InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Joys of Parenthood ❯ Test Anxiety ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
Test Anxiety by SunsetMiko [Drabble #121] - Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal
Theme: scarlet
Genre: Humor, Romance
Rating: PG-13, for insinuation
Warnings: none
Word Count: 400
Summary: Suspicion turns to knowing.
Note: This was written LAST January and I'm just getting around to posting it now. Sorry!
The first few days she suspected. After more than a week she knew. Still, it took more than two weeks before she drew up the nerve to find out for sure. She hadn't told him, but he seemed to suspect it as well. He knew her cycle as well as she did and what should have happened hadn't.
Finally Kagome bought the test, but even then she didn't want to take it. It was almost like she was afraid to know for sure. What would he say? Was she ready for this? How in the hell could she handle two of them when one was running, well, crawling circles around her. She was miserable the last time and she'd been able to nap whenever she wanted, could sit all day long with her swollen feet up, and if things didn't get done right away it wasn't a big deal. Now, however, a little person depended on her to do everything for him. She had to feed him and change him and play with him, and napping was simply out of the question. How could she survive this?
It took encouragement from Sesshoumaru before she gave in and peed on the stick. Watching it develop was nerve-wracking. One line became visible and after a minute another did as well. Two lines. She was pregnant again. Her son was seven months old and she was pregnant again. It took everything she had not to burst into tears as she showed the test to her mate. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her sweetly.
“Everything will be fine,” he said, as if he'd been listening to everything going on inside her head.
“But… but… how can we do this? Just one is hard. Two? Two in diapers? Two in car seats?”
He smiled at her. “You are an incredible mother and this would not have happened if it were not meant to.”
“How did this even happen? This is your fault, you know. Why couldn't you keep it in your pants?”
A silver eyebrow lifted at her and his smile turned into a playful smirk. “I don't remember you complaining at the time. In fact, I do believe it was you who instigated things.”
Kagome's cheeks turned a brilliant red at his words. “Nuh-uh.”
“Just think, my mate. You cannot get pregnant again. Think of all the fun we can have.”