InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Magic ( Chapter 61 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Magic

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Sesshoumaru stood alone... highlighted by moonlight, he looked ethereal - and deadly. His expression, stoic as it always was, yet the sheer rage in his aura could be felt; it was still, but at the same time writhing with everything dark and negative... it was the aura of a predator - one who was on the hunt.

The moment that Kagome had gone through the well, he had gone back to the village. Taking Inuyasha aside, he had left everything in his hands, warning him to guard the group, and then promptly folded himself into his light orb and disappeared.

Now, he had arrived at his destination, and merely waited for the one he had come to see to notice his intrusion into his domain.

It would not take long.

Within minutes, a dark swirl of magic settled beside him, and he glanced to his side, then looked away, content to let the other speak first.

"Sesshoumaru-sama... it has been many years. What is it that this one may do for you?"

He was silent for a few moments, then nodded once, not looking at his companion. "Ryozen. This one has need of a konjou tama."

The youkai standing at his side, cocked a brow in surprise, and asked, "For what purpose would you want such a thing?"

Tilting his face to the sky, Sesshoumaru stared consideringly at the heavenly counterpart to the crescent on his brow. "What is such a thing usually used for, elder?"

The dragon sighed. "So... you desire a prison. You wish to trap someone's soul in torment - an eternity of blackest, endless night. Tell me, Sesshoumaru-sama - who would one such as you hate with such matchless depth?"

At that, Sesshoumaru turned and locked gazes with the elderly sorcerer, eyes burning into his. "One who has attempted to take away what has aroused this one's passions. One who, foolishly, still attempts to do so."

Ryozen searched Sesshoumaru's eyes, weighing what he found there, then nodded, and looked away. "I see. I daresay this being has no idea what fate they have earned for arousing your emnity."

He was silent for a time, considering what he had learned, and the request that had been made.

"What will be my payment?" he eventually asked.

The youkai Lord once again turned his gaze to the sky. "Tell me, Ryozen. What is it that you desire this time?"

Before he could even blink, his surroundings blurred around him, and he found himself in a different place - one strange to him, and he looked around, brow raised.

"What is this, dragon?"

There was a chuckle, and Ryozen stepped out of thin air, landing next to his guest. "This is my home, Sesshoumaru-sama - one that no other save your own sire has seen." He sighed at his companion's silence, and said, "Come. I wish to show you something - then I will tell you my price."

Sesshoumaru said nothing, just followed the old dragon, curious to see what his actions were about. Glancing at his surroundings, he took in the glowing cavern walls, and the scents of earth, humid and filled with life. As they approached a rather low entrance into another cavern, the smells got stronger, and as they stepped through, his brow rose in surprise.

The cave that they stood in was filled to the brim with plants... and damp heat.

"Ferns."

Ryozen nodded. "Hai. I knew that you would know them - as I saw one like to these being taken to your shiro."

"You have been scrying me?" he asked, slight amusement in his voice.

"This one keeps track of all those who are truly dangerous, proud Inu Lord - and you most certainly top that list, Sesshoumaru-sama." He chuckled again, and said, "However, I did not bring you here to bandy words. You asked my price. This is it, then: I wish a cutting from your fern. It is unlike any I have ever seen - and this Ryozen would like to grow it here."

He wants a plant... most? Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes in thought. "So I am to believe that this is your greatest desire...?"

"Most certainly. Now, what is your answer?"

He looked at the dragon, then nodded. "Very well. When the konjou tama is ready, bring it to me, and you shall have your price. Acceptable?"

Ryozen bowed. "Very."

"Then return me to the outside, and I will take my leave of you."

Once more, his surroundings blurred, and he found himself back where he had been, alone again. With one thoughtful glance around the small glen, he folded himself back into his orb, and shot off, nothing more than a bright streak of light across a midnight sky.

He was very satisfied with this night's work.

It was not wise of you to provoke me, spider. This one will never suffer a threat to his miko to live - at least, not free. Where you will be, is a place worse than hell.

You should have just died - in the end, you would have been happier.

---
oOo---

A/N: Sesshoumaru is very vindictive. I am glad he is not mad at me.

Amber