InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Treason of the Heart ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
Sorry it took me so long to update. I went out of town and I'm trying to write more than one chapter at a time to catch up. Once again, I apologize.
Inuyasha P.O.V.
 
Kagome, Kagome, Kagome. That's all mom talks about. What's so great about her anyway? I mean, sure she's smart, kind, caring, beautiful, fiery… OK! I admit it! She amazing! But, there is never a sentence that leaves my mother's mouth that isn't about Kagome. Best of all, I'm the lucky person that always gets to listen to her ramble on and on. At least I could use the information to my own advantage today.
“She's been doing so well! I think I can take the dream catcher back from her and see how that goes. Maybe after dinner I'll go over there and-”
I cut her off, “I'll do it! I can go right now.”
“I don't know Inu…”
“It's not like I'm going to eat her. She's not even home.”
“Well…”
“Thanks mom!”
I ran next door and waited for someone to answer the door. Mrs. Higurashi greeted me with a smile.
“How can I help you, young man?”
“I'm Dr. Takahashi's son. My mom sent me here to get her what-cha-ma-call-it. I'll be quick so I don't disturb anyone.”
“It's no problem. Kagome's not home yet so you can go right on in. Her room is upstairs on the right.”
“Thank you.”
She smiled and walked into the kitchen. I hadn't needed her to tell me where Kagome's room was because I already knew, but she didn't need to know that. I opened the door to her room and looked around. It looked the same as usual. So… normal. I breathed in, inhaling her sweet scent. It was intoxicating. …I've got to keep my focus. I sighed and looked at the dream-catcher hanging on the wall at the head of her bed. It stood out against her plain white walls and pink, flowery comforter. I don't know why she needs it anyways. Whether she will admit it or not, she likes to see me in her dreams. Stubborn girl just doesn't want to admit it.
I grabbed the dream-catcher and was about to leave when something caught my attention. In the rocking chair next to her bookshelf was a red-headed doll smiling at me. That's strange because I don't remember it being there. It was so life-like and…creepy. Had this been a scary movie, I would have been dead. I did the stupid thing and was curious instead of leaving while I had the chance. I walked over to it and placed the dream-catcher at my feet. I knelt down and examined it. Was that a heartbeat I heard? Is it staring at me? But this is a doll. Dolls don't stare or have hearts. Why didn't I think of this before? Creepy red-headed doll that came out of nowhere. This is like a Japanese Chucky doll! I poked it in the eye and it pushed me backwards so I fell on my butt. He was on his feet and rubbing his eye. He looked angry.
“What the hell was that for? Do you always go around poking random people in the eyes or just the cute red-headed ones?”
I was in shock so I just stared at him. He knocked on my head and asked,
“Hello? Anybody in there? Or is your brain still on vacation from all the hard work it did to help you pass the first grade?”
I snapped out of it and yelled, “You're a doll! Dolls don't talk!”
“As cute as I may be, I'm no doll. I have a beating heart and blood coursing through my veins! I breathe and eat and sleep. I am a living human like everyone else in this house except for the dumb mutt who thought I was a doll!
I was annoyed now. I flicked him on the forehead and he attacked me. I fell backwards on my back and heard something crack under me, but paid it no attention. We wrestled like that until we heard someone clear their throat at the door. We both looked up into the face of an angry Kagome. Little Red scrambled to his feet and started telling her lies like, “He broke in!” and, “He attacked me when I tried to stop him!” I just sat there looking like an idiot hoping that maybe I would be shrouded by a cloak of invisibility. She continued to glare at me so I guessed that Plan A wasn't working. Time for Plan B. I darted for the open window, but it closed in front of my face. I looked back and saw Kagome looking at the cracked pieces of wood spread on her floor from the… dream-catcher. I'm in trouble now. Maybe I can try to calm her down before she explodes. I walked over to her cautiously and held my hands up.
“Now Kagome, don't do anything that you might regret later.”
Little Red hopped up on my shoulder and asked, “How do you know her name, you freaky stalker!?”
“Who are you calling a stalker, Chucky Jr.?”
“My name is Shippo, but you probably already knew that…”
“I'm not a stalker!”
“Move Shippo.”
Those were the first words she had spoken since she stood in the doorway. He did as he was told and I was once again afraid. Was she going to hit me? Or purify me? Or worst of all, would she yell? Anything but that! I came out of my thoughts when I heard her scream. I looked up in time to see her running towards me, but couldn't move. She tackled me to the floor and straddled hips while punching any part of me that she could reach. I covered my face. While she was hitting me she screamed,
“Stay away from me and my family you psychotic bastard! Just leave me alone!”
I don't know how long we were like that before Shippo pulled her off of me. I don't know how he did seeing as he was just a runt and she was a fully grown (not to mention angry) teenage girl, but I didn't care. When she was up, she looked ready to pounce again. This I was ready. I got up and prepared for impact. She got out of fighting stance and put her head down. I thought it was a trick to get me to let my guard down, so I stayed where I was. I stopped wondering when she was going to attack again when I saw her trembling and smelled salt. I was walking over to comfort her when she said,
“Stop. Just leave now.”
I tried to protest but she wouldn't listen. She interrupted me and said,
“Just get the hell out! You've done enough.”
I didn't argue with her. I just left the room and went downstairs with Shippo following closely behind me.
Kagome P.O.V.
I can't believe this. He was just supposed to be a figment of my imagination! So why and how was he here? I knew this wasn't a dream because I would have woken screaming by now. But how was it possible? Let's just be rational, Kags. There has to be some sort of explanation as to why the guy from your dreams is here. Not to mention attacking my cousin and breaking my stuff… My dream-catcher! I had been living a normal without these nightmares and now they're coming back to haunt me! I could almost hear them laughing at me. Damn it!
“Kagome! Time for dinner!” my mom yelled up the stairs.
“Not hungry!” I yelled back.
“Were having Ramen.” She sang.
“I'll be right down!”
Ramen was one of my all-time favorite foods. I couldn't say no to it. I rushed down the stairs but stopped dead in my tracks. My mother grabbed my arm and pushed me in a chair next to Souta.
“We have a guest joining us for dinner.”
I growled at the dark haired male sitting across the table from me. My mother slapped me on the back of the head.
“OWWW! Momma!”
She looked at me innocently and asked, “Nani?”
I heard dog boy across the tabled laughing and I glared at him. Our dinner was served and I quickly at my three bowls of Ramen. (A new personal record! 3 minutes and 17 seconds!)
“May I be excused?” I asked my mom
“Of course dear. Say goodnight to our guest first.”
“Goodnight to our guest.”
I kissed each of my family members on the cheek and stormed past Inuyasha without a second glance. When I got in my room, I slammed the door shut. As I was getting ready for bed, I saw Inuyasha looking at me through his bedroom window next door. I closed the window and pulled the curtain. I looked towards my bed and saw the imaginary sign in bright, neon lights saying:
“Welcome back to hell, Kagome. We have missed you.”
This was going to be a long night. I got in bed, closed my eyes, and waited for the horror and pain.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
Can't talk. Must start next chapter.