InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ A Bad Start ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the Inuyasha cast. In this story, Kisa is not the Kisa from Fruits Basket. I'm just using the name. But the story line in the this story is all my idea, to anyone who may make or have made any similar stories is by coincidence.
 
Chapter 3:
 
Inuyasha was in a bad mood before walked in the station. It was Monday-his least favorite day of the week, he was probably going to be assigned to another case-people were getting killed left and right here-and…
 
He was suppose to be meeting his partner today.
 
Bankotsu had said he knew this girl and that she was pretty dame good at what she does.
 
Great. He thought, now I'm going to have some bitch who thinks she's better than everyone else.
 
"Inuyasha!" he looked up as he walked through the door.
 
"Yeah Bankotsu, what do you want?"
 
"I need to talk to you before Kagome gets here."
 
Bankotsu was pretty good friend of Inuyasha's. But that was only after the two practically had a showdown when they'd first met. They hated each other. And or the first time, you couldn't say it was all Inuyasha's fault cause Bankotsu could get just as stubborn and become almost as big of an asshole as Inuyasha. The only reason Inuyasha hated him as much as he did then was because Bankotsu would bring his brother to the station sometimes.
 
And that would be fine if…the guy wasn't gay. Jakotsu, Bankotsu's brother, was obsessed with the dog eared man. There actually been a couple of times when Jakotsu had chased Inuyasha out of the freakin building.
 
He was just creepy.
 
He shivered at the thought of him one day getting his hands on him. But after awhile Inuyasha called a truce. He wouldn't give Bankotsu a hard time-and Bankotsu wouldn't bring his brother around. But he still shows up every now and then.
 
"Kagome?"
 
" Yeah, that's her name."
 
"Whose name?"
"Your partner's." Bankotsu was getting impatient.
 
"Oh. So? What about her?" Inuyasha walked to his desk and sat down. Bankotsu leaned on the desk.
 
"Look, she's going to be here any minute so I'm going to just cut to the chase." He paused and took a deep breath. He knew Inuyasha wasn't gong to appreciate his warning too much. "Don't get on her bad side."
 
"What?" Inuyasha sounded almost appalled. What did he mean 'Don't get on her bad side'? She should be the one trying not to get on my bad side. Even though that's impossible. His head insulted him.
 
"I'm serious. She gone through…things. You don't know what she can do. Don't be the asshole you usually are and-"
 
"I've gone through things! What makes you think she's any different?" Inuyasha interrupted.
 
"Not like her, Inuyasha." Bankotsu was stern.
 
What has she gone through, exactly? Inuyasha wondered when he saw Bankotsu's face.
 
"Oh, she can't be that bad." The guys already knew who it was.
 
"Hey Sango." Bankotsu greeted her as he let out a long sigh in stress. He wasn't going to get through to Inuyasha. Yeah, he hadn't been trying long but…there was no way.
 
" Your making her sound like a real bitch." The woman ignored the man's greeting.
 
Sango had silky, long, black hair. It was down today and she was wearing her casual stuff. Blue jeans, sleeveless shirt today,…the norm. She was Inuyasha's best friend's partner in SUV and potential girlfriend. Everybody knew they wanted each other all the time. But Sango never admitted they were dating. It was probably because she was embarrassed with the fact that she liked someone who was such a pervert as Miroku was.
 
"She isn't." Bankotsu defended his friend. " But she and Inuyasha might not get along to well if he acts like himself towards her."
 
"Hey!" Inuyasha yelled.
 
"I'm just warning you to be careful with her. She knows how to make someone's life a living hell if she wants to. But don't get me wrong-she's awesome." The cop was ignoring him and his stern voice never wavered.
 
"Is she hot?" Miroku entered the group around Inuyasha's desk.
"Miroku!" Sango yelled at him and hit him in the arm. "Is that all you think about?"
 
"Why no Sango, my love, it's you I only think about." He gave her sly grin and moved closer.
 
"Ugh!" she pushed him away.
 
"I'm just curious about our soon to be co-worker." He continued innocently.
 
"Miroku, I'm warning right here and now-back off!" Bankotsu sounded deadly. " She isn't exactly crazy about moving here and the last thing she needs is you is feeling her up!"
 
" I won't." Miroku paused, opened his mouth but closed it again. He should've kept it shut. " But is she hot though?"
 
"Miroku!" The group yelled in unison.
 
"Aw, c'mon! Cut me some slack! I'm sure Inuyasha's wondered himself at one point!"
 
"No, actually I haven't."
 
"God Inuyasha, you have no girlfriend, no dates, no life-are you gay our something?" Miroku taunted him.
 
He ignored him. Miroku looked over at Bankotsu.
 
The guy just rolled his eyes. " You could say she was…attractive. I don't know guys-I've known her since the 3rd grade. I've never really thought of her that way." He shook his head.
 
~*~
 
"Un excuse me." Kagome tried to the policeman at the desk's attention. He looked at her. " I'm looking for Toutousai Vi. I'm suppose to be starting here today."
 
"Oh yes…uh" the desk clerk looked at a piece of paper in front of him, "Kagome Higurashi?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Ok, just 'round the corner and his office is right down the hall."
 
"Ok, thanks."
 
She did as he had told her to find a door leading to an office that had letters across it, spelling CHIEF OF POLICE. She knocked.
"Come in, come in." she heard a horse voice. She recognized it from when she had talked to him awhile before she was suppose to start.
 
"Ah yes, Kagome-is it?" A scrawny man sat in huge chair at a desk, full of papers and files.
 
"Yes."
 
"You're just in time. I can't really talk at the moment so why don't we just get you set up so you can meet you partner." He got up from his desk, " He sure better be grateful to have you as a partner. I've great things about you and he's hasn't had a partner for a while." The man said more to himself than Kagome.
 
He motioned her to follow as he walked out of his office.
 
~*~
 
"Guys!" The group of friends heard suddenly. It made some of them jump. "Get over here to meet Kagome!" The chief ordered. Everyone but Inuyasha moved. "Inuyasha!"
 
"I'm coming!" he didn't want to do this.
 
Bankotsu was already there. " Kagome! God look at you!"
 
"Hey." She was quiet.
 
"Oh, stop it. Don't be shy come over here and meet every one!"
 
"You two know each other?" Toutousai asked.
 
"Yeah." Kagome answered.
 
"Oh ok. You and Inuyasha can help her out then, Bankotsu." And the chief went back to his office.
 
And Inuyasha was taking his own sweet time.
 
"God, I haven't seen you years!" Bankotsu exclaimed.
 
"Yeah, I know."
 
Ayame came over when she realized her partner was over there.
 
Ayame was Bankotsu's partner in robbery. She didn't talk to anyone much but the guy in front of her. She wasn't very social.
 
"Well, this is everyone." Bankotsu introduced.
 
Sango was the first to say something. " Hi. I'm Sango." She smiled and shook Kagome's hand. She looked sweet to Sango. "you're going to be hanging around a lot of guys here, so if you need a girl to hang with, just let me know. I know you'll probably need protection from the lecher here."
 
She glared at Miroku. He was practically panting. Oh brother.
 
Kagome laughed. She liked Sango. "Thanks."
 
"This is-"
 
"Miroku." The lecher finished for Sango. He reached for her hand, but instead of shaking it, he simply held it with both of his.
 
"Uh…"
 
"Miroku!" Sango hit him. "Leave her alone!"
 
He just smiled as he rubbed his new second head.
 
"And-hey, where's Sesshomaru and Rin." Bankotsu looked around for them.
 
"They had to go someone's place who claims to be a witness to the kidnapping they've been working on." Kagome looked up when it didn't sound like any of the people she'd just met.
 
That's when she saw him. Her jaw dropped. And the guy's eyes almost fell out of his sockets.
 
"What the …" he said.
 
"You…" Kagome's eyes narrowed. It was the guy who cut her of the other day! "You're a cop!?" she asked in disbelief.
 
"Shit." Was all the man in front of could say.
 
The girl laughed. Everyone looked at the two in confusion.
 
"You two know each other?" Bankotsu asked.
 
They ignored him. " You're a cop. You know I'd be ready to call you a lot of things but, a cop?" Kagome insulted him.
 
"There is no 'f'ing way I'm working with her!" Inuyasha declared
"You'd think a cop would at least watch where he's driving, but god no. That would mean not everyone on the road were morons!"
 
"Hey!!!!! I told you it was an accident!!!!" Inuyasha yelled back.
 
"What did you do, Inuyasha?" Sango yelled at him.
 
He was in shock. She didn't even know this girl and she was already taking her side. " I didn't do anything!"
 
"You cut me off, you jackass! I would've hit you the other day if I wasn't paying attention!" Kagome yelled.
 
Inuyasha decided not the react to that, but just star her down. This was going to be hell. It was useless ask for another partner. He wouldn't give it to him.
 
"God, you did even know her and you messed this up!" Bankotsu yelled at Inuyasha. "Ok, Kagome. I know you're mad, but Inuyasha can really be nice guy-maybe. So don't quit on you're first day."
 
"I won't quit. I can't." Kagome mumbled.