InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Binding Of Lonely Hearts ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Binding Of Lonely Hearts
By: AngelAnita
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha, or any of the characters from Inu Yasha. Although, having Sesshomaru for a little while wouldn't harm me.
XxXxXx
Quick Author's Note:
I AM VERY AWARE that the original plot and storyline of Inu Yasha has been greatly changed in this chapter, and in many chapters to come. I have made things this way purposely. If you don't like it, then don't read it.
 XxXxXx
 Chapter 4 Review...
Just as she looked to see what his angelic face looked like in more detail, golden questioning eyes stared back into hers, and she immediately drew back in shock and embarrassment…
XxXxXx
Chapter 5
Kagome didn't know what to do. His golden eyes stared at her for a moment, and then he growled angrily.
Is it my fault he's angry? I mean, I might have...violated...him in some way...Oh Kagome, what have you gotten yourself into now?
"Get me out," he growled softly under his breath.
"What did you say? Wow, I didn't know you can speak!"
Kagome was about to smile, but then he scowled at her, and lunged forwards, trying to get off of the tree.

"I said
GET ME OUT OF HERE!"
His attempted lunge made her heart jump a little, but as long as he was stuck to that tree, she was safe. She smirked when she heard his demand to be freed from the tree.

"You aren't a little child; therefore you can move your OWN ass out of there! Besides, you keep snapping at me! Why should I save you, anyway?"
"The demon. It's coming."
Inu Yasha might have been tied to a tree for fifty years, but didn't mean his sense of smell had faltered or declined any. He smirked when she turned around, and saw the huge black spider demon heading in her direction.
She was screwed, no matter what. If she released him, he would kill her for merely touching his ears, or maybe because he was in a bad mood; either way, death would befall her from either one of his decisions. If she didn't release him, the black spider "thing" would kill her. At least with this silver haired demon she could beg for a quick death.
Taking her better judgement, she walked over to him as close as she dared, and took the arrow in her hands. It began to glow a dark, sparkling pink and she felt her hands go warm. Easily, she pulled the arrow out of the middle of his chest, and he slumped to the forest floor. Before she could react, he picked her up and put her in fifty feet up in the tree he had just been in to ensure she wouldn't get away.
That's not the only reason why you put her in the tree. You also don't want her getting hurt!
He cursed his thoughts mentally, and prepared himself to fight the fast approaching demon. His human side must have been getting to him more than usual that day.
This will be a piece of cake.
Kagome looked warily from up in the tree down at the ground. She gulped, never having liked heights much, and hugged the tree for dear life. She kept her eyes tightly shut, knowing that if she took deep breaths, and imagined she was on the ground, she would calm down, and forget she was in the tree.
The sound of slashing claws against flesh was what made her eyes pop back open. Unwillingly, her eyes followed the direction of the sound just in time to see the silver haired demon slash the spider again, effectively tearing it into several pieces. Kagome nearly puked at remembering how high she was from the ground, and that just one single movement could make her fall to her death...
Leaning in towards the trunk of the tree some more, she heard some crackling and her heart leapt in her chest.
Oh kami...the branch...is going to snap! Why would he put me on such a thin branch anyway? He's such an idiot!
Kagome halted her thoughts, and gulped once more.
Maybe he WANTED me to die...then maybe he isn't an idiot, after all...
Kagome closed her eyes, and listened as the branch cracked more and more until it snapped. She fell, her back slamming into the next tree branch below her, but because she was in such shock, she couldn't manage to grasp a branch to save her life. It was unfortunate, because if she didn't, she would surely fall to her death.
The pain and immediate swelling in her back from the constant hitting of branches as she fell was nothing compared to the level of fear in which she was harboring. Kagome heard another crack, knowing that this time it couldn't have been a branch, because a fierce pain shot up her left arm, and she bit her lip to keep from screaming out.
I don't want to die screaming, I want to die strong. If I die strong, then I'll have nothing to be ashamed of...
Her fall continued, her body being brutally slammed into branches of all different sizes, think, thin, long, short...they all cracked into two pieces under her back at the force of the fall. Her destination to the forest floor was coming closer and closer.
As she fell, thoughts of her family flashed in her head. She would die, and the last they would ever hear of her was from a god damned note. Why did she come here in the first place, even after she had been warned not to? She was a fool to follow her curiosity, and it was going to be the cause of her death. It was a sad thought, so she pushed it in the back of her mind.
At least mom won't find out I failed that math test...
She grinned at the thought, despite the horrendous pain that kept shooting through her with each branch she collided into.
Kagome managed to twist her head and saw she had neared the bottom, consciously preparing herself for the hard ground to hit her back, and kill her.
 An instant death would be nice; I've always wanted thatfor whenever the time came...

Kagome
didn't want to die, but if she was going to, she didn't want to die with regrets or depression. She wanted to be thinking happy thoughts and looking on the brighter side of things. Many babies died before they had a chance to walk, never mind going to school, making friends, and experiencing life. At least she had gotten this far, and she would be happy with whatever lifespan she had been gifted with.

The only remote regret she could find was coming here in the first place, by going against her parents
' warnings. It wasn't like she could do anything about it now anyway. One day, when they joined her in death, perhaps they could find it in their hearts to forgive her.
Just before the last fifteen feet, the back of her head bashed into a thick branch, and made her head dizzy. Her vision blurred, and she had trouble keeping her eyes open. It was difficult, but she wanted to be awake when she found out her final fate.

After the last branch, just below the fifteen feet mark, it was a clear drop free of tree limbs and leaves. It felt somewhat like sky diving without a parachute, but something told her that if she were fall from a plane, her limbs wouldn't hurt this badly. Not only that, but it was highly unlikely she would be banging into things on her way down.

Everything seemed so slow
all of a sudden. It was like time had lagged, and she was floating rather than falling; she would have believed it too, if things didn't keep whipping past her so quickly. Her hair blew all around her face, and her short skirt billowed upwards as her agonizing and dreadfully painful fall continued.
Kagome closed her eyes, finally accepting that she was going to die, and forced a gentle smile. Then, just as expected, her back collided with something hard, and she allowed herself to fall into an inky darkness

XxXxXx

Thank you for reading and reviewing.