InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Treason of the Heart ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Chapter 2
 
Normal P.O.V.
 
An ear-splitting scream came from the upstairs bedroom in the new Higurashi home. Footsteps rushed towards the source of the noise. Mrs. Higurashi went in to find her daughter sitting straight up in bed, panting and looking frantically around the room. She rushed over to her, wiping the sweat from her face and continuously asking, “What's wrong?” Kagome had just noticed that through the sweat were tears. She was crying. When her breathing was under control, she told her mother and brother that they could go back to bed. Her little brother, Souta, left without hesitation. However, her mother closed the door behind him and sat on the bed next to her.
 
“What's wrong?”
 
Kagome looked down, avoiding her mother's gaze.
 
“I don't know. I just keep dreaming about him. But with every dream, I learn more about him.”
 
“The way you were screaming just now, I'm pretty sure this was no dream. Maybe you should go see a therapist.”
 
“But mom-”
 
“No buts. I thought that moving away from the shrine would stop these dreams. Seems to me that things have only gotten worse.”
 
Kagome had nothing to say. She knew her mother was right.
 
She sighed, “When's my first day?”
 
Mrs. Higurashi hugged her daughter. “I'll make an appointment for you in the morning. Until then, get some sleep.
 
She got up and walked to the door.
 
“Goodnight Kagome. Try not to dream.”
 
She turned off the light and closed the door behind her. Finally, alone, Kagome decided she could say what was on her mind.
 
“Is this great or what,” she asked no one with fake enthusiasm. “I'm dreaming of death by someone I only see in my dreams, my mom thinks I'm crazy, and it's our first night in the new house and I've probably scared the neighbors. Can this get any better?”
 
At that moment, she heard a noise outside of her window. She looked and saw a dark figure looking in from his or her spot on the big tree outside of her window. All she could really see was a pair of glowing amber eyes. She got up and walked to the window. Could it really be? Was it actually-?
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
She opened her window and looked back at her bedroom door to make sure no one was there. When she turned back around, he was gone. Kagome closed her window and got back into bed.
 
“Maybe I am crazy…”
 
Inuyasha P.O.V.
 
“I can't believe I almost let her see me! But I couldn't help it. She's just so…” * I sighed as I climbed into the window of my house, which happened to be the neighboring home to the Higurashi'. All I wanted to do now was get into bed and not wake up for a week or so.
 
“You were out awfully late, were you not, little brother? It is almost 4;00 a.m.”
 
I wasn't surprised to see my older half-brother sitting at my computer desk.
 
“What do you want Sesshomaru?”
 
“I wanted to see what you had done to scare the miko into screaming like she was being murdered.”
 
He smirked as he left the room. I slammed the door behind him. I hope he has a bald spot when he wakes up in the morning.
 
“Damn Sesshomaru,” I mumbled as I flopped down on my bed. “So she needs a therapist, huh? I'll talk to mom in the morning.”
 
I rolled over and fell asleep, waiting for the day ahead. Tomorrow was going to be interesting.