InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two brothers ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 2
 
A/N: I am happily surprised by the great reviews I got for this little story. Thank you so much guys!
 
On FF.net
Sesshkagufan13
ALLheartsONfraya
 
ArtemisdelaLune (So much covered, where to start? Well about the ages, I guess I just like torturing Kagura around those years lol. It's true that some aspects of this are similar to Rewinding Time, but the focus of the other story was supposed to be little Rin and Sessh's relation with his father. It wasn't my fault if he ended up running after Kagura; I couldn't control my fingers lol. In this story I think Inuyasha will be the most OOC character, but I'll do my best to be true to him. I may be a Sessh/Kagura fan, but don't discard Inuyasha so easily ;) Also don't worry I have all of the story mapped out, so it won't be a bother to update daily.)
 
Anne Lynn
Kiari13
Soojinyeh
 
Killersupergirl (Here's your update. Not to much of a wait, no?)
 
Bibliophile Nincompoop
Sychotic
 
On MM.org
Zetsuii (I consider the Inuyasha/Kagura pairing a totally improbable funny guilty pleasure lol. Maybe it will be enough to sway me towards having them end ogether...)
 
Disclaimer: Don't own, don't sue.
 
Talking”
'Thoughts'
 
 
As soon as the two men became visible to Kagura, her breath caught in her throat. 'This is a nightmare,' She thought, a sick feeling of panic rising inside her. 'This can't be... it's really him!'
 
The wind sorceress came to her feet with difficulty. She gathered her courage and looked straight into the eyes of her boyfriend's older half brother. Contrary to hers his eyes did not show surprise, pain or fear, not even a trace of recognition.
 
'But I know it's really him. Sesshoumaru, the first man I ever loved, the man who broke my heart all those years ago...' She thought fighting the incoming tears she could feel gathering inside her.
 
“I am Kagura, nice to meet you.” She finally blurted out extending a shaking hand in the direction of the newcomer.
 
“Sesshoumaru Takahashi, all the pleasure is mine” He answered an amused smirk on his lips. To Kagura's surprise his large clawed hand took hers gently and after shaking it let it go.
 
“Yeah well that's my bastard of a half brother, and this is my girlfriend. Okay so now that we all know each other, you can leave Sessh!” Inuyasha said with a bright smile.
 
Girlfriend?!” Sesshoumaru echoed, finally showing some surprise, a contrast from the mask of cold indifference he had on earlier.
 
“Do you really need me to spell it out for you? I know that even you had a girl at some point in you life... Poor thing I wonder what she had seen in you.” The younger of the two brothers scoffed in mockery.
 
“Probably the same thing Kagura sees in you...” The dog demon retorted as he averted his piercing golden eyes to the woman by his brother's side.
 
“Keh! Don't imply we're remotely alike, please! Well now you can tell our dear old man that you fulfilled your big brotherly duty by paying me a visit and you can go back to your hotel.” Inuyasha once once more tried to get rid of his brother.
 
“Did this Sesshoumaru interrupt something?” He asked taking a deep breath. His sharp sense of smell could tell the dog demon that nothing had yet to have happened between the couple. To his dismay the realization made him want to crack a small smile.
 
“Yeah, and we'd like to get back to it. You know where the door is, see ya!” The half demon said joyfully a smirk on his lips.
 
“Actually you know what he can stay. You two should catch up and stuff... I have to go anyway... I've got lots of work to do and all... Anyway I'll see you tomorrow” Kagura fumbled to let out as she hurried to the couch to get her purse and coat.
 
“I hope to see you again Miss Kaze.” Sesshoumaru said with a slight nod, his deep voice making Kagura shiver, in fright or pleasure she could not tell.
 
“Goodbye Mister Takahashi. See you tomorrow Inu.” Without another word she ran to the door on shaky legs.
 
“Keh! There now you made her run away!” Inuyasha groaned.
 
“Did I? It was not my intention. Miss Kaze seems like quite a nice person...” The dog demon remarked quite proud of himself.
 
“How do you know her last name? She only introduced herself as Kagura.” Inuyasha asked his brother raising a dark brow in surprise.
 
“You are mistaken. Well it's not surprising for a hanyou such as yourself to have bad hearing after all...” Sesshoumaru said silently cursing his slip of the tongue. 'It seems the witch wishes not to let Inuyasha know of our past; fine by me.'
 
“In any case you have never mentioned her in your scarce letters. How long have you been together? Are the two of you even serious?” As much as he tried to hide it, Sesshoumaru's curiosity and jealous nature had gotten the best of him.
 
“Oh hell no! You did not just ask me if I was in love with my girlfriend?!” Inuyasha asked his half sibling in surprise.
 
“I did no such thing!” Sesshoumaru shot back horrified. “I was merely curious. By the way she is older than you...”
 
“Bah only by four years. Besides you like women younger than you wasn't your ex five years your junior or something?” He asked his older brother as he served himself a drink and raised an empty glass in invitation.
 
“Bourbon with ice. This... Kagura, where did the two of you meet?” Sesshoumaru asked settling himself comfortably on the couch, waiting for his brother to bring him his drink. He had purposely not answered Inuyasha's earlier question. Sesshoumaru had after all no intention to tell his brother the identity of the ex lover in question was none other than Kagura.
 
'And the witch is three years younger than me, not five.' The dog demon could however not help but correct in his head.
 
“Kagura works at the same place as I, she's actually my superior. Because of that at first she didn't want to go out with me... well it's also that she had a hard time getting over her bastard of an ex-boyfriend, who abandoned her. Anyway I managed to get her after some efforts. You know how no one can resist me anyway.” The hanyou explained with a small satisfied smile
 
“So you say...” Sesshoumaru mumbled thoughtfully. Despite his working against it, his mind kept playing in his head images of his time with Kagura.
 
Shaking his head to dispel his fond memories, he then got to his feet and addressed his younger brother “It seems that your date has been canceled. Come on let us go out; I will buy you dinner.”
 
“You? The man who wrote the book on how to be stingy?!” Inuyasha asked in surprise.
 
“I will pay if you order something other than ramen or potato chips.” Sesshoumaru smirked.
 
“Feh! You have no taste in food. Fine, let me get my coat.” Inuyasha said after gulping down his glass. He got to his feet and the two brothers left together in apparent good spirits. Little did Inuyasha know that his brother's mind was busy thinking of a certain crimson eyed wind sorceress.
 
 
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000
 
 
“Can you send the information on the Mikimoto account to the legal department?” Kagura asked not even bothering to lift her eyes from the glowing monitor of the computer on her desk.
 
“Don't you remember? I already did. What's wrong with you. You seem to be out of it today.” Inuyasha answered a small frown marring his face.
 
'Yeah well you'd be out of it and quite shocked too if you just found out the first man you ever loved was your boyfriend's brother!' She thought with a deep sigh getting to her feet. In truth as much as she tried, Kagura could not concentrate on her work.
 
Without speaking a word, Kagura walked around her desk to face her boyfriend and and to his surprise press a gentle kiss to his lips. Their kiss was interrupted by a knock on the door. A fraction of a second later, the door of Kagura's office was opened.
 
“Damn it! Why are you here?!” Inuyasha barked angrily. Seeing the young human entering her office, Kagura quickly walked over to sit back behind her desk.
 
“I'm sorry but the printer got jammed again. Kouga tried to repair it, but it's still down. Kagura could you call the repairman or something?” Kagome asked her boss, doing her best to keep a blush off her cheeks at imagining what exactly she had just interrupted.
 
“Keh! I bet you broke it. After all you're such a clumsy wench.” Inuyasha mocked his co worker.
 
“No Sango did. Anyway what do you know about technology? Your solution to any technical problem is dumbly banging on the defenseless machines.!” Kagome retorted angrily.
 
“Shut up! Just go help her fix the damn printer!” Kagura growled. Her blast from the past in the return of Sesshoumaru had made her usually short tempered nature even worse.
 
“Thanks. Inuyasha I'll be waiting.” Kagome said with a small satisfied smile as she left her boss's office. In truth the young human could not stand her hanyou co-worker. She often wondered if her aversion for Inuyasha had anything to do with the apparent rivalry between the hanyou and her boyfriend Kouga.
 
“Fine I'm going...boss” The hanyou said with a pout vexed to have been scolded.
 
“Oh come on puppy don't be angry. I'm sorry for being all snappy with you. I'm just out of it today.” The wind sorceress sigh feeling ashamed by her reaction.
 
“I'm working late, but I'll drop by your place tonight, we still have to make up for yesterday. Don't go to sleep too early, okay?” Kagura said a seductive smile on her lips. 'I wont's let Sesshoumaru ruin more of my life. He gave up on me, but it won't stop me from achieving happiness. And I know I can be happy with Inuyasha.'
 
“Yeah okay.” He mumbled with reddened cheeks as he walked out of her office.
 
 
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000
 
 
''Damn it!” Kagura cursed as she looked down at her wrist watch. “Stupid Friday meetings taking forever.”
 
“You seem to be in a hurry.” She heard a deep voice say behind her. The wind sorceress stopped dead in her tracks.
 
'Why now?' She lamented. After all she was merely a few feet away from where her car was parked in her company's parking lot.
 
“Sesshoumaru?...” She asked turning around. Sure enough the dog demon was standing not far away, finishing smoking his cigarette.
 
“What are you doing here?” She asked in surprise straightening her back. The wind sorceress intended to look brave in front of him, even if she felt miserable inside.
 
“I was told I could find you here, so I was waiting for you. We need to talk” He answered gravely taking a few steps in her direction.
 
“No. I don't think so. My boyfriend is waiting for me.” Kagura disagreed. She meant to turn around and get into her car, but a deep growl coming out of Sesshoumaru's throat made her stop any movement.
 
“Witch you will not be able to get away this easily this time around...” He trailed off stopping in front of Kagura. She shivered slightly and nervously took steps back as she noticed the cruel light dancing in his golden eyes. She gasped once she realized that the dog demon had managed to trap her against the wall.
 
“You have no where else to run to now.” He said lowering his gaze to peer in her crimson eyes.
 
 
To be continued...
 
A/N: That's it for part 2. I wonder what Sesshy could want with her... we'll see in the next one, which will be up tomorrow.