InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Elope With Me ( Chapter 91 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Elope With Me

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Kagome sighed contentedly as she snuggled into her husband's side, trying to make use of his warmth as they flew towards the village and the well... it was time to take everyone home.

The three days of her wedding and the celebration had been wonderful, as had truly becoming Sesshoumaru's wife in more than name, but now, it was over, and time to move into her new roles as wife, and Lady.

She smiled as she thought back to her wedding night, and how her husband had promised her nothing but pleasure - and how he'd gone about fulfilling that promise. A shiver ran over her as Sesshoumaru seemed to realize where her thoughts were, as well as the slight chill she was feeling, and rumbled low in his chest to her as mokomoko-sama wrapped itself around her.

"This is perhaps not the best time to be thinking those thoughts, wife," he warned, somewhat amused, and she blushed a little and laughed.

"Probably not," she said, ruefully, as she looked down on the landscape far below.

He quirked a brow at her, a slight smile tilting the corner of his mouth, and nothing more was said as they continued on, Kagome's thoughts reverting to her friends and family that all accompanied them on this journey, escorting them home.

Inuyasha. He's been acting kinda funny for the last two days... I wonder what's going on in that head of his? She frowned thoughtfully... I hope nothings wrong between he and Kanna.

With a deep sense of concern, the little miko turned Lady decided that she would corner her best friend as soon as she could and get him to tell her what was wrong.

What she didn't expect, was for him to corner her first, asking to talk to her - but not without first gaining her husbands approval... he wasn't stupid.

Once they'd gone through the well, and seen her still over-awed friends off, he pulled her aside.

"Oi, K'gome... can I talk to you?" he said quietly, and she glanced back at her husband, who merely nodded.

"Sure, Inu... why don't we go sit underneath the goshinboku?"

He nodded again, and walked slowly with her, hands in his sleeves and a nervous twitch beneath one eye.

Once she took a seat, he leaned back against the tree itself, and sighed, tilting his head back to look up at the branches of the great tree.

After a few moments, Kagome frowned, and said, "Out with it, Inuyasha.
What's bothering you?"

"I... he blushed, "well, I want to ask Kanna to... you know, get married - but I don't want no big deal like you did," he managed to stutter out, and Kagome's face softened.

"So you want to elope... sort of," she chuckled, and he flushed deeper.

"Yeah, I guess," he mumbled. "So... how should I ask her? Got any ideas?"

Kagome thought about it for a little while, and then patted his knee and stood up. "I think so... I'll be back in a little while, okay? Just wait - and try to be patient!"

He huffed indignantly. "Keh! I can be patient if I have to be, ya know. I'll wait - just don't take all day."

She waved a hand at him as she headed back to the house, and once inside, she told her mother and husband what Inuyasha wanted - and what her idea was, and her mother smiled, handing her some money.

"I think that's a wonderful idea, dear. Souta," she called, waiting for the teen to land in the kitchen, she directed him to go with Kagome, and within minutes, the two were gone.

Sesshoumaru glanced at Hitomi. "How did you know that I wanted someone to go with her?"

She shook her head, an amused light in her eyes. "The look on your face - you did not look too pleased at the idea of her going off alone."

He nodded. "Then I thank you for your consideration."

A little while later, the two appeared at the top of the shrine steps, Kagome carrying a bunch of tiny pink and white flowers, and as soon as she topped the steps, she headed for the god tree, knowing that was where Inuyasha would be perched.

The moment she stepped beneath its boughs, he landed in front of her, and he wrinkled his nose when he saw what she held.

"Feh... shoulda known it would be flowers. So... what the heck do these mean?" he asked.

"These are - funny enough - spider flowers," Inuyasha rolled his eyes, "and they mean 'elope with me'. Couldn't get any plainer than that, right? Kanna's been reading my little flower book along with Rin, so, tell her what these are, and let her figure it out - she will, and probably fairly quickly, too."

Inuyasha stared down at the flowers in his hand, then looked up at Kagome. With a grateful smile, he hugged her, a bit awkwardly, and then took off, heading for the well with a nervous rush of energy - leaving Kagome standing behind him, smiling a bit wistfully.

She started a little when she felt an arm come around her, then smiled and leaned back into her husband's warmth.

"I assume you found what you wanted, and he is off to propose running away with the void youkai?" he asked, and Kagome nodded.

"Yeah. I bet what'll happen is, once she says yes, and she will, they'll get Miroku to do a simple blessing... I can guarantee we won't be able to find them come tonight," she sighed happily.

Sesshoumaru looked down at the crown of his wife's head, and asked quietly, "Any regrets?"

She turned in his arms, smiling up at him, and he could see the truth in her eyes, but she said it anyway.

"Nope, not a one."

He lowered his head and nuzzled her cheek, then pulled away. "We should be leaving now, miko - we still have the trip home to get through."

With that, he tugged her forward, and Kagome glanced back once over her shoulder to the blemish on the tree, where her friend had been pinned for so long.

Be happy, Inu... that's all I ever wanted for you - and Kanna, too.

Then she turned, and followed her husband back into her mother's house to say their goodbyes.

Time to go home.

---oOo---

A/N: Gotta get Inu and Kanna settled, and Miroku and Sango, too, ya know!

I wanted to thank whoever nominated this story for Best Romance, and Best Kagome portrayal over on Dokuga - and all those who voted. I am more honored than I can say that this fic took second for Best Kagome portrayal, and third for Best Romance! I was so excited when I saw that, that I was almost in tears... and the fact that I'm doped up on pain meds didn't even hinder my enjoyment.

Thanks again to all the wonderful readers, and reviewers, and all those who voted.

Amber