InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Conqueror's Wife ❯ Reasons Why ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Teya's super short chapter!

Disclaimer: This is all just a figment of your imagination.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Even if someone had been looking for him, they probably wouldn't have seen the tall redhead walking through the dark streets outside the shipyard. He was young, just barely a man, but he stalked the streets silently. He had a mission to complete, and he would not rest until it was finished. He knew the man he had been looking for lived in a small house around there somewhere. He had to get to him quickly. He stopped outside a door he hoped was the right one and knocked lightly. He drew his sword and held it ready. The door opened to reveal the lover of the lady of the city.

"Shippo, you're late," he hissed.

"I couldn't find your freaking house. You should learn to give better directions."

"Come inside." Shippo sheathed his sword and entered the small house.

"This is how you are living?"

"This is how I've always lived. I hate excess. Now, what news do you bring?" He was trying not to sound annoyed at the late messenger who was more interested in his living arrangements than the message.

"Your brother is worried about your progress." Inuyasha frowned.

"He should know better than anybody that I always finish what I start. All the work is done." Shippo nodded. He admired Inuyasha. He was the best there was. He looked down at his feet for a moment before delivering the rest of the message.

"He said that if you were finished, he wanted you to join him."

"What, now?"

"Inuyasha, your brother needs you. Things are getting harder." Inuyasha sighed.

"I can't go yet."

"Did you lose your…"

"No! It's in the chest. How could I lose that?"

"I have before."

"That's because you are an idiot."

"Why not then?"

"I have to tell Kagome first." Shippo's mouth dropped.

"Lady Kagome? Lord Hiten's wife?" Inuyasha grabbed Shippo by the collar.

"She is my lover before she is that bastard's wife!" He threw the boy down.

"Inuyasha, that is dangerous."

"I don't care. I will tell her tonight when she comes to me. I will leave afterward."

"How could you?"

"I can't help it that I love her."

"I will tell your brother that."

"He has someone he loves too. Rin has softened his heart. Even the mighty General Sesshoumaru will understand this."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Whew! Three chapters in two and a half hours. Go Teya it's your birthday! Go Teya! Ahem. Sorry. I wrote all of these in my three-hour sociology class. It's typing that takes forever. Review and I shall update more in the AM.