InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Avenged, Revenged and Happiness ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

We're getting to the end! The grand finale! The crème de la crème part… Let's just hope I do a good job! I'm so sad! The story will be completed after this chapter and the epilogue! NOOOOO… And yes in a way. That way there will be no more cliffhangers for readers! YAY!

Previously…

"Hey, woman. You smell real good…" The youkai mumbled, drunk and smelling strongly of sake. His balance was off and Sango made a run for it.

"I'm sorry!" She yelled over her shoulder as she attempted to flee. Inuyasha let out an exasperated sigh.

Well this sucks, he thought blowing out another breath as he attempted to crawl. I guess if you want something done right you've got to do it yourself. Now then. Let's see if I can crawl my way to Kagome's room…

~*~

Chapter Twenty:

"He's that way. Calm yourself human or you will not last long enough to avenge your mother's death," Sesshomaru called after Miroku's retreating form. As he watched him go, he returned to the spot where he had left Sango and the paralyzed Inuyasha. One eyebrow rose slightly as he trailed Sango's scent, realizing that she might need his assistance.

**

Miroku nearly tripped as he stomped up the staircase, following Sesshomaru's directions. The adrenaline was pumping madly through his veins as he approached a well-lit room. He entered swiftly but was quickly immobilized when a surging pain went through his entire body. Lord Akira, in the blink of an eye had flown into his path and delved his clawed hand into his midsection. Miroku coughed, his eyes wide in shock, pain and disbelief. Blood started to trail down his lip as he wheezed and hacked again, unable to stop the writhing torment in his gut.

"Fool. Dead before you could even try to defend yourself. Much like how your mother died, eh?" The youkai whispered craftily into the young man's ear, retrieving his hand swiftly from the body it had been buried in. Miroku spat up a stream of blood and fell back against the wall for support, breathing raggedly and sweating, as his vision grew blurry.

"I'm sorry… mother…" He whispered. Lord Akira chuckled darkly, wiping his bloodied hand on his robes as he gauged Miroku's next move.

"And yet again I win, I suppose. I should have finished what I started years ago. Do you remember that day? When I dismembered your body and left tattoos of memory?" The blue youkai sneered at the fatally wounded human. Miroku's eyes narrowed and his survival instincts and sheer will power kicked in. "I suppose you would. Now you can die and join your mother," he added, as he struck forward, surprised to be blocked by a brandished golden staff.

"I am Miroku, son of Koharu, the woman whose heart and life you stole…" Miroku wheezed, gaining his balance as he ignored the protest his body gave. Lord Akira's eyes widened but then he struck again, this time, the young man came over the top and slammed down on the youkai's hand, shattering the bone. He cried out in pain and growled, his fangs dripping with blue liquid as his eyes flashed red. "Prepare to die a slow and agonizingly painful death while the satisfaction plays across my face for only your eyes!" Miroku said, now shouting as he hobbled around the room, fending off the demon that had a broken hand and was fighting to get rid of him.

"SHUT UP!" Lord Akira roared, his claws extended fully as he lost all of his composure and let his youkai blood take over. Miroku could see that the demon's defined agility and grace had disappeared and he was now battling like a savage animal. He blocked all attacks that the furious blue youkai threw at him and knocked him back against the wall. Using what strength he had left, Miroku unsheathed a blade that was hidden in his robes and leapt on top of the youkai who had killed his mother just has he tried to leap up. Unfortunately, Akira's legs were in the pathway of the ferociously sharp sword.

He fell onto the floor in a puddle of his own blood, shocked that he could feel such pain. Lord Akira's eyes were menacingly wide as he gasped in disbelief at the displeasing scent of his own blood. His eyes returned to their normal shade of aqua and he held up his arms in surrender. Miroku came closer to him, holding the blade above him. "Please… Miroku… Child, do not do this…"

"Why shouldn't I? You slew my mother, beast, even when she begged for her life," The young man hissed through clenched teeth, forcing the blade up to the major vein in the youkai's neck, causing him to take a short air of breath.

"B-but you are compassionate… Let me go elsewhere, away from here so you will never know about me again…" Lord Akira pleaded, looking truly afraid. Miroku's brow was creased in anger but something flickered behind his eyes.

"You are right," He stated, stepping back. "I am compassionate. I will spare your life but get away from here and never grace my presence ever again," He finished, still holding the blade as he turned around weakly, his hand pressing his cloak into his wounds to staunch the blood flow as best he could. He started to walk away but Lord Akira grinned evilly.

"FOOL!" He roared as he used all the strength in his one arm to catapult what was left of his body onto the young man's, hoping to grab the sword and slaughter him. Miroku was not the fool the youkai claimed him to be for her knew that he would try to kill him after sparing him. He turned around with in a fluid motion and sliced Lord Akira in half, his blood splashing onto the ground.

Miroku dropped the sword, both hands now clutching his injury as he staggered down the steps feeling one and at peace with himself. You are avenged mother, and I have been revenged… He immediately thought of Sango and his steps quickened, despite how much pain he was in.

**

Kagome, angry as she ever would be, stormed out of the room she had been so carelessly thrown into and stomped down the hall to the armory room. There was no way in hell she would be used as a toy and be thrown around as such. Even if she was now married to the stinking beast. She cringed inwardly at the thought. She opened the door and blindly strolled in, reaching up to grab a small but well define dagger.

"I will not give myself to that wolf. He'll not touch me," She whispered angrily as she raised the knife to plunge it into her breasts. She was about to do so when she heard a snort from behind her. Her eyes widened in alarm. She whirled around and was speechless.

"What the hell am I going to fondle when I take you back with me, Kagome?" Inuyasha asked her sardonically as he lay, strewn about, in a corner on the floor. He had been too exhausted to find her room so he took refuge in the armory until he had a little more strength to make it further.

Kagome let out a cry of joy and flew into his body, knocking the air out of him. He gasped in pain for she was being rather rough. She started to kiss him viciously and tug at his clothes but his complaints stopped her. "Damn it! You're hurting me woman!" He barked, causing her to draw back and stare at him blankly. "Now. You can do all that you're doing, just be gentle!"

The young woman laughed and did as he said, pleased to know that he was not angry with her for doing what she had done earlier. "I'm sorry, Inuyasha. I'm married to him now. There's nothing I can do…"

"Nah, you're not married," The Inuyoukai replied, breathing in her heavenly scent, his nose twitching when he silky hair brushed against his nose.

"What do you mean? The priest was there-"

"It was rushed. I could hear it from the foyer. You weren't properly married, Kagome," Inuyasha told her smugly, with not but a bit of arrogance. "That's a good thing for me. I'll still have you all to myself."

"Inuyasha… I want to be in your arms…" She told him gently, snuggling into his chest.

"Well, I would hold you in my arms-" He stopped and growled, his amber eyes now narrowed from the new occupant of the room. Kagome turned her head slightly to see her so-called husband looking ready to kill in the doorway.

"How in Kami-sama's name are you still alive, Inu-shit?" Lord Koga snarled, stepping into the room more so.

"You may not believe this but I'm extremely hard to kill, wolf," Inuyasha spat back, flashing his fangs in warning. Lord Koga did not heed this warning. The wolf looked him over, seeing his position and crossed his arms.

"I could kill you now. You probably lack the strength to do anything," Lord Koga laughed but was silenced when the Inuyoukai on the floor let out a cruel chuckle. "What are you laughing at?"

"Just thinking about how I could maim you and make you live in misery for eternity. Every where you go, everyone, women and children will wonder what you are…" Inuyasha replied in a cocky manner as he smirked up at the youkai lord.

"What? You dare to speak to me that way?" Lord Koga roared, taking a defensive stance. "Just how do you suppose you are going to make be look hideous enough for children to be afraid? You probably cannot even stand!" He laughed, throwing his head back, overemphasizing his `triumph'.

"Can't I?" Inuyasha asked, motioning for Kagome to step back. She watched in bewilderment along with Lord Koga, who was feeling quite a bit of fear at this point, as the Inuyoukai got to his feet and lifted his hand. "Don't even try to run. I'll find you no matter where you go… And I. Will. Kill. You…" He hissed, his amber eyes narrow as slits.

The wolf gasped and dropped to his knees, knowing that if Inuyasha was after him, he would not last long. "I am at your mercy…" he whispered in shame and fear. Inuyasha laughed but then winced and his knees started to buckle. Kagome caught him, wondering what on earth was going on. Lord Koga was about to leap to his feet and kill him, seeing that it was only a bluff but Sesshomaru had chanced upon the argument and made an appearance in the room. Unknowingly coming to Inuyasha's aid.

His elegant hand wrapped around the wolf's neck as he held, twisting slightly so that Lord Koga went limp in his hand. He eyed Kagome, who was looking very shocked and not to mention sick, and Inuyasha who nodded to him gratefully. "I didn't know you were going to help me out."

"I wasn't. I just wanted him dead," Sesshomaru replied stonily. Sango burst through the doors, helping Miroku to walk for he was still losing a lot of blood.

"Hey! I remember all of you!" Kagome exclaimed, her eyes shining in recognition.

"Yes, that is all fine and good but we must leave. Now," Sesshomaru told them all as he opened the window. He jumped down onto the ground and transformed into his true form so that the three humans and one youkai could ride on his back.

As they fled from the castle, Kagome leaned onto a still weakened Inuyasha, watching Miroku and Sango whisper sweet nothings to each other. She couldn't hear what they were saying but the look on Inuyasha's face said she didn't want to know. "Inuyasha, what's happened? Why are you so… weak right now?" Kagome asked him gently.

"I was mostly dead. Lord Koga tried to kill me with this `Machine of Death' contraption but then these guys took me to see a sword smith who forged a sword of life," He replied and chuckled ruefully at Kagome's slightly confused expression. "All in all, it's a long story. That's really all you need to know," he finished, his amber eyes softening when he gazed at her face intently.

Kagome nodded and enjoyed the ride, leaning into Inuyasha's warmth. She closed her eyes and relaxed into him. Inuyasha was just happy to be near her again but now, she would be his and he would be hers. He blinked a few times and berated himself for not noticing a crucial thing like this before. Kami-sama? How long as she been heavy with my pup? He thought, but looked down at her peaceful and carefree face. I'd better just let her sleep for now and choose a better time to tell her… He thought as the rolling hills of the country scenery started to envelope them all as they rode on the back of an Inuyoukai in his true form.

Writer's Corner:

OMG! ALMOST DONE! NOOOOOOOOO! Stay tuned for the epilogue!