InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Binding Of Lonely Hearts ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


The Binding Of Lonely Hearts

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha, or any of the characters from Inu Yasha. Although, having Sesshomaru for a little while wouldn't harm me.

------------------------------
Quick Author's Note:

I AM VERY AWARE that the original plot and storyline of Inu Yasha has been greatly changed in this chapter, and in many chapters to come. I have made things this way purposely. If you don't like it, then don't read it.
------------------------------

Chapter 4

Ever since their meeting, he couldn't stop thinking about her. It wasn't hard to believe that this was the powerful miko that everyone had been talking about from the feudal era.

She must be the reincarnation of Kikyo, there's no doubt about it. She even looks like her! But the question is, will she be as powerful?
 
Sesshomaru stopped mid thought, and closed his eyes, recalling the “battle” that had happened only a couple hours ago.

She is indeed strong, this Kagome. If I were to train her, she would learn her miko powers much faster. Not to mention we could get on with our mission and be done with it more quickly. Naraku is hunting for the jewel shards…He has almost all of them, and if he gets them all…the past and future are doomed for eternity…
 
Sesshomaru cringed as he remembered a little while ago when Kagome had gone into the well, while her parents were still alive. It was only about a year or two since that incident…
 
Flashback
 
Kagome was at her home, smiling and excited at hearing the story about the well from her grandfather. She was curious about it, and after hearing all the stories about the jewel and its power, she wanted to find out if any of it was real.

It would be so cool if there was such a thing as this “Shikon No Tama”. She was a miko, her family knew, but none of them knew where the power came from.

It was when her grandfather had mentioned the Shikon No Tama that held her interest.

That must be where my power comes from! It's from this jewel. Now things make a little more sense. If only I could find out more…it would be nice if I could actually go to the past, and see how things were for myself.
 
Her grandfather had long ago sealed the little wooden “shed”, and Kagome had always wondered why. He told her about a well that could possibly take people back in time, and Kagome couldn't withhold her excitement. She decided one night, she would go, despite her grandfather's heeding not to.
 
Not knowing what lay ahead, she packed her yellow backpack with all the necessities such as food, water, and anything else she could manage.

To not worry her family more than she was already going to, she wrote a note about where she had gone and that she would be back as soon as she could.

Kagome easily removed the barrier from the shed, using her miko powers to gain her entrance. Despite the fact that it was dark, the moonlight offered some light, or at least enough for her to see where the well was.

I have to see what is down there…

She thought, as she looked into the dark well.

Here goes nothing!

As bravely and quickly as she could, Kagome jumped down the well, and was overwhelmed by the things that happened as she fell.

A strange looking monster tried to steal her soul, and she somehow managed to fight it off, using some miko powers.

All at once, the spinning, bluish green lighting, and warm tingling feeling left her body. Above her was a clear, bright blue sky unlike any other she had ever seen.

”Wowww…” was the only thing she managed to say. It was the only word that deemed fitting to the sight before her.

Kagome huffed, seeing a dilemma.

How the hell do I get out of the well?!

She looked around for something, anything, she could grab on to. Luckily, she noticed a thin, green vine and slowly, with great strength and patience, managed to pull herself out.

When she reached the top, she looked around at all the vast fields and couldn't believe what she saw. There were tons of flowers, green grasses, and hoards upon hoards of trees everywhere.

She smiled at the beauty of it all, and began to walk toward something that resembled a village.

Kagome's smile faded as she looked into the fields and saw men and women working, sweating under the hot sun. They looked like they hadn't ever had a proper bath, and their bodies were abnormally skinny.

As she walked past them, some whispered things to others, but no one dared to stare at her for more than a second. It was as if she were a ghost, or something equally weird or scary. She decided not to try talking to them, and continued her way to the village.
 
She looked around more in wonderment than in awe at the straw or poor wood houses; something had told her poor peoples' houses weren't made of brick or cement five hundred years ago.
 
Kagome noticed a few small open huts where people were selling fruits and vegetables, probably what they did to make their money, which was a sad thought.

Feeling something dark and powerful heading her way, she immediately stopped in her tracks, feeling slight fear. As she managed to turn around, she saw a huge monster which was most likely what her grandfather had earlier described as a demon.

Unfortunately, it didn't look sympathetic or friendly, so the only thought that went into Kagome's mind was to run as far and as fast away from it as she possibly could.
 
As she ran, she looked behind her to see if the demon was coming, and managed to catch seeing the male villagers putting on armor and gathering wooden weapons in attempt to fight the demon.

Kagome felt awfully guilty leaving them there, but she promised her parents she would come back home, alive nonetheless. She couldn't risk her life fighting that “thing”, and something told her that her miko powers wouldn't be strong enough to save her this time.
 
In frustration, she ran her way blindly through a forest, and came into a strange clearing where something was pinned to a tree. From where she was standing, she couldn't tell what “it” was, and decided to take a daringly closer look.

She saw it was a male human, and couldn't help her smile.

No, she amended carefully; it wasn't a human, because it had cute white and pink dog ears! It must be some sort of “demon”. It looks friendly, and so peaceful in it's sleep.

Kagome smiled excitedly, and was dying to find out what the ears felt like.
 
Deciding to indulge in her curiosity, she inched closer, until she was about only a foot away from him. Cautiously, she drew out her hands to his ears, and began to rub them affectionately.
 
Just as I thought, they feel like soft fluff on my fingers!

She continued the soothing motion, and as she did so, began to look over the demon's body. From what she could see, he was tall, skinny, and had slightly pale skin. His long silvery white hair was what stood out the most. His red “clothing” was very loose on his body, and it hid his frame, so she couldn't tell if he was muscular or not.
 
Looks he's wearing some sort of kimono, she thought.
 
Just as she looked to see what his angelic face looked like in more detail, golden questioning eyes stared back into hers, and she immediately drew back in shock and embarrassment…
 
------------------------------

Thank you for your reviews ^_^