InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Treason of the Heart ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Chapter 1
 
Kagome P.O.V.
 
I have to keep running. If I stop, I'll die. My mind tells me to continue but my legs say rest. I can hear him among the trees and I know he's closing in. The last thing I need is- damn it! Why me? Why that stupid tree branch? I press my back to the nearest tree as I hear a thud. He's coming. Nervously, I peek from behind the tree and see him walking towards me. I hold my breath and lean against the tree again. For a while, there is no noise. I stand up and look to the place where he was. No one was there. Where did he go? At the moment, I didn't care. The bone-eaters well was in sight. I ran to it thinking, my luck had changed. I was so wrong.
 
Out of nowhere, he landed in front of me and put his hand around my throat. What have I done to deserve this? With a hand still grasping my throat, he slammed me into the nearest tree. I winced from the sudden impact. It's over. There is nothing left for me. My pleading brown eyes gazed into his merciless gold ones. I gasped as his free claw tore through the flesh of my abdomen and reached in. He has found what he has been looking for. I know he will just leave me here to die. That is what he did 50 years ago, and to someone he loved more than me. He removed his hand from inside of me and placed the Shikon jewel inside his haori. He kissed me gently on the forehead, and then let me fall to the ground. I looked up at him one last time and uttered the last word that would ever leave my mouth.
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
He walked away and I felt no more pain as blackness surrounded me.