed them to steady herself agian. Kimi's skin sizzled and she hissed in pain.
"My miko powers..." she whispered. She focused on everything good, on everything pure, almost the oppisite of what she was taught for her demon self. Her hands glowed blue, and more of Kimi sizzled. She screamed in agony as Kagome purified her, and the last thing she saw was the remains of her aunt blowing in the wind. She wanted to look up, to see who was running towards her so badly, but sleep was so welcomed at the moment.

Kagome woke in a very familiar room. She kept her eyes closed and used her sense of smell to figure that she was in Inuyasha's room, and Ao was next to her. What made her no turn over and go right back to sleep was the unfamiliar scent in the room. She opened her eyes to see Inuyasha standing next to a man who looked like Sesshomaru.
"Who the fuck are you?" she croaked. She must have been out for a while.
"Nice choice," the man muttered to Inuyasha, who grinned at her. "I'm TaishoWakamusha, Emiko's father, Inuyasha's uncle. I'm currently the one investigating your case." Kagome went pale. "It seems that the house was completly destroyed by some sort of power surge, and it left a demonic aura. The entire property was torn to shreds, along with all documents of your, uhh, past, and jobs."
"I wonder how that could have happened," Kagome looked to Inuyasha.
"It was him, not me. Look they were going to give you life on a few cases of manslaughter."
"I decided to cut you a break kid. This case you never end, and the fact that my nephew is sleeping with the most wanted assassin in Japan just makes the matter more complicated. I'm to old for that stress." Inuyasha sniggered, and Musha turned with a scowl. "I ain't to old to whoop your ass pup," he growled. Inuyasha flipped him off and rolled his eyes. With a curt nodd goodbye, the officer left to talk to Emiko. Inuyasha walked over to the bed and smiled.
"Your right MCL ligament is torn, so you can't put a lot of weight onto your leg, and bending should be kept to a minimum for aleast a week. Other than that you'll be fine."
"Are you okay?" she asked.
"Yea, besides my sky high anxiety level, sure."
"Aww, was the puppy worried about me?" she smirked.
"Shut it kitty. Do you know that that leg is going to take like 3 weeks to heal even with demon powers? Your in for the pounding of your life as soon as that leg starts working agian."
"You ass! I'm practicly broken and you wanna beat me up agian?" Inuyasha chuckled.
"Not that kinda pounding kitty,"
"Ooohhhh," she realized. "Pervert."
"But you love me anyway," he smiled. He crawled over her and laid behind her, careful of her leg, and closed his eyes. After a bit she decided she wanted to watch TV in the living room withher healing comarades.
Sango and Miroku were now dating, finally. After the death scare she got from him she claimed she agreed to go out with him only because she didn't want him to do something like that agian just to prove himself. Sesshomaru had to use Tensaiga to revive him, which he had no problem with. Rin, who was angry at him for leaving her with his uncle, forgave him when she heard of his heroics, and gave him a night he would never forget.
Huyana was also being nursed by his overprotective and fussy girlfriend. With a promise she'd learn to control her powers a bit more to prevent transformations like that, she fussed over his back all the time now. She refused to sit in his lap most of the time and tried to get him to lie on his stomace more often. Ayame and Kouga were fine like usual, and were back to their regular activites, which is why they didn't come over when Inuyasha called them. But then agian, they knew nothing of what happened. And explaining these wounds to a curious demoness and a thick headed demon was to complicated.
Kagome now legaly lived with Inuyasha, having no where else to go, and refusing to go to government houseing. With no evidence of anything due to Sou'ungas Dragon Twister, she was off the hook. It was almost like having a clean slate. Even though the blood might not wash off her hands, her soul will be clean after a bit of religious practice. With her miko powers awakened she had to be trained by the nurse Keade herself. Kagome didn't mind it at all, in fact she loved it all. She was finally just a teenager living in Japan and going to High School.
Okay, flakey action, I know. But c'mon guys, you know I'm not good at that! Anyway, there's one more chapter, and it's set in the future...more like an epilouge.
Ja Ne