InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Answers To Love ❯ Wrapping things up pt.1 ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n:I am so sorry.My crap comp got busted…yes,again.But the nice thing is that I've got both of the remaining chapters typed up…over a course of a month…sigh* yeah I know but hey,I made them extra long and special to make up for it!Here you go,then.*hands -insert name here- a floppy disk on a silver platter*

Disclaimer:I don't own him now,but once this fic is over I have a meeting with Rumiko T. to negotiate the price of his creation rights.Woohoo-ness!

Chapter 26,Wrapping Things Up

By.*~Shikon Rose~*

~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome looked at herself one more time in the mirror.She wore a white halter top with `born a star' in glittery letters across the front and faded blue denim hip hugger capris.adorning her neck was a pretty silver choker with little glittery stars and on her feet were baby blue strapped sandals with seashells embedded within it.She looked nice and Inuyasha said so as well.But she was unhappy with the outfit.

"It's too nice"Kagome mused aloud glowering at her figure in the mirror.

"What is?"Inuyasha asked as he came in and tossed his car keys on the dresser in their bedroom.

"This outfit."She stated simply,a tinge of bitterness in her tone as she tugged at the hem."I mean,it's ONLY Hoj-"

"Naraku"Inuyasha corrected,his eyes closing as he laid back on the bed.

"…Naraku.Eww…all the more reason to dress undesirably."Kagome stuck her tongue out and scrunched her face up.

"Don't dawdle on it.You have to leave in an hour,Kagome."

"But…eww I don't want to kiss Naraku!"She plopped down on the couch with a huff.

Inuyasha made a sound of annoyance as he sat up with a grunt,"Kami,Kagome we both agreed to this!"

Kagome looked guiltily at her hands."…I know…"

Inuyasha sighed and scooted over beside Kagome.He slipped her scrunchie off of her wrist and began gathering her hair into a high ponytail.

"Sorry,okay?"He tied up her hair and turned her head to face him.

At Kagome's questioning stare he reached into his baggy jeans pocket and tugged out a small dagger in a sheath.

"Sesshoumaru just talked with me.It seemes I can't go with you."

"What?!Why?"Kagome's gaze was frantic.

"`Cuz apparently he tried following the bastard yesterday and got caught.Hoj-Naraku gave him quite a shock."Inuyasha scowled.

"But Sesshoumaru is like…the best at sneaking up on people!I mean his speed and how he could always tell how to stand downwind…"Kagome was NOT liking where this was going.

"Exactly."Inuyasha irratatedly clamped a hand over Kagome's mouth when she began speaking again."He got caught.What chance in hell do I have?"

"BUT YOU HAVE TO GO!!!TO PROTECT ME!!!"

"Sorry,Kag.That's no longer an option to depend on."Inuyasha grinned."Now that's why I brought this!I took a visit to Totousai and he forged this sword.It's deadly to anyone that you have a strong anger against,in the past or at the very moment,doen't matter.He calls it Daisumin.Very lightweight and powerful."

He took the sheath and stuck it into her capris pocket.It seemed like it almost slipped in.

"Great,it likes you!"

"…"

"It's like Tetaigua,you know,able to freely choose its owner."

"Why can't I just use arrows."

"…you ARE joking right?"

"…Fine."

A horn honked outside of the window and Kagome looked out.Luckily Inuyasha had enough sense to stay away from the window.A clunky,rusted old Toyota Taurus stood in her driveway and a smiling Hojo was jumping up and down,waving at her.

Kagome sweatdropped.He was wearing the school uniform.IT WAS HIS DATE WITH THE GIRL OF HIS DREAMS AND HE WORE THE SCHOOL UNIFORM??!!No wonder this guy had no steady girl.

Kagome began heading out the door,dagger in hand when Inuyasha snatched it from her and slipped it back into her pocket.

"If you can't reach it,simply call out its name in your head and it should go into your hand.You can also control its movements with miko power if you have a lot left…be careful."Inuyasha whispered to her the last piece of information and she was gone.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"PETER PAN?!?!?!?!"Kagome exclaimed wide-eyed as Hojo uttered the dreaded words to the ticket seller behind the counter.

Hojo had picked the peter pan movie that had just came out.You know,pixie dust,little elf-ish children and an ugly pirate?Hojo seemed giddy about it as they stood in line,kids all around them.Hojo held a super sized popcorn and an equally enormous drink.Kagome eyed the giddy boy wearily.

`Well,Naraku or not,he STILL has horrible taste in movies.That thing came out AGES ago.But then again,we are having our date at a discount.'

Kagome resisted the urge to roll her eyes.But instead just squinted at Hojo,chanting `lunatic' in her head.Than she saw it,the glimmer of evil amongst the naiveness in the boy's eyes.He had turned to look at her with a smile.But the thing that had REALLY unnerved her was,in that glimmer of evil,the eyes held lust.She jumped slightly.Did Naraku want her too?If that were true,the whole plan would be ruined.It was times like this that she was glad that Inuyasha was overprotective and took extra precautions to make sure she was safe.

She put her hands at her sides,feeling for the dagger secretly.Thank god it was still there.She tentatively followed Hojo into the darkening theatre,often looking back,as if Inuyasha would be standing there,pleading her with his eyes that everything would be alright.Needless to say,her thoughts were met with an empty space.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha paced around furiously around Sesshoumaru's huge library,ranting loudly to the former demon lord.

"And what happens if she get hurt,huh?Will YOU take the blame?!I don't FUCKING think so!!!And the dagger,Daisumin,what if she can't get to it in time,Sesshoumaru?!WELL?!"He paused his rapid pacing,his arms,which were wildy thrashing around,dropped to his sides.His face became dark as he regarded the sleeping demon.

"HAVE YOU HEARD ONE *FUCKING* THING I'VE SAID THE WHOLE TIME,SESSHOUMARU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Sesshoumaru snapped back to the world of the living.There was nothing like a cursing Inuyasha bellowing at the top of his lungs that can put you in a bad mood that quickly.

"Little brother I advise you remove yourself from my home before I FUCKING CASTRATE YOU!!!!!!!"Sesshoumaru yelledthe last part quickly as his brother once again began opening his ranting mouth.

Inuyasha was amused,taken back,but amused nonetheless.Never in all their battles has he seen Sesshoumaru so frustrated.His face was twisted in a scowl and he had actually sweared!This was priceless and it made him forget about Kagome.Sesshoumaru realized the satisfied look on Inuyasha's face and immediately hid his face in his hands,shaking his head wearily.

Inuyasha's laughter rang throughout the house,echoing in every room and even for the rats in the basement it sounded like a tornado.

"Inuyasha shut your goddamned mouth boy.What do we do about the little lady?"Totousai same strolling in the room,his cow for once forgotten.

"Exactly what I've been asking future mini-me here."Inuyasha grinned.But snapped back when he heard Kagome's mentioning.

"I don't know,old cow man.There was something I wanted to ask you.You say Daisumin comes out when its name is being called-mentally or physically-by its owner.What about if the owner called its name accidentally?Like if she thinks she forgot the name of the dagger,for instance,and Kagome says its name in her head,would she like…summon the dagger?"

Totousai looked squarely and dully at Inuyasha,and he heaved a sigh of relieve,but it was short-lived as Totousai promptly fainted dead away.

"CRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!"Another thunderous roar tore through the house.

Inuyasha turned to regard his brother for advice,but sweatdropped as he once again faced the sight of his sleeping brother.What could Sesshoumaru have possibly done to make him this exhausted?!

`Damn him and all his sleepiness!!!'

Well,the choice was clear,either go now and risk both their lives,or stay here and have Kagome probably die.He honestly liked the first choice better.

`Hell I don't need nobody!!!I would've killed Sesshoumaru a long time ago was it not for Tenseigua!'

With a nice departing thought-the one of killing his older brother-Inuyasha sped off,bumped into a wall by accident,started up again and headed for the movies.

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/n:Okay I know I said I'd have the remaining chappies up by…now but I had a lazy break so I'm behind schedule.So Sorry ppl but it's the best I can do for now.Just be glad you have this chap.Bear with me and TRY not to throw your shoes at me.Flames are appreciated.(NOT!)

Lmao okay bye now,I'm just a TEENSY bit hyper.Ah,the sugar rush.Ja ne!!!