InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ Threats ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the Inuyasha cast. In this story, Kisa is not the Kisa from Fruits Basket. I'm just using the name. But the story line in the this story is all my idea, to anyone who may make or have made any similar stories is by coincidence.
 
Author's Note: Okay, Number one I know that all of you are probably reading my username and thinking it's pronounced (ki-a-shi). But it's pronounced (ki-ee-shi). I know-it's weird, but I made it up and it's suppose to be Japanese. It's the name of one of my characters in one of my really early stories that isn't posted so…just to let you.
Oh, and I'm sure you guys are confused on whether or not Inuyasha is a dog demon. Well, yes and no. He still has his strength, silver hair, ears, and stubborn attitude. But he doesn't have the super hearing and sense of smell. This because I just couldn't get rid of the ears and hair. I'm like Kagome-I'd give anything to rub the ears. It's just not Inuyasha if there aren't any ears. But if he had the extra senses, it would ruin the story. Same with Sesshomaru-he has the white hair and moon.
 
Chapter 4:
 
"It's not the boyfriend!" Kagome protested.
 
"Who else is there? You can't say it was the brother! He was on the other side of Japan!" Inuyasha yelled back.
 
They'd been at it for hours. All of there friends would just sit and watch. Sesshomaru was actually keeping score on who got to who each time. He looked at his paper,Kagome-67, Inuyasha-1. He liked Kagome. He and Rin meet her in the middle of a yelling match with her partner on her first day. He was impressed when she finally shut him up. The rest of the day was abnormally quiet. Inuyasha's big mouth didn't open once. Kagome was first to succeed. Sesshomaru was his brother and he had never once been able to do that.
 
Kagome had talent.
 
They had been fighting over this case since the day after she started 3 weeks ago. A 16 year old girl had been found in the river that night. They had talked to everyone-her father, mom, boyfriend, friends, teachers-everyone. They had been stuck on it. Inuyasha insisted that it was the boyfriend. He was last seen with her and seemed really nervous whenever the two cops were around. On top of that-the autopsy had said that she had intercourse just a few hours before her death. His semen was found in her body. So, naturally it had to be him-right?
 
"God Dammit! Where's the evidence you moron?" Kagome asked.
 
Inuyasha paused. "It's written all over his face and the reports!"
 
"People are not always what they appear to be Inuyasha!"
 
"Says who?!"
 
"Says someone who fucking knows!"
 
Now the group knew she was pretty close to knocking him unconscious. From the length of spending time around her, Kagome almost never cussed like that unless she was really pissed. They all either took a step back, or leaned back in their chairs at this.
 
"Bullshit! What a load of bullshit! If we don't arrest who someone, Sai is going to take us off the fucking case!" They all called Toutousai, Sai for short. Just like Sess for Sesshomaru.
 
"Then he takes us off the case! Maybe whoever gets it won't go for the first guy-" Kagome cut off. Her face faded from anger to realization. She looked up to her partner. Everybody leaned in closer.
 
"What are starring at bitch?" Inuyasha tried to get back to the argument. Whatever she was thinking-it didn't look very good.
 
She didn't reasoned to the insult. 'Bitch' had turned into her new name for Inuyasha…and it pissed her off every time. Everyone's eyes got big. Ok, now they knew something was up.
 
"It's the father." She almost whispered.
 
"What?" Inuyasha responded.
 
"It's the father." She said louder. "Think about it," the argument was long lost, "everyone of her friends said the victim hated her father and that he would beat at times, his wife said he was out working that night, and-
 
"he's suppose to be traveling for work." Inuyasha finished for her as he realized she was right. Shit. He hated it when she was right. He always felt stupid.
 
"For business, my ass." Kagome smiled. And sat back in her desk chair. Inuyasha did the same at his desk right across from her.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome hated each other-that was true. But you could tell they were perfect for each other when it came to work. Kagome was the brains. And Inuyasha was…well he could be smart…sometimes. But he also had the strength to get to the point with the witnesses. He had the gift of…well you could say…persuasion.
 
"I told you we should've checked to see if was at work that night." Kagome mumbled.
 
"It didn't make sense to."
 
"Obviously it did!" Kagome rose her voice a bit.
 
"Don't even start!" Inuyasha sat up in his chair.
 
"If we checked when suggested it-we would've been done with this case! It's obvious he wasn't there!"
 
"It didn't seem-" Inuyasha cut off, "When is his flight suppose to leave?"
 
"I don't know, like 10-" her head whipped to the clock. 9:30.
 
"Shit!" Inuyasha yelled, and they were gone before their friends could register that they were.
 
~*~
 
"3 weeks?"
 
"yeah…" Kagome said slowly. Then looked at her partner, confused as to why their boss looked so shocked.
 
"You solved the case in 3 weeks?" The chief repeated once again.
 
"Yes, Toutousai. Yes-it's done. Now get over it." Inuyasha answered, a bit annoyed. "Do you have another case for us or not?"
 
Sai looked at file of their previous case one more time before looking at them. He couldn't believe it, Inuyasha's last case had taken at least a month and half. And now, here come this blessed child he had just hired and they solve their first case together in 3 weeks! He thanked the lord to himself before answering. "Not at the moment, no."
 
"Really?" Kagome found that odd. When ever she had finished a case before she was given another one before she got home that day. Except for the isolated places she'd worked. But this was Tokyo-how could there not be a case they need to start.
 
"Yup, all my other detectives are taking care of them. So be grateful and keep your phones on in case I do need you." With that, Sai turned and left for his office.
 
"Congrats!" Sango exclaimed. " I don't think I've ever seen Sai's eyes so wide in my entire time working here! You're gonna have to teach me that."
 
"Yeah, you're pretty good." Sesshomaru complimented.
 
"Uh…thanks." Kagome smiled. She wasn't use to be complimented. Nobody ever really liked at the previous stations she's worked at.
 
"Yeah Bankotsu really meant it when he said you were the best." Miroku edged closer to Sango as he said this. She didn't notice. Kagome did.
 
"What? You thought I was lying?" Bankotsu asked.
 
"Thanks again, but….uh…Sango I thi-"
 
"Eek!" Sango jumped off of the desk she was leaning on. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!!!!!"
 
Smack.
 
"Lecher!" She yelled and stormed off.
 
Nobody could keep a straight face. Except Miroku-who was growing another head. It never got old. Even for Kagome. Yeah, it wasn't so funny when Miroku was feeling her up, but hey-Sango would laugh at her sometimes. She never got see what it looked like from everyone else's point of view when Miroku felt her up and-yes it was funny…when it wasn't her. This was because Miroku wouldn't dare try it on Rin…for if he did…Sesshomaru would make sure of it that his friend would never have to worry about kids.
 
Inuyasha wasn't really laughing as much as he usually did…considering he was staring at his partner across from him. She was hysterical.
 
She may look like Kikyo, but…Kikyo didn't laugh. Inuyasha didn't like what he was thinking. So what? She still acts like the bitch.
 
"Hey you wanna celebrate, Kagome?" Bankotsu asked her.
 
"Hey, she wasn't the only one working on the damn case." Inuyasha almost mumbled. Yeah she was good-he couldn't deny it. But she was getting more attention than anyone new around here has ever gotten. Everyone loved her…except him. Who gives a fuck? He thought. She's evil. When she's with everyone else she's miss innocent…but when it comes to me she bitches me out. That girl is worse than Kikyo. He looked at her again. She was smiling at her old friend. Well...maybe…not worse than Kikyo. But still…
 
"Is someone jealous Inuyasha? Not getting enough attention?" Miroku taunted. "Like a sick puppy."
 
"Shut the fuck up!"
 
All 3 girls giggled. Sesshomaru and cracked a smile.
 
"Why don't we all come to my place tonight." Bankotsu suggested.
 
"Su, its really not necessary. I have worked on cases before. I'm not new to this." Kagome tried to convince Su. That what she called Bankotsu…only her. Since 'Su' was considered a girls name, he didn't let anyone but her call him that.
 
"Oh? How many have you worked on, exactly?" Inuyasha meant to sound threatening.
 
Kagome did not leave this unnoticed.
 
Oh dear lord, here we go again…everyone thought as they quieted down to listen.
 
"Excuse me?" The girl sounded annoyed.
 
"What are you? 15? 16?" Inuyasha smirked.
 
"You know how old I am asshole," she sounded dangerous. Every one was in a good mood-she was NOT going to let her partner ruin it. "What's that got to do with anything?"
 
"Nothing, bitch. I just figured…you're practically out of high school…you've been on what? 2 cases?"
 
Kagome stood from her chair, letting her fingertips touch her desk. "What did you call me?"
 
"You heard me, bitch. I figured you'd be use to it by now." He stood and leaned in to her face.
 
Kagome opened her mouth to say something, but decided against it. Instead Kagome let out a chuckle before standing up straight and slowly beginning to walk around her to desk.
 
Uh-oh… the office thought.
 
"Look I'll admit it-" she started, she was in Inuyasha's face by now. He didn't back up. But looked down at her as she looked up. "I haven't been in this line of work very long. Yes, I'm probably not as experienced as you are…"she smiled a brief second before letting it fall into a serious expression. "But I have seen and been through shit just as bad and probably worst than you have." She paused. Inuyasha hadn't expected this. She threatening him. He must have really pressed the wrong buttons. He couldn't make his mouth move. Next thing she said seemed almost deadly to listen to, "Don't mess with me. If you want a battle, I'll give you a war."
 
She backed up and looked at her friends before lightening her face. "Guys, I think I'm going to leave a little earlier. I'm a little tired.
 
"Ok." They all said unison. She left. They looked over at Inuyasha, who was trying to really hard not to seem fazed. Failing tremendously.
"Wow." Bankotsu was wide eyed. One of his best friends just threatened another one of his friends. He understood why though. After knowing Kagome for so long…he shouldn't have been surprised. Almost her whole life she'd been looked down upon because of how young she was at such a high level of…well…life. She was smart and worked hard. She had to grow up faster than anybody else. What with her mothers illness before her death. Kagome took care of her whole family and know watching over the only member she has left. He didn't doubt Inuyasha's comments brought back some painful memories for his Kagome.
 
"Dude, I've seen Kagome pissed…but not murderous." Miroku broke the silence.
 
"Yeah…uh…Inuyasha you probably shouldn't have gone so far." Bankotsu suggested.
 
"No shit." Sesshomaru and Sango said in unison.
 
" Geez, I wonder what made her so ticked. I hope she's ok." Rin said, concerned.
 
Inuyasha looked at them, " Hey! Don't feel concerned for her-I'm the one she tried scar." He wondered what it was about Kagome that made everyone worry about her. No one ever worried about him. Yeah, because you're the biggest ass in Tokyo. His head told him.
 
"Look, Inuyasha…" Bankotsu hesitated. " She'd kill me if she knew I was telling you guys this." He looked at everyone. " You put her down because of her age."
 
"So." The dog-eared guy didn't find any connection.
 
"So…she hasn't had the…best life."
 
Now Inuyasha was listening.
 
"She's…kinda… have had to grow up sooner then she should've. And Kagome has always been put down because of how young she is. A lot of people don't think a kid could do what she can. So it's always been a soft spot for her."
 
"What do you mean, Bankotsu?" Rin asked what everyone was thinking, "Why would she have to grow up so fast?" Should he tell them? They are her friends…well…except for Inuyasha. But he would never say something to her. He's not that low.
 
"Her mom…got sick when she only like…6…7 maybe. So she couldn't exactly be the mother she wanted to be. Kagome had to."
 
"Wait." Sango stopped him, "What about her dad? I mean he had to have been some help."
 
Inuyasha was starting to fell bad.
Bankotsu shook his head. Rin let gasped quietly. "He was a work-a-holic. And when she was 13 he left them. And when her mom died about 3 years ago…well she and her brother had to move…and Kagome had to find a job. She from here you know. She's been moving around for a while."
 
"That's terrible." Sango said in awe. And she though she had a hard life. Yeah, her dad died, but…she had money and other family…obviously her friend didn't.
 
"God…" Sesshomaru was also pretty depressed to hear this, he turned to Inuyasha. " And you have to go and give her a hard time every day."
 
"Go to hell." He mumbled. Shit. His parents were still alive. He made a mental note to stay away from the whole age and personal life thing. Yeah, he wanted to piss her off but…he didn't want to hurt her.
 
"Don't start giving him a guilt trip Sess." Bankotsu interrupted.
 
Too late.
 
"But guys…don't say anything. I'm only telling you guys this because she really likes you all and she can get sensitive. You can't say anything." He directed this mostly to Inuyasha.
 
They shook their heads in promise.
 
He got up to leave but stopped. "Oh, and Inuyasha?" Inuyasha looked at him. "Kagome can still be a tough shit. If I were you…I'd watch you're back."
 
Authors Note: I know…I'm sorry I didn't post sooner. But I've been piled with school work.