InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Conqueror's Wife ❯ Her Place ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay time for an update!

Disclaimer: See all the other disclaimers.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kagome sat at her end of the long table and ate her dinner. Hiten had come home that night. For that, she was thankful. If she had stayed with Inuyasha, Hiten would have found them and seriously hurt him. It made leaving him behind seem justified. She had barely dried her tears and changed her clothes when he and his little calvary came home. He was talking to her about the war now, but she wasn't really listening.

"It is so hard to keep our troops up against that man. He's the best general I've ever seen. He seems so god damned dignified all the time too. It is so frustrating. He's like a god damn enigma, you know what I mean?"

"Yes, my Lord."

They heard the bell of the front door ring in the distance. Hiten looked excitedly at the hall, and after a few moments, Ayame walked slowly into the dining hall.

"What is it?"

"Lord Hiten, there is a visitor here for you. She says she's expected."

"Ah yes. Tell her I will be there momentarily. Please excuse me, wife." He got up and began to leave the room. Kagome was so angry she could barely hold it in. She was on his heels before his long black braid was out of sight. She followed him to the foyer where a pretty young girl stood. Her black hair was cut short and her large green eyes seemed to sparkle. She couldn't have been more than sixteen years old. Normally it would have been no big deal. As a matter of fact, Kagome was usually grateful for another woman to take Hiten's attentions away from her. That way she only had to endure his touch about once a month. But that night was different. She had just been turned away by the man she loved because she had a husband. If she was to be treated like a wife by the rest of the world, she should be treated like a wife by her own husband. Hiten hadn't taken notice of the fact that Kagome was behind him.

"Ah, my sweet. Are you ready to serve your Lord?"

"What do you think you're doing?" Kagome yelled. Hiten whipped around to face her.

"Why are you here?"

"I am your wife. You killed my father and forced my hand in marriage. You should act like I am your wife!"

"What do you mean?"

"You are always sleeping with other girls! You should be with me! The servants see you more than I do!" She didn't really want to see him. She wanted to see Inuyasha, but he had made it very clear that she should be home with her husband, not gallivanting around with a common laborer like him. Hiten started laughing.

"Do you really think that you can command me? I am the Lord of this city. I will do what I want whether you like it or not. You are nothing to me. You are not good enough to share my bed night after night." Kagome fumed. She hated the man in front of her more than anything. He took away her freedom and then proclaimed she wasn't good enough for him. She grabbed the small sandal off of her foot and threw it at him. She had not thought through her actions before she did them. She just felt like he deserved to have the shoe thrown at him. She should have thought things through though. He walked up to her swiftly and punched her in the face. She fell onto the floor in a heap. He spat on her and kicked her.

"I don't know what made you think that was okay, but don't ever do it again." He grabbed the girl who had been silently waiting and began to ascend the staircase. He stopped at the top to call down to her.

"Know your place, woman."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: All right everyone, I have great news. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO. No, I'm kidding! I have finished outlining the chapters. There should be fifteen all together. Okay review and I'll get those suckers typed up.