InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Serve and Protect ❯ The First Few Months Are the Hardest ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: For those of you wondering, Inuyasha is a bit OOC. That's only cause it's first impression. He get's nastier this chapter. Not that that's a good thing. *rolls her eyes.*

Inuyasha: I resent that.

D: So what? No one cares what you resent. You're just a big meany with cute ears. Onto the story....

Chapter Three: The First Few Months Are the Hardest

"Inuyasha, roll over!" Kagome growled to the half-demon, seemingly laying on top of her, "You're heavy!" How did he manage to roll over on top of me?!

He snored a little louder and mumbled, "Mmmmm......ramen...."

"Please, Inuyasha! I'm having trouble breathing!"

Much to her surprise he grinned and opened an eye, "That's better." he said and rolled off of her, facing away.

"Oh, you're such a mutt!" she said as she hit him with a pillow.

"Oh Man, that was funny!" Inuyasha snarled, "Nice pun!"

She shrugged, "Well maybe if you hadn't tried to suffocate me...."

"Shut the hell up!" he yelled.

She sat up and leaned towards his sensitive ears, "Why don't you?! I swear that everyday for the last three months you've been living to torture me!"

"Hey, baby, it's the only way to live!"

"Ugh!" she threw the blankets over her head and buried her face in the pillows. They woke up like this everyday for the past three months. She was reluctant at first to even let him sleep in the bed. Then she just felt bad and made an agreement with him to stay on his side. She wasn't particularly fond of his attitude towards her. His definition of nice was leaving the bathroom a smelly mess for her to clean. He was unorganized, rude and unbearable. He was, for the most part, an ass.

Inuyasha waited until he heard her sniffling a bit, "Oh jeez..." he said in a whisper. She was such a baby sometimes. He was only screwing around... to piss her off. He wasn't a saint and he wasn't about to turn into one just because she crawled into his life. She was whiny, way too organized and annoyingly kind. She was one of those people that cared about everything, but at the same time she accepted the way things were. It was refreshing but irritating to the point where he wanted to shave his head with his claws. He snorted and fell back into sleep with the refreshing, annoyingly kind girl next to him.

When Kagome woke up to look at the clock she came face to face with a sleeping Inuyasha. Not just this, his arms were around her waist, "Inuyasha!" she yelped, "Let go!"

"Mmmmmmm."

"Inuyasha!" she bellowed.

"Wha-AH! What are you doing?!" he sprung to the other side of the bed.

"M-Me?! Don't you dare blame me! You're the one!" she pointed.

"Yeah right! You're the one who was pressing flesh with me!"

"I woke up like that!"

"Shut up!" he yelled, jumping out of the bed.

Kagome blushed at seeing him walk away in nothing but a pair of red boxers and a white t-shirt, "God, you're such a jerk!"

"Well you're a wench!"

"Jeepers crimoney, just go to hell!" she screamed and stomped to the bathroom, slamming the door painfully loud, "I can't do this..." she sighed and fell against the door, "I hate... this..." she sobbed, sliding to the floor.

Outside the bathroom Inuyasha curled his fists. He'd felt bad about making her cry but... No, I am not going to apologize... he scolded himself mentally. But something had to be done, they couldn't keep on fighting like this. It could take forever to find Naraku and he didn't want to have to put up with it that long. It was just impossible. He needed to talk to her.

He sighed and knocked on the bathroom door, "Kagome, you decent?"

No answer.

"Kagome, if you don't answer, I'm coming in." he forewarned.

Again, no answer.

"Fine." he said as he slid his claw down the crack of the door and heard a familiar 'click', "I'm coming in." he said dryly and opened the door. No one. No one was in there. Not just that, the window was opened. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! "Stupid bitch!" he yelled. He quickly ran in and threw on some jeans and a red t-shirt and sped out the door.

Kagome wandered down a few blocks, lucky for her she'd left some clothes in the bathroom from the night before. The funny part was, Inuyasha had left his wallet on the sink. So, she grabbed a twenty. She needed some time to herself anyways, she'd already stopped by the video store, coffee shop, the arcade for some Dance Dance Revolution, and browsed the flower shop. Now she was reading in the library. Eventually a few hours turned into a few more hours and she still wasn't bored. The more time the merrier. That was until she spotted a black Honda Civic sitting on the curb outside. This wouldn't have disturbed her had she not spotted that same car at the arcade, the flower and now, the library. Then a thought came to mind, the car hadn't been at the video store or the coffee shop, but it wasn't at the arcade until after she left. So it was all right and they didn't see where she came from. She'd been so aware of it's movements because of her frequent paranoia, every time she'd gone out with Inuyasha she'd been worried she'd be found out by the Yakuza or whoever had been trying to kill her. I will not leave this place until that car does... she thought anxiously.

"Excuse me, miss? Are you all right? You look as if you're ill." said a librarian who'd been stocking the shelves nearby.

She looked up quickly, "Oh yes, yes, I'm fine thanks." she smiled.

"All right, miss." she smiled.

Kagome turned back to the window to see the car doors opening. Two men in black suits stepped out and began turn to the library, "Oh shit!" she said and bounded towards the restrooms. She quickly climbed up on the commode and stood there, waiting, "This is it..." she said to herself. The door opened and she could hear footsteps coming toward her. In a spur of the moment idea she waited until they got directly in front of her and kicked the door open with as much force as she could muster. She'd managed to hit one of them in the face and knock the other into the stall next to her. She leaped out and ran for dear life to the door, that was... until she was tripped. She looked up, the man she'd hit with the door was still kneeled over, bleeding profusely. It was the man she'd knock into the stall. Her mind ran faster and faster, what could she do?! She just did what she could, she brought her foot up and kicked the man straight in the groin.

"Son of a fucking bitch!!!! You little bitch!!!" he hollered, cupped his hands over his crotch.

She quickly made a move to get up and sprint out of the library as fast as possible. Her legs were moving faster than they ever had before, but she slowed as she swung into an alley and crouched behind a pyramid of boxes. She didn't know exactly what she'd do at this point, but she was sure that she wasn't going to move for a while.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha had been searching high and low for her. He hadn't known where to go at first and then a memory of the bookstore came into mind. She took his wallet, but he figured, she wasn't going buy a book with the twenty she took. So, his next option was the library. She may have been there, but her scent was everywhere. It was hard to track with all the different smells and hers not being the more overpowering one. Once he'd gotten there, he could smell her, but it was as if she'd just left. So he followed her scent to an alley behind an old hangout of his. She was there, she was so close he could smell her. And was she ever going to get a bitching.

AN: I know this chapter was short, but it's the best I can do. I'll have chapter four up tonight.