InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ family mystery follows... (end chapter) ( Chapter 61 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Enjoying the view?” the little boy asked as he saw his big cousin looking from her window.
 
Her window had a view of almost the whole city of Tokyo; she could see the streets and the people so small that they could easily be confused with toys. She closed her eyes tightly as she felt a soft breeze blowing on her face, now everything seemed to be perfect.
 
“It's perfect… thanks a lot Souta, where's Jii?” Kagome asked as they walked out the room.
 
“He's cleaning the Shrine… and call him Jii-chan, it's more respectful” he said as they went downstairs.
 
“Alright… Jii-chan or maybe I will just call him grandpa…” she giggled a little. “I can't believe I'm finally here…”
 
“Are you going to stay with us forever?” he asked and Kagome sighed.
 
“I wish I could but I have my family back at US… although I wish I could stay here, I just can't leave my life back there to be with you now… I'll come back by my honey moon” she smiled and Souta nodded.
 
“Rin come back here! That was my lollipop!” Shippo yelled as he chased Rin around the house.
 
“You ate mine! I think this one belongs to me!” Rin said but the Kagome grabbed her by the t-shirt.
 
“Rin, Shippo… if I brought you two to Japan with me it was because I wanted you to have a good time and stop making stupid fights” Kagome said.
 
“I thought it was because you didn't want us to see the trial of Kikyo” she nodded.
 
“Yes, but mainly because Inuyasha couldn't come with me over here… I just didn't want to be alone…” she sighed.
 
“Tell me more about your fiancé, Kagome” Souta asked as the three kids sat around a table.
 
“Well, he has such a bad character… he is very impatient and stubborn, he likes to be a jackass but he is the sweetest man alive” she sighed dreamily as she remembered the man with silver hair and beautiful amber eyes who had captivated her heart.
 
“Ah… Kagome, are you okay child?” her grandfather asked and she hugged him.
 
“Yes Jii-chan, I'm glad you could receive us with such a short notice…” she kissed his cheek gently.
 
“No problem, how could I dyne this to my only granddaughter?” he pulled away from her embrace. “And who are these lovely kids? Your son and your daughter?”
 
“No, Jii-chan… this is Shippo and this is Rin, Shippo is the brother of my fiancé and Rin is kind of my daughter… I've been taking care of her for about 6 months now” her grandfather looked at her proud.
 
“So you are getting married, when?” he asked and Kagome pulled out an invitation.
 
“In two months, he is divorcing his wife right now and we are getting married after that”
 
“What? How can he do something like this?”
 
“No, it's not what you think… she practically tricked him to marry her, she just wanted his money” she said with a sad smile.
 
“What an awful woman… and who was she?” he asked and Kagome sighed.
 
“My half sister who is now in trial for the multiple ploys and some fake stories she made up” she said and smiled.
 
“Is she Ken's daughter too? Because if she is your mother's daughter I will just…”
 
“No, no grandpa… she is my father's daughter but her mother was Ken's wife who from all I read died when Kikyo was very little” she said with a dry giggle.
 
“And how long will you three be staying?” he asked.
 
“About 4 weeks, we can't stay that long since I have a small wedding to plan and a whole family to take care of”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“As you can see, this is a prove of fake pregnancy that this woman made my client believe, I remind you he doesn't want her money… he just wants her to be in jail for this…” Miroku said as the judge studied the fake rubber belly he gave him.
 
“You did this Mrs. Tsurugi?” he asked to Kikyo who was handcuffed to the table, before she could answer her ex-husband interrupted.
 
“I would like to say I just divorced her this morning so there's no need to call her with my last name… she is now Kikyo Higurashi” Inuyasha reminded the judge.
 
“Yes, of course… and it says in this paper you have a witness, let him in” Miroku nodded.
 
“I now call Mister Naraku Onigumo…” Miroku said as he got up and went to the cubicle next to the judge. “Can you tell us sir… what did Miss Higurashi told you about Mister Inuyasha?”
 
“She told me she wanted his cash and I brought this…” he pulled out a copy of the tape he sent Inuyasha the same day he was about to marry Kikyo for the second time. “This is enough prove to let you know that Kikyo was and is lying… and she also accused a dear friend of mine named Kagura… you might want to look at her file later” Naraku said.
 
“Thanks, that will be all…” Miroku went back to his seat.
 
“Miss Higurashi, is there something you will like to say?” the judge asked and Kikyo nodded.
 
“Yes, drop dead Naraku” everyone gasped and the judge got furious.
 
“Order! Go to your seat mister Naraku… thanks, Miss Higurashi you will go back to your cell till we decided what to do with you, tomorrow we will continue with this case… dismiss”
 
Inuyasha closed his eyes as he moved around with his electric chair, from the lack of exercise his legs weren't moving but it was just temporal. He had been doing exercise since the day he woke up and it would take him a few more days to be back on his feet. He sighed heavily as he saw his ex wife been taken away by policemen, he knew she deserved this and even more but unlike her he did have a heart and felt really sorry for her.
 
“I know how much you miss her” Miroku said as they walked out the court room.
 
“I wonder what she's doing right now… like, if she's sleeping… and if she's dreaming… and if she's dreaming about me” he sighed and Miroku smiled.
 
“I'm glad things finally worked out for you two” Inuyasha nodded.
 
“Yeah… and if there was someone who wanted to date a little girl I know, he could do it” Miroku looked at him confused. “Go ahead, I don't mind… life is too short like to waste it… just don't hurt my sister”
 
“Thanks Inuyasha… but I don't know if I could win her heart again” he patted his back.
 
“Miroku, you helped me with Kagome, you helped me with my brothers and my job and you are helping me with all these things I'm dealing now… you can do anything, go after her before it's too late”
 
“I just hope that Tai isn't a big deal for her…” he sighed. “You know what Inuyasha? Go to Japan”
 
“What?”
 
“Seriously… tomorrow will only be the judge's final word and you know that you already won this case, why waste your time looking at Kikyo while you can be with Kagome and the kids?” he nodded.
 
“You're right… but fly in this condition? I don't think so… I will be just bothering everyone, besides… 4 weeks isn't that long”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome, Shippo, Rin and Souta were now at Tokyo tower. Two long weeks had passed since Kagome first arrived to the city of Tokyo and now they were going everywhere the city and visited some other towns too. It was 19 and the lights of the city illuminated every place their eyes could reach, her grandfather had stayed at the shrine since he was old fashioned and like to be in bed by the time the sun hid.
 
“Kagome! Look! I can see people like ants!” Rin said as the elevator took them to the higher place of the tower.
 
“I wonder if my spit will feel like a bullet to them” Shippo said.
 
“Shippo! Don't you learn this kind of things Souta” Kagome warned and he just chuckled.
 
“I'll try not to…” the elevator doors opened and the kids ran out to see the view.
 
“Be careful… if you fall I'll make sure no one catches you three” the kids nodded and looked around.
 
As Kagome kept an eye on the kids, she was trying not to think about her fiancé but it was impossible. After a day he woke up she could barely be with him as she told him things about the family she just discovered. Inuyasha wanted her to meet her family and in the meanwhile he would take care of Kikyo, she thought it would be perfect but she didn't thought she would miss him that much. `Four weeks is way too long… I can't be without you any longer Inuyasha… it's just too much for me, after being so close to lose you forever… all I want to do is be with you all the time' she sighed and looked back at the kids, Souta was talking on his cell phone, he hung up and walked to Kagome.
 
“Kagome, Jii-chan wants us back at the house… he said he has a surprise for us” Kagome nodded.
 
“Rin! Shippo! It's time for us to go!” Kagome called and the kids came over her a little sad.
 
“Do we really have to go back home now? We were having fun” Shippo whined.
 
“Yeah… can we please go for something to eat before we go home?” Rin pleaded and Kagome sighed.
 
“I don't know… did Jii-chan say it was important?” she asked and Souta shrugged.
 
“He just said he had a surprise” Kagome thought about it for a second.
 
“Let's go get you an ice cream”
 
They walked to the nearest store for three ice cream cones, each one of them asked for their favorite flavor and they took the subway till they reached the train station which was near the shrine, Kagome and Souta walked up to the half of the place since Shippo and Rin were breathless.
 
“Don't you ever think about getting electric stairs?” Shippo said as Souta picked him up.
 
“Yeah… I bet that you are in a great shape thanks to this” Kagome laughed a little and carried Rin.
 
Once they finally reached the top, the kids ran into the house and Kagome saw the small bodega near the house, she felt curious and entered the place. It was very dark considering the time of night but she still couldn't see a thing, she could barely see old masks, jars and she noticed there was a well. She looked at it and felt scared before she ran out the place, she went inside and she was about to yell when she found her grandfather talking to the person she loved the most.
 
“Kagome, Inuyasha here was just telling me how you two met… he had to be a very attentive man to notice that there was an incredible girl right under his nose” her grandfather said and stood up. “I think you two may want to talk, I'll see you two tomorrow morning… goodnight Kagome, Inuyasha”
 
“Goodnight Jii…” Inuyasha said as he watched the old man walk out the room. “So… do you like Japan?”
 
Kagome smiled at him and ran over him to kiss him, to hug him, to caress him; it has been so long since the two of them could share a kiss. She kissed him feverishly as if she was going to die in a few minutes, she kissed him like to remember this for always and she kissed him to tell him how much she had missed him, not only those two weeks but the whole three months he had his beautiful golden eyes closed.
 
“I missed you… I missed you so much, why didn't you tell me you were coming?” Kagome asked as she gave him only last chaste kiss.
 
“If I told you… it wouldn't be surprise, right?” he smiled and Kagome hugged him tightly.
 
“How did the trial go?” he sighed.
 
“Good, I guess… I didn't want things to end like this with Kikyo, I did love her once but I never wanted this to happen to us… I did want to be friends with her, but she lied to me, she used me she…” Kagome made him look at her and she nodded.
 
“I know what she did… she is my sister and I don't want you to hate her; I'm angry at her but even with all that I know that… I don't hate her, she's my only sibling or my only half sibling but she is still my family… I'm not asking you to forgive her and I'm not asking you not to hate her either, but I am asking you to stop living in the past… no matter what she did, don't bring it up anymore because I don't want to hear about her in a long time” she said and he kissed her again.
 
“Alright, you are so good Kagome… you are so good sometimes I'm afraid someone might hurt you for your kindness”
 
“That will never happen because I know you will always be there with me… and you will not let anyone hurt me again” she hugged him.
 
“Oh… that's so cute!” they heard a girl squeal.
 
“Hush! They are going to hear you Rin!” Shippo whispered.
 
“You two be quiet! I think they already noticed!” Souta said and the two grownups walked to them.
 
“Is something wrong?” Inuyasha asked as he bent to their height.
 
“Inuyasha! You're here!” Shippo and Rin said as they hugged him.
 
“Just because you brats are very sweet I'll let that go… now, you three go to your rooms and let me and Kagome have our privacy” the kids nodded and ran upstairs.
 
“So… are you ready for our big day?” she asked and he placed one arm around her waist.
 
“I've been ready for three months… and two weeks… and two days and…” he looked at the hours. “4 an half hours”
 
“You are crazy” she said as he bent for a kiss.
 
“How many times do I have to tell you that I'm only crazy for you?” she giggled and let him kiss her. “And have the feeling that things are going to be perfect from now on…”
 
“You think?” she asked with a big smile.
 
“No… I know it”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“I still can't believe it, how could you do this to your daughter?” the lawyer asked to the man who had a cigarette on his mouth.
 
“I knew what kind of person she would be if she grew up with me and Kikyo… and I couldn't let you take care of her either… it's about the best things for my daughter” he replied and threw away his cigarette.
 
“And what are you doing now? Now that she has all your money and is owner of your company… aren't you going to show up?” the lawyer asked.
 
“Kagome was strong enough like to survive without me her 24 years of life, would it make a difference if I showed up now?”
 
“Of course… she would be very happy to know that you are still living and had been taking care of her during her 24 years of life”
 
“Everything at it's time Ren, everything at it's time…” Ken Higurashi said as he and the lawyer walked into the Higurashi enterprises.
 
 
THE END? =)
 
 
 
A/N: the not end! Since your evil minds got me to do a sequel lol… so I guess I'll just name it `the truth beyond' you know… for all this that just happened, well at least this will keep your minds occupied till summer! Lol thank you guys for all the wonderful reviews you gave me with this story, I'm very grateful to the people who read this even after I broke my wrist, after I was so stressed and I made you wait for a while lol … so anyways! Read my other stories and don't forget to read the sequel! Bye guys! Till summer! =)