InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Conqueror's Wife ❯ What Is The Conqueror's Wife ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay my loyal readers, it's time to move forward.

Disclaimer: I won't even pretend like I know how to spell the name of the real owner of Inuyasha.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Ayame ran to Kagome's room as fast her legs would carry her. The small bell hanging in the kitchen that symbolized her need for help was wildly ringing. Something was very wrong, and she knew it. When she reached the room, she discovered Kagome sitting on her bed, still tugging at the bell string.

"Lady Kagome, It's okay. I'm here now." Ayame found it hard to look at her. She was wearing only a thin sheer robe and through it, bruises were easily visible.

"I called out his name."

"I'm sorry?"

"Lord Hiten was having his way with me, and I called out Inuyasha's name." Ayame's eyes nearly popped out of her head.

"How?"

"I was trying to imagine Inuyasha to keep from getting sick. I hate Lord Hiten so much. It just kind of happened."

"Let me get you some cool cloths." Ayame began to head toward the bathroom. She did not want to see her poor body anymore.

"NO!"

"Why not?"

"I need you to do something for me, Ayame." The servant girl started to become worried. What could she need besides help with her injuries?

"What is it that you need?"

"When you are with Kouga, are you happy?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Are you happy?"

"Yes, Lady Kagome. I am very happy with my husband. I love him very much."

"Can you imagine how you'd feel if he was taken away from you?" Kagome was desperate. Her tears were raging like rivers. It was almost hard to understand her.

"No, I can't."

"Well try, Ayame! I finally found someone that I love more than anything else, and Lord Hiten has to ruin that part of my life as well. In the morning, troops are going to his home and dragging him in front of the Lord. He's going to kill him with his own hands. I can't let that happen." Ayame felt for Kagome. She really couldn't imagine life without Kouga. He was her everything. The sun rose and set with him.

"What do you want me to do?" Kagome smiled.

"Oh, thank God! I want you to get Kouga to tell Inuyasha to get out. He has to leave before morning. If he isn't gone, he'll be killed."

"Do you think he'll go?"

"I'm not sure."

"Okay, I will get Kouga to tell him tonight, but first I'm taking care of these injuries." She walked into the bathroom and retrieved some wet cloths. She was sorry for the girl in the other room. She didn't ask for this to happen, although she should have been more careful.

"I don't get it Ayame." Ayame placed the cool material on some of Kagome's bruises.

"Don't get what?"

"Why is it that Lord Hiten can have all the women he wants? Every day there is a new one in my home that he stole from my father. And I can't even have just one lover?" Ayame looked seriously into Kagome's eyes. She knew the answer as well anyone.

"That's easy, Lady Kagome."

"Is it?"

"Yes. What is the conqueror's wife if not a conquest herself?"

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: That last line was the inspiration of the entire story so I thought I had to work it in somehow. It's from Barbara Kingsolver's book Poisonwood Bible which, incidentally, is about a family of missionaries in the Congo and not about a literal conqueror at all. Review!