InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ Epilogue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the Inuyasha cast. In this story, Kisa is not the Kisa from Fruits Basket. I'm just using the name. But the story line in this story is all my idea, to anyone who may make or have made any similar stories is by coincidence.
 
Epilogue:
 
(Author's Note: Just to inform you, this is about a year and a half in advance to the story. Don't worry, you didn't miss anything. The time was simply spent by Kagome and Inuyasha being happy. It would've been boring to read.)
 
“So then answer me this.” Kagome requested from Inuyasha's back as he claimed the stairs. He wasn't exactly sure how he ended up giving her a piggy back ride but he knew he was, somehow, conned. It was just how Kagome worked. “Everything is…happening so fast. How do you think everyone will react?” She asked in an excited but controlled voice.
 
The couple was on their way to Miroku's apartment. It had been a while since they had all gotten together and they figured now would be a perfect time. Inuyasha and Kagome couldn't have agreed more. They couldn't wait.
 
Inuyasha laughed, “I wouldn't be so worried. You're dad going to be there too right?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Well, I'd be worried about him.” His voice was more teasing than anything. He knew nothing was going to happen that they didn't want. In the past eighteen months, Kagome and her father had gotten onto pretty good terms considering their previous situation. Inuyasha and Kagome had even met his wife. And they did all but moved back to Japan. He had the money to afford two homes. They stayed in America during its summer and came over here in the winter and spring.
 
Well it was spring, and Kagome's father was coming over to see her. Everyone was finally setting things right. The only thing that was missing was Kagome's brother. And although she didn't spend all of her night's crying anymore, she did still miss him. And wished she could've shared all this with him.
 
When they got to Miroku's apartment door, Kagome knocked for Inuyasha for he had his arms around her legs. He went to put her down but the door opened before he could and Miroku now had one of his famous grins plastered onto his face.
 
“We all now you're crazy for each other but do you really need to prove it right in hall?”
 
Kagome giggled as she dropped down from Inuyasha's back. Inuyasha just glared at him. Miroku stepped aside to let them in. “You guys are the last ones to arrive. Your dad just got here a couple of minutes ago, Kags.”
 
She smiled and turned to find him talking with Bankotsu. “Hey guys.” She and Inuyasha greeted.
 
“Well, it's nice finally see you out of work.” Sango greeted to two.
 
“Hey!” Rin jumped out of her seat and engulfed Kagome into a hug. For small girl she sure did have one hell of a grip.
 
Kagome's father approached her and said hi. “Hey, dad.” She hugged him. It was nice to be able to do that now. It wasn't awkward or anything like it used to be.
 
Shippo and Kilala were there as well. At first everyone just talked and joked. It was just a normal get-together even though Inuyasha and Kagome were more than excited. It was hard to hold it in. They had news.
 
Big news.
 
But then Rin suddenly stopped what she was doing when she caught a glimpse of something. She flew her arms up. “Hold it!” Everyone became quiet and puzzled as she pointed to Kagome's hand. “Is that what I think it is?”
 
Everyone looked at Kagome's hand -- including Kagome. Then she looked at Inuyasha smiling just as brightly as he smiled at her.
 
“Oh my god!” Sango flipped. “You purposed?!” Her eyes were wide as she asked Inuyasha.
 
He didn't have to answer. Everyone was quiet for a second. Then all the yells and laughs erupted. “Well it's about time!” Miroku yelled.
 
“Oh my god!” Rin exclaimed. “When?”
 
“Two weeks ago.” Kagome answered.
 
She looked offended suddenly. “And you waited this long to tell us?” She was only joking.
 
“Never mind that.” Sango dismissed it, “Do you guys have a date set?”
 
Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other. They knew what was going to happen next. “Um, we're not sure but we were thinking some time in June.” Inuyasha answered.
 
“Really?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“That's only three months from now.” Bankotsu stated. “Why so soon?”
 
The couple looked at each other once again. “Do you want to tell them?” Kagome whispered event though she could easily be heard by their friends.
 
“Nah, you tell `em.” Inuyasha insisted with a smile.
 
Kagome smiled and turned back to her audience. They, now, all had looks that held suspicion. “Well…we decided that…it would be better…if we got it all done and over with…before the nine months were up.” She bit her lip; unsure of how they were all going to react. Pure silence sudden filled the room.
 
“Oh…my god.” Sango said - again.
 
“I'm going to be a grandpa.” Kagome father suddenly said. When she saw him he only had a smile on his face. That gave her a little relief.
 
“Oh and I'm going to an Aunt!” Rin exclaimed.
 
“My boy is all grown up!” Miroku hit his hand on Inuyasha's back as if to say congratulations.
 
“Wow.” Was all Sesshomaru and Bankotsu could say.
 
Sango looked at Rin, “You know what this means right?”
 
“This means a BABY SHOWER!”
 
“And bachelor parties.” Miroku grinned.
 
“Ugh, is that all you ever think about?” Sango asked.
 
Miroku wrapped his arm around her waist. “You know…maybe we should get started as well.” He whispered in her ear.
 
Sango couldn't help but think about it. She knew he was only teasing her but who knew? They had been together for a few years now and Miroku was always saying that he wanted to settle down someday. Get married…all he had to do was ask.
 
Unexpectedly, he let go of her and his face became rather serious. “I was planning on doing this somewhere…more romantic but…” he reached for something in his pocket. “Now, with everything going on…maybe this would be the right time.”
 
Sango starred at him. What…was he talking about? He couldn't possibly be…
 
Now he held a small velvet box and he put it in her hand. He smiled when she looked up at him. “Open it.”
 
She hesitantly did as she was told and gasped; completely forgetting about everyone around them. It was beautiful. The thin gold band held a single small diamond; three much smaller stones on each side of it. The ring sparkled in the light.
 
“Will you marry me?”
 
~*~
 
Sango and Miroku were wedded by December. With in weeks, the couple was getting ready to have their first born; Kagome and Inuyasha, helping them all the way. In the end, Miroku and Sango had three girls and a boy. Naturally, Miroku's only son took after his father to an extreme and Miroku was extremely protective of his daughters.
 
Sesshomaru popped the question to Rin within a year after Miroku and Sango's marriage and began to start their family with twin boys a year later.
 
Bankotsu found the love of his life, eventually, and had two kids: one girl and one boy.
 
Kisa grew up to be a respectable lawyer after finally moving on from Souta's death. She never lost touch with Kagome and, eventually, married at 29 but never had any kids.
 
Shippo and Kilala are still together, holding strong but have yet to become parents.
 
As for Inuyasha and Kagome, they were married six months earlier before Miroku and Sango in June, like they had originally planned. They were married in a small ceremony with only friends and immediate family. Five months later Kagome gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. At Inuyasha's suggestion, they named him Souta.
 
Author's Note: THE END!!! That's it! You wouldn't believe all of the emails I got about this! I'm sorry if it seemed a little rushed. But I hoped you liked it nonetheless. I'm sad to see it go but happy too. I now have this story finished and can post my next one. I've had it in my head longer than I have for The Unexpected and I'm excited about it. I hope guys will read it and let me know how it is. I've been working rather hard on it - maybe even harder than I did with this one. It should be up shortly. Well, thank you so much for staying so patient and nice with me throughout this story. I know it took a long time to finish and I really appreciate you coming back to finally read the rest. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And be sure to check out my next story: No is Not an Answer.