InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Prepare for the Fight Scene ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

Woops! Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I was doing a million things at once. Conditioning for the upcoming track season, a math project, Chemistry work… You know the drill but here is your chapter! YAY FOR YOU IF YOU WERE WAITING IN SUSPENSE!

Previously…

"You are a very good listener. I am sorry that I will have to end your profession at this time," Miroku stated, his mouth forming into a confident smirk as his staff when into position.

"You are a smooth talker. I can't wait to see what you've got," The youkai replied just as cheekily, his own mouth perking at one side as his eyes flashed with anticipation.

"Attack," Miroku cried.

~*~

Chapter Nine:

The youkai lunged at Miroku, hoping to catch him off guard on his upper body but the young man was well prepared. He fought him off with his staff, sending him backwards. His opponent did a back flip to regain his balance and got low in a crouching position, the cocky smirk still evident on his face.

"Not bad," He said with mock complementation and stood up again. "Now it's your turn." Miroku's eyes narrowed and he, with very well controlled speed, thrust his staff forward in many directions at once, creating somewhat of an illusion. Luckily the masked youkai had better senses than that. It would have rendered any normal human unconscious but not him.

Miroku's opponent starting falling back a little, the staff coming awfully close to striking him as he still attempted to ward him off. He was coming awfully close to the edge of the Cliffs of Death and he looked back to verify that. "You are very skilled," He said in a pent up voice as he was blocking his face.

"Thank you. Being angry and wanting revenge has helped me," Miroku replied, his cheeks and mouth set in a naughty grin. This was almost too easy but he could not complain. Who could best him after all of his hard work?

"Yes, I can tell," The youkai wheezed and dodged an incoming thrust from the staff. "But, there is something that you don't know my friend," He added, all movement stopping on both sides.

"What is that?" Miroku asked.

"Got you!" The youkai laughed and grabbed for the young man's staff, snapping it in two with now effort at all. Miroku gawked, looking at the splintered pieces of wood in his opponent's hands.

"THAT was dirty!" He shouted and glared. The youkai shrugged minutely.

"Don't tell me that that is your only mode of combat. If it is, you're very boring," The man who was disguised shot back.

"It's not," Miroku replied stiffly.

"Oh, good," With that, the youkai started to circle around Miroku as if teasing and taunting him. Daring him to attack. "Come on now. Don't be such a sore loser," He chided.

"I never lose!" The young man shouted. "You're unarmed, are you not?"

"Yeah," The youkai answered, keeping his guard up. "What is it to you?"

"This!" Miroku, faster than the youkai could comprehend, (A/N: it must have been pretty fast if it didn't register to youkai vision…) drew a dagger and cut the strings to his opponent's pants. The stranger, not understanding what had just happened, crossed his arms and eyed the young man skeptically.

"What did that do?" The youkai asked in husky amusement. Miroku only chuckled. "What's so funny?"

"I know something that you don't know, friend," The young man said through smothered laughter. "You'll never get a woman if you keep wearing underclothes such as though. They've long gone out of style."

"Huh?" Looking down, Miroku's opponent gasped and re-tied his pants, fixing a look of death towards him. "You said what I did was dirty. You just cut my trousers down!"

"All is fair in love and war," Miroku replied, clearly and thoroughly amused.

"Who says we're in love?" The youkai barked and without holding back, attacked Miroku, rendering him to the ground in one graceful movement.

"Well," Miroku said, short of breath because there was a very built youkai straddling his midsection. "I suppose you could say we are in love because of our compromising position, except it would never work between us. For alas, I am a human and you are a youkai…" He finished with dramatic tones. The youkai rolled his eyes.

"I didn't really want to kill you but I don't want you following me so," The youkai started to say and adjusted his grip on the young man's neck, "no hard feelings, friend." He pressed the pressure point on Miroku's neck and watched as the man fell unconscious. Standing and dusting himself off, the youkai sniffed the air, locking onto the scents of a very strong Inuyoukai, two human women and one half-breed.

He started on the trail with great speed, his mouth set in a determined line.

Ending Writer's Corner:

Sorry for such a short chapter. I'll put another one up later today, most likely, but I've been swamped with homework and I'm trying to do a million things at once . Well, until next chapter! Oh yeah! How was the scene? Did you like how I twisted in around?