InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Tenseiga and an Interrupted Wedding ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

Dun dun dun… I'm going to try and make this chapter really long so I can finish it. I hope this story can be one of those stories that maybe after a little while you'll have to come back and read it again. That would make me so happy! YAY! Well, ONTO THE STORY!!!!!

Previously…

"Yes, they're going to try and restore his life," Was the curt reply.

"Put guards at every wall and barricade the gates. He will not get in, interrupt my wedding steal my woman and kill me do you understand?" Lord Koga hissed through clenched fangs, fear rising in his gut.

"Yes, my lord," Lord Akira answered, shuffling down the hall passed the younger youkai.

Kami-sama… I'll be killed if he gets in here, Lord Koga thought to himself as he went to finish up the wedding plans with a fear filled gut and a sickening taste that began to rise in his mouth.

~*~

Chapter Nineteen:

Sesshomaru sat anxiously, his golden eyes darting around the exterior appearance of the sword smith's hut. It's been hours… Why has he not finished yet? He thought in boredom and exhaled deeply before his ears caught a distinct conversation coming from the side of the house. His pointed ears flicked in the direction as he listened without effort of the words exchanged between Miroku and Sango.

"What do you want from me, Miroku?" He heard Sango's melodic voice ask in innocent confusion. The proud Inuyoukai rolled his eyes, mentally calling Sango an idiot for not knowing Miroku's intentions. It was quite clear that he had been calling for her affection for quite some time now only to be squashed down when Naraku was claiming her body and rutting with her from time to time. Sesshomaru listened more intently, finding the conversation quite interesting for some odd reason.

Miroku let out a sigh and ran a frustrated hand through his hair, not knowing how to word what he was trying to say correctly. How could she not know? "Sango, you and I are both unmarried, correct?"

"Yes, but I hardly see how that applies to what you are saying- Oh…" The young woman gasped in realization, a blush caressing her cheeks. Sesshomaru didn't need to see her to know that she was getting slightly aroused. Her scent was dripping with embarrassment and the need of her womanhood to be fulfilled. "Miroku…" she said softly, her dark eyes shining in wonder. The young man could not meet her gaze.

"I do not know if you would have me. I do not think that I could please as well as a half-demon's vigorous pace ever could," Miroku told her softly. Sango's eyes filled with tears of happiness as she reached out and touched his cheek.

"I'm sure you could please more than that disgusting lusting beast Naraku could have ever done," she whispered into his ear when she pulled his head down so his forehead was resting on her own. "He hurt me every time…"

Miroku drew back slightly, meeting her momentarily pain-stricken eyes, his hand coming to rest over the smaller, softer hand beneath his own. "Sango… I wouldn't want to-" He was interrupted when the fingers of her other hand came to rest on his lips, silencing him. A small smile perked at her lips as the hand that was safely underneath the young man's slithered around his neck, pulling him closer to her.

"Making love is not painful unless you do not want it, Miroku. You wouldn't hurt me," she said softly into his ear, placing a small and chaste kiss upon his cheek, pulling back, her eyes full of emotion unspeakable. "I love you," she whispered, gasping when he gathered her in his arms forcefully, a shameless smile crossing her lips.

"Sango… My beautiful Sango…" Miroku groaned huskily in her ear as his hands ravaged up and down her clothed back, his lips finding hers as passion was found inside the both of them, deeper than either had expected. He inhaled sharply when her leg purposely nudged against his inner thigh, swallowing and clamping his eyes shut as he fought back a primitive instinct. "Not now, beloved… We're out where Sesshomaru can easily catch us in this compromising situation that we are in…"

"If he has not all ready heard all you have said," a deep baritone voice threaded into the wind. The couple broke apart when they saw his head peep around the corner at them, his golden eyes narrowed. "Really. Must you give off such a display in public? There are two old people inside and children all around. Do you not prefer privacy? The way you both smell is making me ill also so please calm your pheromones and your testosterone," the proud youkai added to them, nodding once and then disappeared around the corner.

"I don't care where we are but we should at least get a private hut, don't you think?" Miroku chuckled into her ear sending shivers down her spine.

"Shhh," she hushed him, putting a finger to her lips and mouthed, `Sesshomaru can still hear us'. The young man nodded and then kissed her hotly before shoving himself away from her, straightening his robes.

"Now that that is over with, I wonder how much longer it will take Lord Totosai to forge the sword?" Miroku stated, walking around the corner holding Sango's hand as he regarded a very bored Sesshomaru. "Do we smell better now?"

"You do, Miroku but Sango still reeks of arousal-" The Inuyoukai replied but was cut off when the door next to him opened swiftly. Lady Kaede regarded them from the doorway and bowed slightly.

"The sword ye wanted to be forged is completed. My husband has told me to call ye in," The old woman told them, stepping out of the doorway so the group of compatriots could step into the small hut. The three of them saw Totosai holding a newly forged sword that was glowing a magnificent white.

"Sesshomaru, you will be the wielder of this fanged sword. It is called the tenseiga. It will restore the youkai's life but not his strength. It is the best I could do with the time given to me," The old man regarded the group that had brought the mysterious Inuyoukai to him. "You must strike the sword all the way through his body and wait a bit for the magic to take its effect. He will be very aggressive when he wakes but that will not be fearful for he will have hardly any strength to move on his own."

"Thank you Lord Totosai for forging such a masterpiece for us," Miroku said politely, bowing and showing his respects. Sango mimicked the gesture but Sesshomaru stood proudly and took the sword that the sword smith was holding out to him.

"Are you sure it will work?" The Inuyoukai asked, his deep voice stony and impassive. Totosai nodded meekly but placed a smile on his face.

"There `ya have it! Your own sword! Time to go and kill Lord Koga now. Bye bye!" The old man exclaimed. "Gather up your youkai friend and get the hell out of- I mean please have fun with your slaughter when you leave my house!"

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes in irritation and picked Inuyasha up and slung him over his shoulder. "We will go. Our time had better not have been wasted waiting for this faulty sword, Totosai, or it will be your neck I will come for next," he stated in harsh tones over his shoulder. The door slammed promptly behind him as the three began at a vigorous pace to get to the castle.

"Sesshomaru, was that display back there completely necessary? You didn't have to threaten Lord Totosai's life like that. He did forge us a sword in under four hours, you know," Sango chastised the Inuyoukai in a reminding tone. The proud youkai just growled lowly in his chest, silencing her with a shrug. "All right then…" she mumbled as they continued on.

As soon as Totosai was sure the group that he had just forged a sword for was gone, he let out a pent up breath. "Kaede! Did you hear the way that stupid youkai threatened me? That is why I didn't want to forge the sword!"

"Oh, husband," the old woman sighed and put a hand to his shoulder. She then fixed him a wise but knowing look. "Will the sword's magic, work?"

"I don't know. We will have to see," Kaede's husband replied as they went to count the gold from the sack that Miroku had given to them for the payment of the sword.

**

"Damn it," muttered a slightly perturbed Miroku as he, Sango and Sesshomaru sat in hiding on a castle wall that overlooked all of the grounds. "There must be at least one hundred guards at every post…"

"Fool," Sesshomaru muttered. When he had both the young man and the young woman's attention, he cleared his throat while pointing to the mostly dead Inuyasha.

"He won't be able to fight though, Sesshomaru. There would be no point," Sango whispered, staring at the mostly dead Inuyoukai. Sesshomaru unsheathed the tenseiga and slashed it through Inuyasha's body. The humans fell back from the blinding light but Sesshomaru's eyes only squinted. The bright light began to fade away and they watched the broke bones and the torn tissue heal themselves. Then, his chest started to rise and fall ever so gently.

"Kagome! KAGOME!" Inuyasha began to roar but was silenced with a strong hand clamped over his mouth to muffle his cries. His eyes narrowed when he looked in recognition at all those who were present around him.

"I see your vocal chords are at perfect health," Sesshomaru stated, removing his hand.

"Why are you all here? Where's Kagome? Why can't I move? What happ-" Sango's hand smashed over Inuyasha's mouth this time as she tried to calm him down. He was working himself into a tizzy from all of the confusion.

"You are hiding on top of the castle of Lord Koga. Kagome and the wolf youkai are to be wed in about fifteen minutes. We need to get past the guards and inside to save her and then I shall go and find the youkai who slaughtered my mother," Miroku filled him in.

"How the hell are we supposed to get in? I'm kind of paralyzed here," Inuyasha replied sardonically after he had escaped Sango's hand, one of his thick eyebrows rose slightly. "There are a whole lot of guards down there…"

"We'll use our true forms to fend them off. You do not need to move, all you need to do is stand and fend them off by growling and such," Sesshomaru answered him. The two Inuyoukai looked at each other thoughtfully for a few moments before Inuyasha nodded.

"Hey! He nodded!" Sango said in surprise, parting some hair out of the paralyzed youkai's eyes. Inuyasha only snorted.

"I'm supposed to battle many hundreds of guards and slay a wolf youkai in order to save my mate and you think I should be happy about nodding?" He said to her in sarcasm. "Let's get a move on then if we've only got fifteen minutes!"

Sesshomaru nodded, he and Miroku escorting him down to where the heart of all the guards where located.

**

Kami-sama… This is hell on earth! Kagome thought as she was dragged into the large gathering room and shoved rather roughly into the servant youkai who was to escort her down the isle to where a very dressed up Lord Koga was standing. She swallowed but kept her face void of any emotion as she slowly walked down the isle in time with the slow waltz that was playing in the back round. She soon had interlocked her arms with Lord Koga and was looking distastefully at him, masking it well.

"Mawwidge. The cawze that bwings us togevah today whewe we awe going to expewience duh vows of howwy matwimony," the priest spoke, his voice rather untrained. It took every ounce of will power for all the occupants of the room to not laugh at the bad speaking problem he had. All of a sudden, there were raised voices and Lord Koga's arm tensed around Kagome's. The guards that had been stationed in the gathering room were summoned outside.

"Priest! Marry us, now!" Lord Koga commanded toward the elderly man, jerking Kagome close to him. She shoved against him slightly, not liking the way he was handling her.

"What do woo want me to say, Ward Koga?" the elderly priest asked.

"Call us man and wife! NOW!" The wolf shouted, silencing all the nervous chatter of the guests that had been invited.

"Man and Wife," The priest exclaimed, watching as the wolf youkai dragged his new so-called wife down the hall and threw her into her chambers. Lord Akira followed his lord, waiting for orders.

"Find out what the hell is going on out there and fix it! I won't have that Inuyasha taking my wife from me again!" Lord Koga shouted, storming down the hall to lock himself in his own chambers for he was afraid for his life at the moment.

**

Sesshomaru and Inuyasha, now in their true forms, were doing a splendid job of scaring away the guards of the castle. While Inuyasha intimidated them with feral snarls and roars, Sesshomaru took care of disposing of those who threatened to attack the other Inuyoukai. Miroku and Sango watched in awe but then, as soon as all of the guards were taken care of, Sesshomaru charged the castle doors and broke them down.

After Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had transformed, the proud youkai slung Inuyasha over his shoulder as he trailed the two humans as they made entrance into the castle. Miroku's eyes widened as his grip clenched on his staff at who was standing in the doorway. Sango looked between the two and wondered why Miroku looked so angry and shocked.

"My, my, Miroku. You've grown up. You still have that bratty stink about you that I just don't like. Your mother had it also," Lord Akira sneered, laughing haughtily at the young man when he heard a growl pass his lips.

"I am Miroku, son of Koharu, the woman whose heart and life you stole. Prepare to die a slow and agonizingly painful death while the satisfaction plays across my face for only your eyes. Come. Attack me…" Miroku said aloud to him, watching the surprise that washed the elder youkai's face.

Without saying a word, Lord Akira turned and fled before Miroku could fully register what happened. He was about to go tearing after when Sango grabbed his arm. A tear slid down her cheek. "Don't die on me, Miroku…" She told him and kissed him before shoving him in the right direction. "I believe in you!" she called after him, fear engulfing her.

"Ah, so Miroku has found the youkai, eh?" Sesshomaru asked, as he dragged Inuyasha. Sango nodded but was nearly knocked over when Miroku zoomed back.

"Sesshomaru! I can't find him! Track him for me! Please!" The young man shouted in supreme disparity. "I must find him!"

"If you must. Follow me," Sesshomaru replied, setting Inuyasha on the ground. "Watch him, Sango."

The young woman nodded, watching as they disappeared from her vision. Inuyasha growled on the floor. "What the hell am I supposed to do now? I'm never gonna find Kagome with no mode of transportation!"

"I'm sorry, Inuyasha. You'll just have to wait until Sesshomaru gets-" She gasped when a wolf guard appeared around the corner. Inuyasha's head whirled around as his eyes widened with surprise.

"Hey, woman. You smell real good…" The youkai mumbled, drunk and smelling strongly of sake. His balance was off and Sango made a run for it.

"I'm sorry!" She yelled over her shoulder as she attempted to flee. Inuyasha let out an exasperated sigh.

Well this sucks, he thought blowing out another breath as he attempted to crawl. I guess if you want something done right you've got to do it yourself. Now then. Let's see if I can crawl my way to Kagome's room…

Ending Writer's Corner:

EEEP! I had to keep the way the priest spoke the same! It's just so funny, am I right? That's like my favorite part. But anyway, the next chapter will be the last one. Tear! Tear! Sniff! Then there will be an epilogue after it! Hope you're excited for the next event filled chapter!