InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Behind the Book ❯ Some Answers & a Kidnapping? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own InuYasha!

Review of last chapter: Kagome returned to Feudal Japan. Right after returning Kagome and her comrades move out after hearing rumors that might be related to Naraku. That night Kagome has a horrible dream that relates to the book. What could the dream mean? Will Kagome ever come out of her depressing mode?

Note: It took me a while to write this because I had midterms and then I have 3 tests I have to take for the state to see how well the teachers are teaching us. Ya, lots of fun (not) tests. Anyway, I also had a little bit of writer's block, but her it is, CHAPTER 4!!!!!!!!

The Truth Behind the Book

Chapter 4

Some Answers and a Kidnapping?!?

The day went on as normal. The group ran into a lot of demons, but none that were too powerful for them to handle. The sun was setting and Kagome had managed to get InuYasha to let the group stop for the night. They set up camp and started a fire. Kagome pulled some food out of her huge backpack and handed it out to her friends. Kagome herself barely ate anything. Sango kept looking at her friend and then finally stood up.

"Kagome-chan can I talk to you for a minute," Sango said and then turned her gaze to the men, "In private."

Kagome just nodded, stood up, and then followed her friend out into the forest. Once Sango was sure they were out of InuYasha's hearing range she stopped and turned to Kagome.

"Kagome? Is something the matter? You've been acting depressed ever since you came back. Did something happen back in your time?" Sango asked her friend.

Kagome looked at Sango's concern-filled face and sighed in defeat. She could hide anything from her friend.

"Well, I guess you could say something happened. It was more of that I found something out that I shouldn't and didn't want to find out," Kagome answered.

Sango looked at her confused, "I'm not sure I followed. Could you tell me in detail?"

Kagome nodded.

"The first day I returned home I had to go find information for this paper I had to write. I found this book about the topic we're studying in school, which happens to be Feudal Japan. Anyway, I took the book home and started to read it. It told about our journey for the jewel shards. I read all the way up to where we were now and then slightly looked through the end. I wasn't going to read it until a certain page caught my eye," Kagome answered as she took a seat on the near by rock. She had tears filling her eyes as she continued, "it told about the final battle against Naraku. We end up winning is what the book said, but...."

"But what?" Sango asked as she came closer to her friend knowing that the but wasn't a good thing.

"But it said.. it said," Kagome's tears were falling now. They flowed down her face in rivers, "It said that.. that. that InuYasha was going to die because he tried to save me."

Sango just stared at her friend with pity. She had known for a while that Kagome was in love with InuYasha. Feeling sad for Kagome she hugged her and tried to calm her down a little. Slowly Kagome's sobs stopped. Sango pulled away from her Kagome and said, "Well, now that you know then maybe you can stop it from happening."

Kagome shook her head and replied, "I couldn't. If I did I would change the course of history and then a lot of things might go wrong in my time. I've thought about it over and over and I don't know what to do. I don't want him to die, but I also don't want to ruin my time era. What should I do?"

Sango didn't know what to tell her.

"Well, Kagome I don't know what you should do, but I know one thing. I know you'll make the right decision, whatever it may be," Sango answered her with a smile, "Now clear your eyes. You don't want Shippo or anyone else know that you were crying."

Kagome smiled.

"Thank you Sango-chan. I really needed that."

"No problem. That's what friends are for," Sango replied.

The two girls smiled and then headed back to their campsite. They didn't know that some one had listened in.

InuYasha smelled Kagome's tears. He stood up and told Miroku he was going on a walk and would be back soon. Heading in a different direction then the girls at first, he dashed into the woods. Once he was out of Miroku's site he headed into the direction where Sango had token Kagome. As InuYasha approached he heard Kagome's soft sobs. His heart fell at the sound of her crying. He quietly got up close enough for him to hear, but not be caught. He heard Kagome say,

"I couldn't. If I did I would change the course of history and then a lot of things might go wrong in my time. I've thought about it over and over and I don't know what to do. I don't want him to die, but I also don't want to ruin my time era. What should I do?"

He watched the two girls until they exited the clearing. He was confused. What was Kagome upset about? Who was she talking about? InuYasha didn't know, but he knew he had to get back to camp quick or else he would be eating dirt because Kagome would know that he had heard them. He quickly dashed back to camp. He got there just before the two girls came out into the little clearing. Kagome seemed a little better, but the look of despair was still on her face.

"Is everything alright Sango?" a confused monk asked.

"Yep, everything is fine. Just a little girl talk that's all," Sango replied as she winked at Kagome.

"Feh. You should go to sleep we're leaving early tomorrow so be ready," InuYasha answered as he jumped up into the nearest tree and leaned against it.

Kagome pulled out her sleeping bag and climbed into it, not bothering to put her pajamas on. Miroku leaned against the tree opposite of InuYasha's and Sango laid on the ground diagonal from Kagome. Shippo, for once was curled up with Kiara next to Sango. Everyone fell asleep quickly including Kagome who was lucky and didn't have that nightmare again.

The next morning InuYasha woke everyone up bright and early. He was glad to see that Kagome appeared to not be as tired as she had been. Then quickly continued on their journey. Half the day passed without any happenings. The group stopped for a quick lunch and then continued on again. It was about 3 hours past noon when they encountered their first demon of the day. The demon seemed to be more powerful then the ones that they had fought recently. Kagome clarified that the demon did not have a jewel shard and was the using only it's own power. As Sango and Miroku jumped in to help InuYasha someone appeared behind Kagome. She had time to give a light yell before her mouth was covered and she was up in the air on a feather. InuYasha turned in time to see Kagome be whisked up into the air.

"KAGOME!!!"

The woman just laughed. Kagome managed to get her mouth free just long enough to yell, "INUYASHA!!"

The woman covered Kagome's mouth.

"You shut up! Now, InuYasha if you want to retrieve the girl follow this road. It will take you to Naraku's castle there he'll be waiting for you. Oh, and I suggest you hurry he's seems to be low on patience and there's no telling what he'll do to this girl if you don't come fast," the woman said and then laughed as she disappeared.

InuYasha growled and was about to go after her when the demon he had been fighting was tired of being ignored. InuYasha turned to him and growled.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!" InuYasha yelled as he swung his sword and destroyed the demon with the Kaze no Kize (I'm not sure exactly how to spell it).

He sheathed the sword and then turned to his comrades and said, " Let's go."

The others nodded and they were off.

Naraku's Castle

"Hey, let me go," Kagome yelled.

Her hands were tied behind her back and the woman, who's named was Aya, dragged her down a dimly lit hall of Naraku's new castle.

"I'd shut up if I were you unless you want to die right now," Aya said as she stopped and turned around to smack Kagome across the face.

Kagome winced and stopped yelling. They continued walking until they came to a room at the end of the hall. Inside the room Kagome could sense the large piece of the jewel that Naraku had. Aya dragged Kagome into the room. The room was dark. The windows were covered and the only light in the room was a small blue flame. Next to the flame Kagome noticed the baboon skin and instantly felt her confidence slip away. She swallowed the little wetness in her mouth. She saw Naraku smile at her action.

"You look a little scared priestess," Naraku said.

Kagome just glared at him.

"Don't worry I'm sure InuYasha will be here soon to save you. That is if he doesn't die by my hand before he gets here," Naraku said and then let out an evil laugh.

Kagome stared at him will pure shock and then looked down to the ground with a worried expression as a small tear slid down her cheek.

'Please InuYasha don't get killed.'

Author's Note: Ok this chapter is a little shorter than usual, but I got it written. There's mostly likely only going to be maybe 2-3 more chapters before this story is finished. Anyway, I don't know when the next chapter will be out, but I'll write is a.s.a.p. I promise. PLEASE READ AND REVIEW!! Thank you!