InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Acceptance ( Chapter 84 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Acceptance

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

She wishes her friends from her home could attend the wedding celebrations, does she?

Sesshoumaru watched and listened as his bride-to-be talked with her friends... Kanna, Sango, and Kaede as well, who she saw as a grandmother. It seemed that she wished her friends from her home, could meet her friends here... and it was a desire that he could accommodate, and so, silently, he slipped away from the group, and headed for the well.

I will speak with her mother - she will know how to contact these friends of hers.

He was at the well and through it within mere moments, and as soon as he landed on the other side, he leapt from the depths of it, and removed his armor swiftly, before scanning the area to make sure no one was around.

Once satisfied, he stepped out of the small shrine, and moved quickly to the house, entering the genkan without knocking, rightly thinking that they would rather him enter unbidden than stand outside and risk being seen in broad daylight by shrine visitors.

Once inside, he flared his aura to announce himself, knowing that even an average human with no powers whatsoever would still feel the heaviness of his jyaki, and sure enough, within moments, Hitomi appeared before him with a bright smile.

"Sesshoumaru-sama! Welcome, please, come in," she said, as she led him to the kitchen, where she appeared to be stocking food from bags into the cupboards that lined one wall.

"I just returned home from shopping, so you have excellent timing!" She reached into another bag and began unloading it as he watched. "So. Is there something I can do for you, or something you needed to ask?"

He tilted his head to her. "Yes. Those friends of Kagome's... you know how to contact them?"

She looked up at him and blinked, a little startled. "Well, yes," she said slowly. "Why?"

"Kagome wishes them to attend the wedding celebration, and I would like to speak with them, and extend an invitation to do so."

Hitomi straightened at that, a surprised look on her face, but didn't say anything, just nodded, and went to the small stand that the telephone stood on. Opening the little drawer, she pulled out a small book, and flipped through it, before reaching for the phone and dialing.

Within a few minutes, she hung up the phone, the calls made.

She turned back to the daiyoukai still standing patiently in her kitchen with a smile.

"They have all agreed to come talk to you, and are on their way. It will probably be half an hour or so."

He nodded complacently. "That is acceptable. This one thanks you for your assistence in this matter," he said politely.

She waved her hands at him with a laugh, and then went back to her task. "It's no problem, Sesshoumaru-sama."

With that, she left him to his thoughts as he took a seat at the table, and she continued in her tasks. It was a strangely peaceful half hour wait, and before he knew it, the first knocks came at the door, signaling the arrival of at least one of the young women.

Sesshoumaru followed Hitomi into the living area, and seated himself in one of the chairs there, waiting for the rest to join him.

He hoped it wasn't a long wait for all three to arrive.

Fortunately for his patience, it wasn't, and within minutes of each other, the three young women arrived, and were seated across from him, looking at him curiously.

He studied them for a moment, and then said, "I have requested your presence here to extend an invitation to the wedding celebration. It is Kagome's desire to have you attend."

The three girls glanced at each other, surprised looks on their faces, and then Ayumi said, "We are honored, Sesshoumaru-sama. This takes place after the wedding, then?"

"Yes. Directly after. The wedding itself is attended only by close family, and then we will adjourn to my shiro for the celebration, which lasts for three days. Is it possible for you to attend?"
The girls eyes all widened at that. Shiro? Again, they all looked at each other.

Yuka spoke up next. "When is it to take place again?"

"In five days - but we will leave in four days to arrive at my home the day before."

Eri popped up cheerfully. "Well, I can go, I don't have anything more important than this, that's for sure. What will we need in the way of clothing?" she asked, fully aware that their current modes of dress probably wouldn't do in a formal setting.

Sesshoumaru's brow quirked as he glanced at her approvingly. Very quick, this one, he thought. "Kimono would be appropriate - this one is aware that they are not normal attire... will you be able to acquire them in the amount of time available?"

Yuka glanced at her friends, then shook her head doubtfully. "Well... we each have one kimono apiece that we could wear - but that won't do for three days."

He considered for a few moments, then said, "It is of no moment. I will provide extra kimono in each of your rooms for you to use as needed."

Brows rose, but the girl's all finally started looking excited, and with that silent communication that was strong between longtime friends, they all looked at each other, then turned to him, decisions made.

"Right! We'll all be there, then. Where should we meet?" Eri asked.

"Here, at the shrine, on the fourth morning hence." He paused thoughtfully for a minute, then said, "Mid-morning."

He stood, then, signaling that the meeting was over as they all nodded. The girl's all jumped up, and bowing, gave him their thanks for the invitations, and then made their way out the door, chattering amongst themselves excitedly.

Once they were gone, Hitomi looked at him, an amused, but confused expression on her face.

"You didn't tell them just when you are from, did you?"

He looked at her silently for a moment. "No. It need not be explained now - Kagome can do so when we come to gather everyone."

Hitomi thought about that for a moment, then chuckled. "I see." Then she began to move towards the back door, motioning him to follow.

He did, curious.

She led him out to her hothouse, and slipping inside momentarily, quickly returned with a pretty pink cluster of flowers, which she held out to him.

He took them, and glanced down at them, his brow furrowed, then he looked back up at her. "These are for...?"

"When you get back over to your side of the well and tell Kagome that you invited her friends, hand her those - she'll know what it means."

He didn't move, still looking at her, brow quirked, and she chuckled again. "They're pink lilacs, and they stand for acceptance. They'll tell her that her friends accepted the invitation, and will attend."

"Ah." He tucked them carefully into his sleeve and nodded to her. "Very well, Higurashi-san. This one will see you in four days." With that, he turned and headed back to the well, and Hitomi smiled.

Who would have ever thought that my high-spirited little girl would end up with someone so formal?

It boggles the mind...

With a cheery laugh, she went back inside and continued with her tasks.

---oOo---

A/N: Boy... the wedding is getting close... it ain't even my wedding and I'm nervous!

Sheesh...

Amber