InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Indifference ( Chapter 60 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Indifference

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Kagome had spent the last several days trying to figure out how to get away from Sesshoumaru. Not permanently, of course, but just long enough so that she could get her hands on a certain spider/kaze.

She had a message she wanted to give him/her.

But the problem was, there was just no way that she could get away from her over-obsessive protector. Let alone for long enough to get ahold of Naraku/Kagura.

Unless...

If I go through the well, and then hide my scent and aura and come back, I bet...

She narrowed her eyes thoughtfully. It should work... and it wouldn't be hard to find Kagura once I got back to this side, since she's been following us for several weeks now. She rolled her eyes. Discreetly, of course, since she's terrified that Sesshoumaru will get his hands on her.

At that thought, she frowned. Wait a minute... if I know she's there... there's no way that he doesn't. So he's up to something. Maybe... maybe he's letting her think he doesn't realize she's there, so she'll get complacent and make a mistake...

Hm. Sneaky Sesshoumaru.

Oh, well... that's his thing. For right now, I'm on
my thing - which is getting ahold of that witch.

So...

She continued to plot and plan, and waited as they finished their loop out, and began to loop back in, heading once more for the village - and more importantly, the well.

Much as Sesshoumaru hated letting her go, from this last trip, it was clear that no shards remained within a certain distance, meaning she would have to go home, and stock up more so that they could go out further in the search the next time.

Which suited Kagome just fine.

She had a certain bunch of flowers that she really wanted to gift to that stupid wind/spider youkai.

After she'd passed on her message, Sesshoumaru could plot against the kaze youkai to his heart's content - she just wanted to make sure Kagura/Naraku knew how she felt about certain things before her Lord destroyed them.

And he would - there was no mistaking that.

Finally, they reached the village again, and Sesshoumaru escorted her to the well, where he informed her that he would meet her back there at mid-day the following day - then he kissed her breathless, before watching her jump into the well and disappear from his sight.

I really hate that well, he thought, discontent shining briefly in his eyes, before he once more replaced his mask and went back to the village.

But this time, it does give me the chance to take care of something...

There was no one in the clearing to see her return approximately five hours later, once again clutching a small bunch of flowers - though this bouquet wasn't for someone she cared about. They were to taunt a certain spider/kaze.

When she cleared the lip of the well, she closed her eyes, making sure that her aura and scent were clamped tightly around her body - therefore leaving no indication that she'd ever been there - then opened them again.

What he doesn't know won't hurt him... she swallowed heavily as she thought of what Sesshoumaru was likely to do to her if he ever found out about this.

That would not be a good thing...

With a shudder, she shook those thoughts off, then, eyes narrowing, she sent out her senses, and began tracking the distinctive aura of the kaze/spider.

Within moments, the clearing was once again empty.

It took her about half an hour, but she eventually managed to pinpoint a location, and moving in, she snuck up on the witch, a rather evil grin crossing her face as she listened to Kagura muttering to herself for several long moments.

"Talking to yourself, Kagura?" she asked finally, as she stepped out into the little clearing and looked at the kaze youkai, one eyebrow raised quizzically.

Kagura almost fell over in shock. How did she manage to sneak up on me? Taking a discreet sniff, she still couldn't manage to catch Kagome's scent, and she glared at her, knowing that the girl was hiding her scent.

"What the devil do you want, little girl? Trying to play with those above you now?" she snarled, an inhuman rage slithering up within her. What the heck is wrong with me? Why am I so angry about such an insignificant little girl?

Kagome chuckled, shaking her head and answering casually, "I haven't seen anyone here that is above me, as you put it, Kagura, so no worries." She tossed the bunch of flowers in her hand down in front of the woman, then turned on her heel and started to leave the clearing.

Kagura stared down at the flowers, then looked back up, catching the girl as she turned. "What do those mean?"

"Don't you know, Kagura?" she asked mockingly. "And here I thought you knew everything. But since you obviously don't," she eyed the kaze over her shoulder, "I'll tell you. It's candytuft - and it signifies indifference."

"Indifference?" Kagura asked, offended.

"Yeah. I'm really just indifferent to all the trouble you keep trying to cause, so you may as well give it up and stop trying to target me. I'm not impressed with your lame tactics."

With that, she disappeared from the clearing, heading back to the well, happy that she'd gotten to say her piece.

She was even happier as she listened to the enraged shriek coming from behind her...

So much for messing with me, Kagura, she thought, with a huge grin crossing her face.

---oOo---
A/N: Ha! Kagome got hers in. Since being ignored and passed over, and thought of as insignificant always made Naraku insanely furious - and Kagura as well - I figured, what better way for Kagome to make it known how little she really thinks of them?

Indifference... yeah. It works.

Amber