InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Inuyasha's Death ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

The story is coming to an end! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But wait! The ending is… Happy so I guess I'll be happy! And so will you readers! YAY! WE WIN! I'm planning on getting everyone in this story so don't worry and you know what? I was planning to have Totosai as Miracle Max and Kaede as his wife (the witch! Hehehehe). Well, enough of my rambles and ONTO DUH CHAPPIE-TER! (No I did not just drink Mountain Dew! What are you talking about?)

Previously…

"INUYASHA!" The foolish wolf youkai that had taken his Kagome away yelled, running like a blur into the room. Inuyasha's eyes shot open as he watched his enemy. Lord Koga ran to his side, and glared angrily in his face, his eyes were red. Lord Akira and Jaken stepped away for fear of being torn to shred by their ruler. "YOU did this! It's YOUR fault! I am not a coward! Kagome is MINE and MINE ALONE!" He screamed, running to the lever on the machine, shifting the gears to the highest level.

"OH KAMI-SAMA! NOT 100!" Lord Akira shouted in alarm.

~*~

Chapter Seventeen:

Instantly, Inuyasha's limp form sprung to life and began to tremble as the machine was roared to its maximum power. His eyes shot open and his mouth screwed together as he attempted to keep his cries of pain at bay. His body… It was melting and burning inside! SHIT SHIT SHIT OH KAMI-SAMA! He screamed in his mind because he refused to expose his weakness.

Lord Akira watched in horror as his machine was just getting warmed up. He saw the Inuyoukai's fixed look of determination not to cry out and felt a bit of pity. You're going to die you fool. This is nothing. Wait until my machine is finished warming up… he thought shaking his head.

Lord Koga watched the scene with pure malice and delicious content. He wanted to see his die. It was his fault all of this had started. If Inuyasha had never shown up then this wouldn't have been happening. "I'm going to go see my fiancée Akira. Get him out of here when he's dead," he said over his shoulder as he left.

"Jaken, I suggest you get back," Lord Akira told the toad in warning as the both of them went to go and seek shelter under a nearby table. Then, real action began.

A blue light started emitting from the chords and wires that were fastened into Inuyasha's body, drawing out his blood and life. The table shook and the Inuyoukai's body arched off of the table unnaturally as the machine began to vibrate and smoke. "Kami-sama…" Jaken whispered in shock and awe. The machine let out a high-pitched sound, high enough to do damage to excelled youkai hearing. Lord Akira and Jaken clamped their hands over their ears but Inuyasha could not. His hands were bound to the table. Blood started to flow from the core of his ears because his eardrums had ruptured. Then, his body started to shake in time to the vibrating chords, his mouth open wide. He refused for sound to come out.

Inuyasha was in more pain than he had ever experienced in his entire life! He was helpless, paralyzed and he felt his entire body being broiled from the inside to the outside. I won't scream! I WON'T! He yelled inside his mind as tears streamed down his cheeks. He felt spine crack and he began to feel light-headed. No… No…Kagome! His back folded and he felt his pelvis snap in two, his waist taking on a misshapen appearance and the bone of his pelvis broke through the skin piercing his manhood all the way through. Through his open mouth, the Inuyoukai let out a cry of pain and helplessness that was heard throughout all of Florin.

**

Kagome's eyes shot open as a cry, pure and tortured, echoed through the night. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, yawning as she did so. What was that? She wondered as she shrugged and lay back down, readjusting herself to go back into a world of slumber.

**

"It's him!" Sesshomaru hissed to the humans who had been startled out of their sleep by a roar that had pierced the calmness of the forest. Before Sango and Miroku could as who `him' was, the Inuyoukai was gone.

Sesshomaru followed the sound, using his extended hearing and found a clearing in the forest where a large tree was located. This is where the sound is coming from, but where is the Inuyoukai? He thought, deciding that it probably would be a good idea to go and retrieve his two compatriots that he had so unceremoniously left behind.

**

Lord Akira and Jaken, who had now regained their composure from the extremely gruesome sight they had just witnessed, stood and approached the scorched and damaged table. "He is dead," The blue youkai told the toad, motioning for him to discard of the body. "Lord Koga will be proud. It is a shame though," He mused, sliding the lids of Inuyasha's eyes. His heinous machine had just murdered him and he was slightly amused. "He was a rather good specimen, I must admit."

"Shall I dump his body in the filth on the outskirts of town, m'lord?" Jaken asked, sliding the Inuyoukai's mangled and broken body onto a wheelbarrow where his limbs hung about in a discarded and rather morbid fashion. "WHEW! He's only just died and he stinks like hell has taken him!" The toad youkai complained as he pushed the wheelbarrow along.

Lord Koga, surely you could not have been so angry with Kagome calling you a coward in comparison to Inuyasha. There must have been something else fueling your ire, Lord Akira thought as he ascended the steps from the Pit of Despair. There was something else bothering the younger wolf youkai and he was going to find out what it was.

**

"Here? That horrible scream that came from the Inuyoukai we are searching for is located here?" Sango asked, sardonic tones in her voice. "Sesshomaru, are you quite sure that your ears are working properly? There is only a tree here."

Sesshomaru growled lightly in her direction, testing the air for any trace of the mysterious youkai's scent. He did not catch his scent but he caught a fresh whiff of death that was steadily drawing closer. "Get down," he whispered, pulling Miroku and Sango down by the backs of their cloaks. "Someone is coming…"

As they hid in the bushes, they saw a toad youkai pushing a wheelbarrow exit a hole that appeared in the center of the large tree. The contents of the wagon were that of the youkai who had been the object of their search. Sango and Miroku let out sounds of disappointment and rage flickered in Sesshomaru's eyes. The toad whirled around and stared at the bushes they were hiding in.

"W-who's there?" He asked, his annoying voice irritating Sesshomaru.

"Please excuse me a moment," He whispered to his comrades as he stepped out into the open. "Give me the body of that youkai."

"Never! He does not belong to you and besides! He is dead! Can you not smell it?" The toad replied, trembling at the height and the strength of the Inuyoukai hovering over him.

"Yes, I smell it but I have use for him," Sesshomaru replied emotionlessly to the toad, startling him. He just stood with a stone façade, staring down at the little vermin in his path. Then, growing bored, he slapped the toad out of his way and into a far away tree, observing as its body slithered down the trunk and landed on the ground with a reserved `smack'.

"What are we to do with him now, Sesshomaru? He is dead," Miroku asked, standing up and went to the tall and powerful youkai's side. Sango joined him and reached out to touch Inuyasha cautiously, as if he would spring up and bite her at any second.

"He's beautiful… Even like this…" She said aloud, looking over his body in slight alarm but kept it at bay. "I believe that all Inuyoukai are beautiful."

Sesshomaru snorted and rolled his eyes but Miroku shot her a skeptical look. "And what of men? Do you think men are beautiful too?"

Sango returned his look but elevated one of her slender eyebrows. "Men like you? Hmm… Tough question…"

"Enough of your foolish antics, humans. I know of a place where we might be able to restore his life," Sesshomaru barked, silencing the flirtatious couple. Their eyes fixed on him in a questioning manner. "If we are to do this, we must go now."

"All right, let's go," Miroku answered him and helped heft the dead Inuyasha over Sesshomaru's shoulder.

**

"My lord?" Lord Akira asked, entering the younger youkai's chambers. He saw him shredding up one of his pillows with blazing red eyes. Blood was running down the deep gashes in his hands from his claws digging into his palms. "You were very angry when you came down to the Pit of Despair earlier. Kagome calling you a coward compared to Inuyasha could not have upset you that much." He came to sit by the wolf youkai, gently placing his hands over the hands that were tearing the fabric of the pillow. "What is really bothering you, my Lord Koga?"

Lord Koga ceased his anger and calmed a bit, even though the veins in his neck were still popping out. "She smells of him…"

"Yes, that would make sense. He spilled his seed into her when they mated," Lord Akira replied neutrally, encouraging the young lord to continue.

"It's not just that…" Lord Koga pressed on, swallowing as if he was dehydrated. He met Lord Akira's eyes, his cerulean blue flickering with anger and betrayal. "She has conceived his pup…" His fists clenched and his claws wedged even deeper into his already raw palms. "THAT is why I had to do what I did. It's not that she called me a coward and compared me to the likes of him… But that she will be heavy with his pup and not my own…" Sadness was evident in his husky voice. "If I have to…" He added, standing. "I will kill that abomination after it is born!"

"I understand my lord," Lord Akira told him. "Calm down and rest now. You have a big day tomorrow. You're going to be doing plans for your wedding."

"Yes," Lord Koga replied, flopping down on his large bed. "And is Inuyasha dead?"

"He is, my lord."

"Good…"

Ending Writer's Corner:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Update! Well, I had an ordeal earlier today but I'm alright! How have you all been?