InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Soul of a Hanyou ❯ Lost to Time ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6- Lost to Time
 
Midoriko-So you've come for revenge Nianna, am I correct?
 
Nianna- You wretch! I've come for a taste of your blood that I have longed for since my birth. Why did you threaten the lives of my relatives? And spare only my father?
 
Midoriko stared long and cold at Nianna's face with all heart and pity.
 
Nianna- Answer me you wench!
 
Midoriko-You question my sparing your father's life?
 
Nianna- No I question you forcing him to imprison his kin inside a gem.
 
Midoriko-There is a reason for everything.
 
Nianna-Is that really the best you can come up with? (Smirk crossing her face and laughs sarcastically) you're no better than an ordinary miko, and that's low enough, too close to dirt.
 
Midoriko-My reason was for you.
 
Nianna-What in heck is that supposed to mean?
 
Midoriko-If I didn't do that so long ago, you wouldn't have been born, and change the life of two other hanyous in the future.
 
Nianna-What are you talking about?
 
Midoriko- For being the GREAT Nianna…I wouldn't stress the emphasis that much.
 
The young hanyou's eyes returned to their old blue, her nails to their original length and her hair to her relaxing shade of brown. Nianna flashed into the future and saw a silver haired hanyou and a mortal girl in (but she caught the scent of the girl and discovered that she too was a hanyou) a Sakura garden. There was a boy and a girl, both about the age of 16. Nianna saw the boy's face, it looked human enough, and he could've passed for mortal, if not for his long silver hair and dog-ears. But she could not get a view of the girl's face, Nianna strained to see, but could not. Until the girl turned her head towards the bushes in which Nianna was standing in and said “Nianna.” Nianna gasped not only that the girl had said her name, but that the girl looked exactly like her! Nianna quickly returned to the cavern in front of Midoriko.
 
Nianna-Who were those people?
 
Midoriko-The boy is the son of a great dog youkai.
 
Nianna-And the girl?
 
Midoriko-She is one of your reincarnations.
 
Nianna-And her name would be…?
 
Midoriko-The boy is Inuyasha, and the girl is Kayoko.
 
Nianna-But how did she know who I am, I mean, I only have telepathy because of the black diamonds, and so, how did she get them?
 
Midoriko-She was born with six black diamonds; your jewels will be embedded in your body on the other side. So naturally, they will appear on the bodies of your reincarnations when they are born. Though your body may carry the jewels…the jewels shall forever carry your soul.
 
Nianna-Yes well…I'm getting side tracked! I'll kill you no matter what! My blood burns through me for a taste of revenge!
 
The clash of complete opposite auras created a blinding light. Nianna was trying to attack with powers of darkness and Midoriko tried to purify the dark energy with her powers of light. Nianna was pulling ahead in the fight as she kept pushing Midoriko further and further to the cave wall. The miko was being trapped and she was running out of energy, but it didn't seem like the hanyou was. With her last bit of energy the priestess summoned her most powerful spell and caught the girl off guard. The purifying energy swept over Nianna as she screamed in defeat.
 
Midoriko was breathing heavily and collapsed onto all fours and as she looked up she saw the six black diamonds fall the cavern's floor with Nianna's soul sealed inside the last one to complete the number of demons in the jewel to 9 ½. The jewels were much to powerful now, tainted with the taste for blood Midoriko could not allow the diamonds to slip into the hands of those who would abuse it. So the miko wore the star necklace around her neck as she embedded the last one into her forehead. Her purifying aura kept the power of the jewels locked up and dormant. That is until the battle with the other demons and the birth of the Shikon No Tama caused the six black diamonds to be lost for as the sacred jewel burst from Midoriko, the diamonds disappeared never to be seen, that is until the birth of another hanyou.