InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Naraku Defeat and Love Reunited ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

All right folks! We're getting close to the moment of truth. But first…

Who is the mysterious youkai in disguise?

What is he after?

Is he hot or not?

Have fun pondering that (even though most of you already know the out come of what is going to happen)

Major fluff and a little bit of lime up ahead so buckle your seatbelts! ;)

Previously…

"Well, I'm not a mortal am I?" His opponent returned, laughing and disappeared from Sesshomaru's vision all together. Sesshomaru looked around swiftly, unable to detect anything until two strong arms wrapped around his throat in a death lock. He gasped for air, his eyes gleaming red as he scratched and clawed at his opponent.

Impossible! Impossible… The proud Inuyoukai thought as his world went black. The youkai in disguise dropped Sesshomaru, turning him over. He was still alive, that was for sure.

"He's going to be really pissed off when he wakes up…" He muttered as he started to run towards the staling trail of scents. He was getting closer. Soon, he would have what he had come for.

~*~

Chapter Eleven:

"Damn it, Sango," Naraku cursed at the young woman and he shoved her back. She hugged herself, shuddering a bit. "What is the matter with you today? You're not submissive."

Tears stung in the young woman's eyes. She should have been strong. She should have. "I don't think what you are doing is right. To Lady Kagome, I mean," she whispered, dressing herself. Naraku eyed her smugly, his crimson orbs narrowing in malice.

"And what are you going to do to stop me? I have a war to create, my dear, and there is no chance that slaves like you will even come close to stopping me from doing so," He shot at her, his deep voice cool and harsh.

"Naraku! Let me go!" Another feminine voice rang out. Kagome struggled to free her hands and legs but couldn't. The hanyou turned to look at her and then rolled his eyes. "Untie me you malevolent bastard!"

Two dark eyebrows rose slightly at her language but he chuckled in perverse amusement. "What luck. I have two young women that I can have my fill of lust with and they are sitting here, ordering me around like I would listen to them," Naraku mused, his hand tangling roughly in Sango's hair. She winced and moaned slightly at the tugging at her scalp but it ceased quickly when a large but strong hand grasped Naraku around the wrist in the blink of an eye and hurled him backwards.

"Get out of here!" The youkai in disguise yelled in her face, shoving her along for emphasis. "What are you? Stupid? Run while you can!" Nodding dumbly, Sango got to her feet and took off. Naraku let out a stream of curses and while the opposing youkai was freeing his Sango, he pulled Kagome into his arms and pressed one of his dangerous and miasmas tentacles to her soft throat.

The mysterious youkai whirled and saw the picture, freezing instantaneously. Eerie laughter emitted from deep in Naraku's chest. The unknown creature took a step forward but ceased moving again when he heard Kagome inhale sharply from the added pressure to the tentacle at her throat.

"If you continue to move she will be dead before you can even reach me, youkai," The hanyou chuckled, crudely burying his nose in her soft raven locks. The disguised man's hands curled into fists at his actions, a low growl escaped his lips.

"Stop it…" She managed but could not struggle to emphasize her point for if she did, she would be done for. "Help…" she whispered.

"Let her go," The youkai said in a husky voice that booked no argument but Naraku would have none of it.

"I don't think so. I kidnapped her so I could make war between Gilder and Florin, stranger. If you want a princess, go and find your own," He finished, his red eyes fixating on the youkai's face, gauging any reaction whatsoever. Nothing surfaced.

"What about a compromise?" The mysterious Inuyoukai asked, annoyance starting to weave into his voice.

"Compromise what? I lack your skill on the battlefield save for my tolerance of miasma," Naraku replied.

"Miasma can kill anyone. Why do you consider yourself special?" The stranger questioned, his voice now holding an air of wonder.

"I can last longer than you, I assure you," Naraku shot smugly and arrogantly. This youkai thought that he could withstand miasma longer than he? He must have been joking.

"We will see," The youkai in disguise, replied smoothly with confidence.

Kagome had listened to the entire conversation. Someone was going to die. She felt herself being hefted and placed on the ground by Naraku, probably a distance from where they were going to test their poison tolerances. She could not see but she knew that something was going to be terribly graphic so she was thankful for her blindfold.

"We will use my miasma to test this fact. I will insert two fingers in my chest and two in yours," Naraku said, his voice filled with amusement. "Whoever lives after a while of the miasma treatment has claims on the princess."

"All right. May the best youkai win," The mysterious youkai replied, wincing as Naraku dug his claws into his chest a bit and watched the pained expression go across his own face when he inserted his claws.

"I plan to," Naraku shot, his eyes narrowing as he held gaze with his opponent. Then, he let loose his miasma. The purple liquid flowed from his fingers into their bodies, decaying their insides. Both of them could feel it slightly. No emotion played across the youkai's face as the minutes passed. Naraku could feel his breathing heave slightly. How long was he to keep this up? "Has… It been… long enough…" Naraku growled through clenched teeth as his vision started to go blurry.

"Y…yes…" His opponent whispered weakly, his knees heaving slightly. With that, Naraku withdrew as fast as he could and pulled himself to stand straight up, so not to show that he was in serious pain. "I win," The audacious youkai whispered making Naraku snarl.

"What do you mean, `you've won'?" The hanyou roared but then his eyes widened, and his body melted into a purple pool of liquid. The disguised youkai looked down at it, spit in it, and then jumped over it, running over to where Kagome was bound and tied up.

Light flashed in Kagome's eyes for a brief second when the blindfold was removed, making her squint. Her rescuer then hauled her to her feet. She looked him over, unable to see any details of his appearance. All she knew was that he was a great deal taller than her and he was lean and muscular. "How did you survive that?" She asked as he started to pull her along by her arm at a very rigorous pace.

"I was injected with a poison antidote on one of my many travels, princess," He shot back, his voice neutral and somewhat cool. "Come on, we have to keep moving," he added gruffly.

Kagome made a small sound of disappointment which made the youkai's head whirl to glare at her. She quickly composed herself, attempting to keep up with him although her legs felt like they were going to collapse.

**

"Lord Koga! They've gone this way!" A slightly aged youkai with vivid blue eyes called to the young Wolf youkai lord. He observed the area once again, noting the smell of youkai although it was disguised and a scent that he could not identify. Why do I recognize such an odor coming from a human? He thought, catching up to his lord.

"Damn it all! How did she get taken away without my notice, Akira?" Koga griped as he and his long trusted advisor tracked down the trail of scents.

"You let her ride off on her own, just like I had told you not to," The elder youkai replied.

"Damn… Well, it seems that the man went off that way," Koga muttered, his eyes going to the east, "But the guy who defeated him went off that way…" His blue eyes now shifted north and his nose caught the stale smell of Kagome. "We've got to find her!" He shouted and took off in that direction, hoping to find his fiancé.

**

The two travelers arrived at a place where there was a huge landfall that spanned down about 80 feet. It was very frightening to look at and Kagome didn't like the change of scenery. It was very uncomfortable, running and being insulted by a stranger in a dangerous place like this.

"Sit down," He ordered, shoving her onto the ground so she could rest. Kagome rolled a bit but then came to a stop, glaring daggers at him.

"Once Lord Koga finds me, you despicable youkai, he's going to have you cut into a million pieces and then fed to his wolves," She spat acidly at him, watching as he chuckled mockingly at her.

"Hallow threats. Do you expect me to believe that your lover would be able to do anything like that to me?" He said between laughs but he growled when she stood, reached up and slapped.

"I never said I loved him you supercilious-" She began to gasp but cringed in pain when he clutched her around the wrist, turning with controlled strength.

"Maybe you cannot love. Have you ever thought of that, wench?" He whispered in her ear, his voice husky and cold. Kagome shuddered quickly but remembered she was still upset.

"I was in love once but he was killed shortly after. You have NEVER known what I have known!" She screamed at him but was rewarded when his hand contacted with her cheek. She clamped her lips together, muffling a sob as she contained her tears.

"Don't speak about my life unless you've been given permission or else you'll find yourself in a whole lot more pain then just that simple slap," He warned but quickly whirled around. "Something is coming…"

"Yes, I know," Kagome seethed when he let go of her. He was too distracted to notice anything and she felt her anger explode. "The fire's of hell are coming for you!" she shouted and pushed him as hard as she could, watching with satisfaction as he rolled ruggedly down the steep hill.

"YOU MORONNNNN!" He yelled as he continued to roll down the hill, his mask flying off revealing long silvery hair. Kagome froze. That voice… the way he said it… That hair! HE WAS ALIVE!!!

"Inuyasha!" She gasped and dove forward, toppling after him, passing him up as he finally pulled the brakes for his own body. She skidded to a stop near the bottom, feeling lightheaded and strangely upbeat. She inhaled raggedly, her back aching and her head hurting slightly but she felt joyous. He was alive! She heard rustling next to her and she saw a blurry figure approach her and pulled her into his arms.

"What the hell did you do that for you stupid girl?!" He yelled in her face, his amber eyes flashing.

"YOU yelled at ME, Mister-" She broke off when she gave him a closer look. She observed his features but there was something different about him. His voice was deeper… He was taller… His doggy ears were gone! She reached up and traced the markings that now adorned his cheeks and his pointed ears that were on each side of his head. "What… what happened to you?" she whispered as she watched him lean into her hand, growling mutely.

"On one of the explorations, I snuck away from the crew while we were in search of treasure. I came across a pink orb called the Shikon no Tama. Markings on the wall said that it granted the finder one wish, may it be evil or good. I wished that I could become a full fledged youkai so I could come looking for you without any trouble or physical needs," He replied, his eyes expressing how much he had missed her. "You look older, Kagome," he whispered, tracing her face gently and running his fingers through her hair that had grown longer and had tamed to be much softer than before.

Kagome held his face in her hands, tears brimming in her eyes. He was here, and alive! "Inuyasha… I've missed you so much," she said shakily, tears spilling over her cheeks. Inuyasha claimed her lips in a brutal kiss, his tongue corroding her mouth, remembering her feel.

Kagome moaned into his mouth and their tongues began to make love. Her hands were lost into the shirt he was wearing, tracing his accentuated musculature and his firm body. Instinctively, Inuyasha crawled between her legs, breaking away from her mouth panting. Kagome was short of breath and dizzy as she felt him kiss a trail down her neck to the opening of her kimono.

"Kagome…" he whispered, his voice husky with love and lust. He had wanted nothing but her for the past two years. He had ached to be with her.

"Yes…" she replied, ecstasy high in her voice. She felt Inuyasha gently side her kimono top off and the rest, his large hands massaging her soft flesh sending shots of pure pleasure through her.

"I love you Kagome," He told her, his amber eyes dark as he slid his own clothes off. "I want you to become my mate…"

"Always Inuyasha. I'm yours," she whispered in his ear and they made love to each other, on the floor of the ravine. Two lovers now reunited again.

Ending Writer's Corner:

Wow… Maybe it got REALLY lime-y at the end. Woops… But you can't really complain. I mean this IS the reuniting of lovers bound under the spell of true love, right? REVIEW! Was their scene okay? Did I make it romantic enough? (I apologize for the strong lime guys! Don't kill me!)