InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Face off Between Youkai ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

Here's another chapter for ya! Here's a little insight (Sesshomaru vs. Unidentified Youkai). Ooh! ¿Es muy interesante, no? Well, ONTO THE STORY!

Previously…

"I didn't really want to kill you but I don't want you following me so," The youkai started to say and adjusted his grip on the young man's neck, "no hard feelings, friend." He pressed the pressure point on Miroku's neck and watched as the man fell unconscious. Standing and dusting himself off, the youkai sniffed the air, locking onto the scents of a very strong Inuyoukai, two human women and one half-breed.

He started on the trail with great speed, his mouth set in a determined line.

~*~

Chapter Ten:

Naraku sat, hidden by a mass of boulders, watching to see if Miroku was to be coming at any recent time. What is taking him so long? His thoughts came to a screeching halt when he saw a black figure wearing tan approaching. He let out a stream of vicious oaths that made Sesshomaru's head turn to look at him. "Miroku was defeated apparently. Blast him for a worthless human!" He snarled and then turned, eying Sango and Kagome. Sango was sitting quietly while Kagome was bound and gagged, her eyes covered. She struggled and made various sounds of frustration as she attempted to free herself.

"Sesshomaru, stay here and fight the youkai. I shall take Sango and the princess with me," he told the Inuyoukai, hefting Kagome into his arms cradle style and then pulled Sango along by a rope leash he had made (A/N: he's treating her like a dog!).

"How would you like him slaughtered? Shall I cut him into tiny pieces or should I leave in one piece?" The tall and deftly beautiful Inuyoukai asked, amusement tinting his deep baritone voice.

"Don't toy around with him. Just kill him and catch up to me when you are through," Naraku replied promptly, his voice harboring no argument or compromise. Sesshomaru growled lowly in his chest as he watched the hanyou dragging Sango along and carrying Kagome in a very unsafe way.

When this is all over with that half-breed will die by my hands, I swear it, he thought and slowly went to go hide, masking his presence and his scent from the approaching youkai. He smirked. If he murdered Miroku with no trouble at all then he will be a fine opponent.

The youkai in disguise slowed his running to a walking pace, his eyes scanning the area and his nose smelling for any trace of evidence that the creatures he was following had been there. They had in fact, probably about ten minutes before. He was about to stride after the trail or scent they had left when his ears caught a very quiet whooshing sound from behind him. Taking heed to his instincts, he ducked and rolled, kicking up in the air when he saw a white blur in his vision. He contacted something solid and sent it hurdling backwards. He leapt off the ground into a fighting stance, his eyes narrowed as he inspected the youkai who had attacked him.

"Ah. I did not suspect that you would sense my presence until it was too late," Sesshomaru said emotionlessly, his stone façade in place.

"Really now? I almost missed it. Lucky for me I've got good ears," The mysterious youkai in disguise replied, smirking a little. He was slightly short of breath.

"Yes, I realize that. You've also done a marvelous job of masking your scent. Only Inuyoukai are able to do so," The Inuyoukai said in a calculating manner, realizing that with superb hearing and his technique of hiding his aura and scent proved that the masked youkai was indeed an Inuyoukai also.

"Yeah, I suppose we are," The stranger replied. "So what're we going to do now?"

"My orders were to kill you without toying with you, but we both know that there would be no notion of entertainment if we were to battle in that fashion," Sesshomaru supplied, a small wind picking up sending his pure white locks in all directions.

"Yeah, I see where that would be rather boring. So… Let's go," The Inuyoukai in disguise answered, a fangy smirk appearing at his lips as he motioned for Sesshomaru to make the first move.

So the battle began, Inuyoukai against Inuyoukai. Blinding speed against blinding speed. Skill against skill. Sesshomaru had not expected this youkai to be his equal in every aspect of demonic power. He was nearly outraged but he contained himself. This youkai is toying with ME… Not the other way around… he thought angrily as he discovered that conclusion. "You will never defeat me. I have slain sixty mortals at one time," Sesshomaru chuckled as his eyes narrowed in blood lust. Yes, he was going to make sure he was going to slaughter this youkai, even if it meant he would have to revert to his true form for aid.

"Well, I'm not a mortal am I?" His opponent returned, laughing and disappeared from Sesshomaru's vision all together. Sesshomaru looked around swiftly, unable to detect anything until two strong arms wrapped around his throat in a death lock. He gasped for air, his eyes gleaming red as he scratched and clawed at his opponent.

Impossible! Impossible… The proud Inuyoukai thought as his world went black. The youkai in disguise dropped Sesshomaru, turning him over. He was still alive, that was for sure.

"He's going to be really pissed off when he wakes up…" He muttered as he started to run towards the staling trail of scents. He was getting closer. Soon, he would have what he had come for.

Ending Writer's Corner:

How'd you like that chapter? The face-off between Sesshomaru and the Masked Inuyoukai! Dun dun dun… In the next chapter there's gonna be some HEAVY fluff so have your pillow and your Kleenexes ready. Hehehehehe . Oh yeah and just for warning, many things happened and they will be explained. (Oh boy! I bet you're gonna be all dying to read the next chapter aren't you?)