InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Crying Game ❯ Let Me Go ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: Sadly, I do not own Inuyasha. I just like to play with them.

The Crying Game

Ch.5

By: Lara Winner

Anger, clear and undiluted, spread like a wild fire through Kagome. She fumed, "Don't you dare try and stop me Inuyasha!"

But the dumb dog-demon remained blocking her way. A cocky grin lit his lips as he stood, folding his arms stubbornly. "I'll stop you if I want to."

"Oh really?" She questioned with a strained laugh. "Sit boy!"

Without fail Inuyasha went face first to the ground. It had been a long time since she was forced to inflict such a punishment on him. Feeling justified, she began to step around him but his arm shot out and he caught her ankle in an iron grip causing her to topple to ground beside him.

Kagome laded with a thud right on her bottom making her wince. Anger turned to rage and in a fit of uncontrollable temper she kicked at Inuyasha blindly gaining a yelp that was quickly followed by a snarl as she suddenly found herself looking into a pair of glowing eyes, their usual gold tinted with a frightening shade of crimson.

"I deserved the 'Sit'," he growled, leaning over her threateningly. "But I'm warning you, don't ever kick me again."

Kagome swallowed hard. Lowering her eyes, she held her ground determined to hide the fear he struck inside her. "Then quit acting like a spoiled child. You know something Inuyasha. My life doesn't revolve around you and your ever-changing whims. I've put two years of my life practically on hold so I could help you and I did. Now I'm going home where I belong. So deal with it!"

Hesitantly she raised her eyes and almost gasped in surprise. Did she hurt him by saying that? No not Inuyasha. Not the bad boy demon who was too inferior to be affected by anything so pathetically human. Bitter laughter rose up in her throat as she looked away once again.

"I'm getting out of your way, alright Inuyasha? What more do you want?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" The hanyou asked, clearly confused by her resigned words.

"You don't want me here," she whispered, her voice almost catching. "and I don't want to be here. So why don't we do ourselves a favor and stay away from each other."

This time she could read Inuyasha's expression clearly. First there was a look of protest, then came a look of hurt and then his handsome face settled in a mask of pure spite.

"As I recall I tried to send you back for good once, but YOU insisted on coming through the well again. Everything is always about you Kagome, whenever you want to do something or when you have time for it. Well that's about to change because I'm telling you right now that you are not leaving here till I say its okay, you got that! You're not going anywhere!"

Kagome bristled, her eyes narrowing as she let out an enraged shriek. "You asshole!"

Using all her meager strength, Kagome pushed at Inuyasha sending him sprawling out beside her. Instinctive action caused her scramble to her feet and dash madly for the well. It was barely ten feet away. She knew she could make it if just ran a little faster. So she pushed herself as fast as she could. For one glorifying second she thought she was going to make it, she was less then two feet away, but her victory was short lived as arms wrapped around her from behind and lifted her, pack and all, clear off the ground.

A heavy breath brushed her ear sending a tingle though her limbs. But the harsh words that followed killed the feeling abruptly.

"What did I tell you bitch!?!"

Kagome struggled against her captor's hold, wiggling her body and kicking her legs violently in the air hoping to make him loose his grip. She clawed at hands trying to pry his arms open when the hanyou hissed in pain. Even as she heard the sound she looked down and her eyes widened as she noticed the warm, sticky, black substance that was coating her fingers.

Blood?

Inuyasha's blood.

In a flash her anger was gone and she went limp in his arms as she gasped, "Gods you're bleeding."

She took his hand in her own and examined the deep gashes and ripped skin that cover his swollen knuckles and bruised fingers. Her brow knitted in a frown as she twisted her head to look at him sharply, "What happened?"

"Ah…it….it's.. nothing. I'm fine Kagome." Inuyasha insisted as he tried to pry his left hand out of her hold.

Kagome turned in his slack arms and dropped her pack on the ground. Kneeling, she rummaged through the bright yellow bag and with a soft "ah ha" stood up waving her first aid kit in his face.

"Have a seat," she commanded, pushing him down on the ledge of the well. "And let me clean this wound."

Inuyasha sighed, not bother to hide his obvious disgruntlement. He rested his chin in his hand and propped him elbow on his knee while he glared at her ministrations the entire time. Kagome ignored him, concentrating on sterilizing the wound from germs and infections. For the first time since she started treating his injuries, she wondered if as a demon he was susceptible to such things. She could picture his reply. He would act insulted and start a rant on how he was no weak human and that a demon would never be brought low by something you can't even see.

The thought made Kagome want to smile but her heart continued to ache robbing her of the ability to mimic humor. Sneaking a peek at his face, she tried to sort through her confusion. He was refusing to let her go. Why? Did he not want her gone? It certainly sounded like he did this morning so why the change of mind now? The horrible sinking feeling returned ten fold as she thought of a valid explanation for his behavior. He was simply trying to get the last say. He was trying to bend her to his will one last time so he could have the final call to gloat about.

She bit her lip and her fingers trembled as they wrapped the gauze around his hand. It was amazing how much love could hurt. To know that she would die for him if he asked her to and all he could say to her was that she would never compare to his lost love and she shouldn't bother to try. She blinked rapidly as hot tears filled her eyes. It wasn't fair.

"There all done." She managed to say as she secured the last of the wrap around his wrist. Inuyasha gave her a peculiar look as she deposited the kit in her pack. Lifting the bag onto her shoulder once again she swung her legs over the side of the well, ready to jump over. "I'll be going now."

"Oh no ya don't." He snapped and grabbed her upper arm. "I'm not going to let you get away Kagome."

"Inuyasha…" She warned.

"Did I say you could go?" He asked arrogantly.

"That's it! SIT SIT SIT!" she shouted, infuriated once again.

Inuyasha hit the ground three times and she watched, feeling some of her anger ebb. It served him right. Sometimes he treated her like she was nothing but his bitch and that was one thing she would never tolerate. He was the one who needed to learn about free will.

The halfling propped himself up and glared over his shoulder. "Whadja do that for!?!"

"If you're going to act like a dog then I'm going to treat you like one." Kagome replied haughtily, then before the stunned demon could move she jumped into the rift of time.