InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Rock Star ❯ The ghost of her past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Characters of Inuyasha © Rumiko Takahashi
 
Yume: w00t! I'm so excited that you guys like my story already!! *cries tears of joy* Omg okay so just a little inside peak to my “outside life” I'm on this stupid diet *angry* and today I just couldn't help myself…the ice cream… it just looked so...good!!! I just HAD to have it *cries in self-reproach* Well, onto the next chapter…AWAY!!!
 
Warnings: language, possible lemon in future chapters
 
~*~
 
The Rock Star
Chapter 2
The ghost of her past
 
~*~
 
Tokyo 2007
 
 
Kagome was sprawled out on her bed, exhausted from studying for the college entrance exams. She sighed, stretching out her body and rubbing her head vigorously, trying to calm the throbbing pain pounding in her head.
 
“Meow?” Buyo meowed, jumping onto her bed and rubbed his face against her cheek. Kagome scratched Buyo behind the ears until he began to purr.
 
“Buyo…you're purring reminds me of someone I knew. Why does that image of him still haunts me?” Just then the image of him standing there, tears glistening his face, rushed back to her. She buried her face into her pillow and screamed. “Why? Why did he have to do that? I mean…I DON'T love him! I DON'T!”
 
“Denial, the first stage of true love. Remember this m'boy, for this will too come in due time for you.”
 
Kagome whirled her head around to find her Grandpa and Sota standing at the door. Her Grandpa having his lecture finger up in the air and Sota nodding, hanging onto his Grandfather's every word.
 
“Hey! What do I look like…a dating for beginners: lesson video? GET OUT!” Kagome yelled, and both Sota and her Grandpa bolted out of her room in fear of their own good health.
 
 
~*~
 
Kagome slowly dragged her feet on the way to school. Every step she took she thought about Inuyasha. `It's been five years' she thought, `I wonder how he is'. The wind blew through the Sakura trees, their vibrant pink petals fluttering down onto her head.
 
“I never even got to say goodbye…” Kagome muttered, “I just wish I could hear his voice again.”
 
“Kagome!” A man's voice screamed.
 
Kagome whirled around, her heart leapt into her throat. Did she hear what she thought she just heard? She didn't see anyone. She must've been hallucinating.
 
“Kagome!”
 
This time she knew she wasn't hallucinating. She whirled back around, waiting for whoever was calling for her to show his face. She waited and waited till finally she saw someone running up the hill at her.
 
`Inuyasha…?' she thought.
 
“Kagome! Wait up!” A happy Hojo yelled, waving his arm in the air.
 
Kagome's heart sunk.
 
“Hey Hojo.”
 
“Hey, what's wrong? You look blue, are you not feeling well again? Did you have too much sugar this morning? You know too much sugar can kill you, you know-with your diabetes and all. Do you want some water?”
 
Kagome gritted her teeth together, “Thank you, and no, I'm fine.”
 
“Well that's a relief!”
 
`Note to self…KILL the old man.' Kagome thought, smiling sweetly at Hojo.
 
“Kagome! Kagome!” Sango screamed, running to her from behind Hojo. “Kagome! I have something to tell you!”
 
`Please don't tell me she's making me go on another blind date again…' Kagome thought.
 
“Kagome! You've got to see something?”
 
“What?”
“It's Inuyasha!” Sango exclaimed.
 
“What?!”
 
~*~
 
 
Sango raced down the city sidewalks with Kagome hot on her tail. Kagome was in such a rush to see Inuyasha she had totally ditched Hojo without saying “goodbye” or “see ya”. She knew she'd apologize to him later, but right now she just had to see if what Sango said was true. Was Inuyasha back in town?
 
There was a huge crowd outside Tokyo's theater. Cameras were flashing and girls were screaming and cheering as a limo pulled up to the side of the street, next to a long red carpet.
 
“C'mon, hurry!” Sango yelled, grabbing Kagome's wrist and pulling her through the crowd of people. Pushing them aside, trying to get to the front near the rope.
 
“Hey! Everyone wants to see him too! No cutting!” Somebody in the crowd yelled.
 
“Shut it!” Sango snapped as she pushed a little boy out of their way.
 
The limo door opened and every girl standing there screamed. A man with long silver hair stepped out of the limo. He wore a black muscled shirt, with black leather pants that shone brightly from the flashes of the cameras. He wore black bracelets and gold necklaces around his neck. Two small dog-ears peaked up in his hair. He smirked and winked at the crowd, the girls swooned.
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome whispered.
 
Suddenly, a woman stepped out of the limo. Her long raven hair was tied up in a high ponytail. She wore a gold v-neck shirt that exposed too much cleavage, and matching black leather pants. Gold chains were wrapped around her waist, and she wore glittering gold platform shoes. She looped her arm through his with a triumphant smile plastered on her face. If Kagome didn't know any better she would've sworn the woman looked almost identical to her.
 
“Inuyasha! Inuyasha! How does it feel to be the most famous rock star in all of Japan?” A reporter screamed, pushing against Kagome, extending his hand with the microphone.
 
“How'd you think it feels? Just glad to be back here in Tokyo.” He said with a sneer. He froze suddenly, staring at Kagome. He took a second to look her up and down, smiled, winked, and then continued on his way down the red carpet.
“He recognized you, I know it.” Sango reassured Kagome.
 
“Yeah…but he's got someone new now. I don't want to get in the way.”
 
“Nonsense! C'mon Kagome!” Sango yelled, grabbing her friend's hand and once again pushing their way through the crowd. She led Kagome around the building until they came to a back entrance.
 
“What do you think you're doing?” Kagome asked.
 
“You have every right to see him! So let's sneak in and see him!”
 
“You're crazy!”
 
“I know.” Sango said with a wink.
 
Sango swung open the door and dragged Kagome inside with her. It was dark and ropes hung from the ceiling, along with a big black curtain that was bunched up at the side of the stage. Perfect for Sango and Kagome to hide behind.
 
“C'mon!” Sango whispered, pulling Kagome behind the curtain.
 
“Baby, why did you stop and stare at that girl?” The woman Kagome saw with Inuyasha asked.
 
“Oh she just reminded me of someone I once knew.”
 
“Don't tell me…an old girlfriend?”
 
“Something like that.”
 
Kagome flinched.
 
“Well, she's in the past now.”
 
“Are you so sure, Kikyo?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
Kagome and Sango grew still, straining their ears to listen to every single word.
 
“You always loved to play hide and seek…” Suddenly the curtain was swept aside and Inuyasha was beaming down at them, “Kagome.”
 
 
~*~
 
Yume: Well that was chapter 2!!! Hope you'll enjoy it! Chapter 3 is soon to come so stay tuned!! Oh and please R+R!! I accept flames!