InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Treason of the Heart ❯ Dream Catcher ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
I got my first ever review and it gave me reason to keep writing! Thank you JaJamalory97! This chapter is somewhat long and the beginning is boring. You have been warned… Review! I forgot to mention this too, I do not own Inuyasha.
 
Chapter 3
 
Normal P.O.V.
 
“Yes… Uh-hum… Thank you. We will see you later on today, then, Dr. Takahasi. Bye.” Mrs. Higurashi hung up the phone.
 
Kagome trudged down the stairs zombified. She sat on a stool in the kitchen at the counter and planted her face into the plate of pancakes that had been waiting for her.
 
“Good news, sweet heart. You're going to therapy today.”
 
Kagome sat up so fast that a pancake was sticking to her face when she asked,
 
“Already? How did you find me a therapist quickly?”
 
“It was fairly easy, actually. When I came in the kitchen this morning, the phone book was opened on the counter and a name and number were underlined.”
 
“But mama-”
 
She stopped in the middle of her sentence when she saw the death glare her mother was giving her.
 
“When is it?”
 
“12:30. Go get dressed. You have two hours.”
 
Kagome P.O.V.
 
“Let me see, I have two hours before therapy. What to wear, what to wear, how to style my hair?”
 
I got in the shower and lost myself in my thoughts. Is it necessary to share this kind of thing with a stranger? I hope she's good because I can guarantee she has never had a client as strange as me. After I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and rummaged through my closet.
 
“Hmmm… I'm not depressed and I didn't lose anyone so I don't need to dress as if I'm going to a funeral. I'm not a physco, so I don't need to dress up as a rainbow. Maybe a light color and a dark color. After a few minutes of searching, I found a pink and black plaid skirt and a gray tank top. I threw my hair into a messy bun. “Now for make-up.”
 
An hour later, I came downstairs with grey eye shadow and pale pink lip-gloss, silver flats, my selected outfit, and a jacket that matched my skirt.
 
“Ok mom, I'm ready.”
 
“I can see that,” she commented, as she looked me up and down.
 
“Can we leave now?”
 
“There is still time before your appointment. Let's drive around for a bit and get to know the town.”
 
“Do we have to?”
 
“Do you have another ride to get there?”
 
Sometimes I wondered why she wasn't a lawyer or something. We drove around for a bit and she showed me a few key places: School, the park, the grocery store, and where she worked. When we went into the waiting area of the therapy office, I went into to shock. It was stunning. I wouldn't have minded living here if it wasn't for the fact that it had no bedrooms. In the center of the room were four white couches in square formation, a small circular glass table beside each. An immense chandelier hung over head and just outside was a garden with a small fishpond. While I had been looking around dumbstruck, my mom had signed me in and was now dragging me to room FE5. When we went in, we saw a beautiful woman who looked to be in her mid twenties. My mother was never the person to not say what she was thinking, so she said,
 
“Aren't you a little young to be working here? I thought I would be leaving my daughter with someone of much more experience. No offense to you, though, for I am sure you have learned much.”
 
To my surprise, instead of being hurt by what my mother had said, she was humored.
 
“I am glad to see you weren't discouraged by that. We will just be leaving now.”
 
“Wait,” she said still smiling sweetly, “I am sorry if you were fooled by my young appearance. Actually, I am 43 years old and have been working here for 17 years.”
 
She saw that my mother still didn't believe her and handed her a picture frame from off of her desk.
 
“This is a picture of my family that we took last year. That is me, my husband, my son, and step-son.”
 
In the portrait was a human Inuyasha in his fire rat robes, Sesshomaru in his usual armor, Inutaisho in armor similar to Sesshomaru's, and Izayoi in a traditional kimono. As I tried to look at it, though, she took it back from my mother and placed it face down on her desk.
 
“Now Kagome, if you could just take a seat there,” she pointed at a brown leather chair, “I just need to talk to your mother.”
 
I sat and watched them talking, but couldn't make out what was being said. I watched outside the window as I waited for her to sit down. On the other side of the hedge outside, I could have sworn I saw someone looking at me. I was so focused on that, that I jumped slightly when the therapist called my name.
 
“What are you looking at?” she asked.
 
“It's nothing.”
 
“O.k. Kagome. I am Dr. Takahashi and I will be your therapist for the next few months until we solve your problem. Which is…?”
 
“Well, you see, I've been having these dreams. At first, I thought they were just random. You know, dreams that come once and have little to no meaning,” I looked at her and she nodded for me to continue.
 
“I thought it was like that, but they kept coming. It wasn't the same dream, though. Just the same person in each dream.”
 
“And who is this person?”
 
“His name is Inuyasha. He's an orphaned hanyou, so I've never seen his parents.”

“Your mother told me you moved here because of the dreams. Why is that?”
 
“When I was younger, my grandfather would tell me stories of an inu hanyou and a beautiful priestess. He told how much they loved each other and how he killed her because of the Shikon no Tama.”
 
“I have heard the story.”
 
“In my dreams, I was also a priestess. But, I came many years after the first one and my spiritual powers were not as great as hers.”

I looked out of the window as I remembered how I was always compared to her.
 
“I was never good enough to live up to her, but Inuyasha loved me anyway. At least, I thought he did.”
 
Just then, I started to laugh at my stupidity. Dr. Takahashi placed her hand on mine. I regained control of myself and continued my story.
 
“I told my mom about it and she thought it was because of how long we had been living at the shrine. She thought that if we moved, they would stop. They didn't. In fact, they've gotten worse. Last night, he killed me and stole the jewel. It scared the life out of me. And when I woke up, I thought I saw him looking at me from outside my window!”
 
I sighed and asked, “You think I'm crazy too, don't you?”
 
“No. I've seen worse.”
 
“Really?”
 
“No. But sometimes, I have to lie to make people feel better. Did that make you feel better?”
 
“A little…”
 
“Tell you what. Since you are having dream problems and I'm your neighbor and therapist, I'll-”
 
“You're my what?!?”
 
“Your therapist?”
 
“Before that.”

“Neighbor.”
 
“Yeah, that. Since when have you been my neighbor?”
 
“Since you moved in and woke me up last night.”
 
I blushed knowing that my screaming had been noticed.
 
“Come on. There is something at my house that I think might help you.”
 
We left and rode in silence, the only sound being the music playing from the Evanescence cd.
 
“I didn't know you listened to Evanescence.”
 
“I don't. Not really, anyway. My daughter does.”
 
“You have a daughter?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Oh.”
 
We were finally at her house.
 
Just stay in here and I will be back. You can call your mom and tell her where you are.”
 
She handed me the phone and went upstairs. I waited for a while and heard someone coming in through the back door.
 
“Mom, I'm home!”
 
I couldn't help but be curious. The voice sounded so familiar. I walked into the kitchen and saw someone with his or her back facing me. I figured it was a male because he was masculine. I was really enjoying the back view, though. His long, black hair was pulled into a ponytail, so I had a perfect view of… I am such a pervert. I decided to try to get his attention.
 
“Excuse me.”
 
He was in the process of turning to look at me when someone grabbed my shoulders and pulled me out of the kitchen. I looked into the face of Dr. Takahashi.
 
“I was just… looking around! Who was that?”

“That was my son. Come with me.”
 
She led me back into the living room and gave me a strange object.
 
“This is a dream catcher. If you put it over your bed before you go to sleep, it will stop you from having nightmares.”
 
I thanked her for it and went home. That night, I slept peacefully and didn't dream at all. However, the next morning, I was disappointed because I still had school.