InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two brothers ❯ Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 4
 
 
A/N: Do rejoice this part marks the beginning of the drama (as if there wasn't any before lol) in the story. Part 4 will also be longer than the previous ones.
 
On FF.net
Sesskagufan13
ALLheartsONfraya
Anne Lynn
Kiari13
Soojinyeh
Sychotic
Bibliophile Nincompoop
ALLheartsONfraya
 
ArtemisdelaLune (Looks like somebody's waiting for the fireworks lol. I agree with the smoking thin, but since I had made it an issue between them in the one shot Rivalry of my collection of one shot SOWACM. I didn't feel like using it again…. Or maybe I'm just lazy lol. Well Sesshy has a great ability called perfect timing, which helps Saphira greatly in dramatic scenes lol.)
 
Killersupergirl (Yeah Sesshy was bad, but he'll do anything to get the woman he wants… that's romantic… sort of…lol)
 
On MM.org
Zetsuii (Yes Sesshy wasn't really the nice guy here… We will see what his revelations will do to poor Inuyasha.)
 
Disclaimer: Don't own, don't sue.
 
“Talking”
'Thoughts'
 
 
“I'm hungry, so I was about to go grab a bite in the kitchen.” Kagura said uncomfortably. 'If you knew that before coming here I was making out with your brother, you wouldn't embrace me lie that...' She thought disgusted.
 
“Give up. There's only ramen, and you hate it.” He chuckled pressing a small kiss to the side of her neck.
 
“That's because it's not real food.” She joked back at him little shivers going down her spine due to his ministrations. Kagura tried to gently get away from Inuyasha. She did not want him to see the hickey Sesshoumaru had left on the side of her neck. Unfortunately for her, the hanyou was not willing to let her go just yet...
 
“Feh! It's rather that you have no taste at all.” Inuyasha said turning Kagura around to press a sounding kiss to her lips.
 
“If she did she wouldn't be with you little brother.” A deep voice said behind them.
 
Inuyasha broke his kiss from Kagura and turned around in shock. “Sesshoumaru? What the fuck are you dong here?! And how did you even get in here?!” He screamed at his older half brother.
 
“A pleasure to see you too Inuyasha. Kagura. You have a very nice old lady for a neighbor, she let me in. Also you should learn how o lock your front door...” The dog demon answered as he walked towards the couple.
 
“No seriously. What are you doing here?” The wind sorceress asked having a hard time breathing. Seeing the two men next to each other like this was harder for her to handle than she might have thought.
 
“I hate lying to my brother.” The older sibling said with a sigh. “Kagura don't you think it's about time to tell Inuyasha about the two of us?” Sesshoumaru asked raising a thin eyebrow, a proud smirk on his lips.
 
“What the hell?! Since when do you two know each other? I thought you just met when I introduced you...” The hanyou said shocked as he let go of Kagura's waist.
 
“Don't.” Kagura ordered Sesshoumaru. “I should be the one to tell him, not you.” 'How dare that egoistical bastard think he can just air out our secrets like that?! I won't let him use me just to hurt his brother.'
 
“I don't get it. Will one of you just freaking explain already?!” Inuyasha asked angrily, his ears twitching in aggravation. He hated the feeling of not being into the big secret.
 
“It is quite simple. You, little brother are not the one Tashio brother Kagura has been with.” Sesshoumaru explained with an unconcerned shrug. He averted his gaze to Kagura and winced slightly when he noticed the incredulous and hurt look in her crimson eyes.
 
“You mean... you and her?! What? When?” Inuyasha gasped taking a step away from his girlfriend. His voice sounded a little hoarse, an indication of how shocked he was by his brother's revelation.
 
“Before I left for New York. At the time you were away at the private school Izayoi had insisted on sending you to. As you may recall, I had however told you about the woman I was seeing...” The older sibling explained. Despite what he had expected, Sesshoumaru did not get any satisfaction from seeing his brother's reaction.
 
'Maybe a few years ago I might have reveled in Inuyasha's pain, but now that I know how heartbreak feels; I cannot help but empathize.' The dog demon thought.
 
“I remember.” Inuyasha acknowledged, not mentioning that he recalled his brother telling him at the time that despite their young age, he was very serious about the woman he was seeing and even wanted to marry her. On the other hand as much as he tried, Inuyasha could not recall what had ended his brother's relationship with the woman.
 
“I'm sorry I should have told you before, but it doesn't matter that was in the past. Now I'm with you. I'm happy with you.” Kagura said with a weak smile extending her hand towards Inuyasha, who ignored it.
 
“Does what happened earlier this evening count as the past as well?” The full fledged dog demon asked his ex girlfriend recalling their heated kiss. To Kagura's surprise he moved quickly and looped his finger under the collar of her white shirt, expertly revealing the mark he had left earlier on her neck.
 
Kagura gasped in shock and just as she was about to explain to Inuyasha what had happened between Sesshoumaru and her, she saw a red shirt clad figure jump on Sesshoumaru.
 
“What the hell did you do to her you bastard?!” The younger sibling asked angrily as he laid a resonating punch on his brother's jaw.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagura cried out running towards the two brothers.
 
“Wench stay out of this.” Her boyfriend growled. After Inuyasha finished talking, his brother returned the favor by punching the half demon on the eye.
 
“Stop it you two idiots!” The wind sorceress pleaded. She walked over to the two brothers and struggled to get in between the two of them.
 
“Stay out of it.” Sesshoumaru scolded her as he pushed her away to easily block the incoming punch of Inuyasha. “How slow. Are you losing your touch little brother?”
 
“Shut up you bastard! I've been meaning to teach you a lesson for quite some years.” The half demon spat angrily, freeing himself from his brother's hold.
 
The two brothers stared into each other's eyes with pure hatred, standing merely a few inches apart. Both were assessing their opponent, waiting for an opportunity to strike.
 
'Damn it! I can't believe their fighting over me. I don't want that to happen. I am making everyone suffer.' Kagura thought feeling completely miserable.
 
“Please stop fighting.” She pleaded softly, her dark bangs hiding her teary crimson eyes.
 
The two brothers stopped glowering at each other immediately. They were both used to Kagura's outbursts, but never had they heard her sound so hurt, sad and broken.
 
“Kagura...” The two brothers spoke at the same time. Her intervention had made them forget their urge to pound into each other, at least for the moment.
 
“Sesshoumaru, could you leave?” She then asked still staring downwards.
 
“Wind witch.” The older sibling protested. He had not planned by telling Inuyasha about his shared past to have Kagura push him away.
 
“Keh! You heard her, get the hell out of here bastard.” Inuyasha said with a smirk letting a hiss out when he fingered the black eye courtesy of his brother.
 
Narrowing his eyes in anger, without speaking another word, Sesshoumaru walked out of his brother's apartment.
 
“Inuyasha.” Kagura winced as she noticed his injury. “Just so you know all we did tonight was kiss...” The wind sorceress started explaining.
 
“And what? That's supposed to make me feel better?! You lied to me, and you've been going behind my back; with my brother none the less!” He screamed clenching his fist tightly in anger. Despite the fact that he tried containing how hurt he felt inside, the hanyou could not help but blow up. Now that he could not channel his anger at his brother, the hanyou felt the sting of Kagura's betrayal even more.
 
“It's not like that. I was just surprised when I saw him. I had no idea you were brothers... I was planning to tell you about the two of us...” Kagura started to be interrupted by her boyfriend.
 
“No matter what you say, you still cheated. You know what; I think you'd better leave too. I really don't want to talk to you right now!” He told her on a calm voice, a complete contrast to the boiling anger he felt inside.
 
“If that's what you want... Do know that I'm very sorry.” The wind witch said as she walked over to her boyfriend and standing on the tip of her toes pressed a tender kiss to his black eye.
 
As he watched Kagura walk away, Inuyasha had to force himself not to go after her.
 
“Damn you Sesshoumaru!” He cursed under his breath, landing a punch on the wall of his living room. Inuyasha cursed once more when he realized that his display of anger had left a deep indent on his wall.
 
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000
 
 
The wind sorceress wiped away the few tears that had fallen from her eyes and headed for her car. She stopped dead in her tracks when she noticed none other than Sesshoumaru comfortably leaning again the side of her small vehicle.
 
“God! You know they have a name for people like you: stalkers! What do you want now? Haven't you screwed up my life enough?” Kagura asked doing her best to hide how shaken she truly felt over the situation with Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha.
 
“I am simply here to remind you something.” He stated allowing Kagura to push him away to gain access to her car.
 
“And what would that priceless piece of wisdom be?” She questioned with a derisive snort, turning around to face him.
 
“You belong to me.” He stated on a commanding voice tracing a delicate finger along the hickey he had given to her tender neck.
 
“Wow! You just realized that, after all these years?! I'm not dumb I know what you're doing. You're trying to use me to hurt your brother. Inuyasha did say you hated his guts; I just didn't realize how much!” Kagura screamed at him slapping his hand away.
 
“Do not insult me. This Sesshoumaru does not live my life in accordance to my little brother.” He repressed the urge to growl in anger, and raised his hand to gently cradle her cheek.
 
“Really? Well you know what then?! You have the most fucked up personality ever.” She fumed once more slapping his hand away, but this time adding as much force as possible to hurt him. “For years you didn't give a damn about me, having the time of your life wherever you were, but the second you realize I am over you and I am with someone else you decide you want me back?! Well go to hell Sesshoumaru!”
 
At first Kagura intended to get into her car and drive away on that last note, but she could not stand to leave without saying her peace. “I think what's really wrong with you is that you can't stand seeing me happy! You'd wish to see me be all miserable over you.”
 
“You are wrong. I cannot stand seeing you with my brother.” He corrected his reddened golden eyes burning her with their intensity. “You see, ever since we were children my brother and I have always been very competitive.”
 
“Oh wow isn't that a contradiction to what you just said before?! So I'm a toy... no better a bone you two are fighting over like two stupid mutts?! Nice to know.” Kagura spat angrily wiping away a tear of anger and frustration. She turned around and meant to open her car door, but never got it as Sesshoumaru encircled her in his arms.
 
“You know that's not true.” He told her pressing a small kiss to the side of her neck.
 
“Let me go you bastard! You're too late, way too late! You left me, and I moved on maybe you should too!” She fumed struggling, and failing to get him off her.
 
Ignoring her protests he turned her around and held her by the shoulders, shaking her as if he meant to make sure she imprinted in her mind every word he was saying.
 
Staring right in her eyes he spoke “I left you?! Witch do not try to rewrite history in a way that clears you conscience, puts the blame on others and allows you to sleep soundly at night. Do remember exactly what happened seven years ago. I asked you to come with me and you turned me down. You were the one who gave up on our relationship, not me. So do not try to play the abandoned victim routine with me.”
 
“No you didn't ask me, you ordered me. I was eighteen years old and I wanted to go to college and have my own life, and you didn't give me a choice. It was either follow you to the other end of the world or break up! Besides it's not like you even waited for my answer before leaving.” She reminded him anger apparent in her teary eyes. She shrugged her shoulders with force, making Sesshoumaru relinquish his hold on her.
 
“Your hesitation was all the answer I could ever need. And besides why would I wait around for a woman not willing to live with me and for me?” He asked a hurt expression displaying in his eyes.
 
“How can you say that? I was so young; you couldn't expect me to leave everything behind for you without at least giving it some thought. Just like now. Simply because you reappeared in my life doesn't mean that I'm going to dump my boyfriend and ride into the sunset with you. I'm sorry but not everything can go down as you please Sesshoumaru.” She retorted trying to fake some of the resolve she was lacking.
 
“I always go after what I want, and I always win in the end.” He stated confidently.
 
“Sorry, but not this time.” The wind sorceress said shaking her head sadly.
 
A heavy silence lingered between them for a while. They simply stared at each other in silence, just like two opponents facing off in the ring.
 
Kagura gasped when Sesshoumaru suddenly hooked his finger under her chin and kissed her passionately. He abruptly released her and spoke on a cold voice “I see. You want to be free of me? That will be impossible. Why do you think you fell for my brother? Simply because you are unable to love anyone else but me. You fell in love with the part of Inuyasha that is me.” With a grin he added “Remember that the copy can never compare to the original.”
 
“You are so full of it! What do you think? That I waited around for you for seven years?! Not that it's any of your business; I have had lovers and boyfriends before I got with Inuyasha.” Kagura lied blatantly, hoping Sesshoumaru would not call her bluff.
 
“Is that so?” The dog demon murmured thoughtfully, feeling sadness spread through him. “I see. Since it is your wish, from now on I will leave you be. I wish you and Inuyasha the best.” Without another word Sesshoumaru walked away from his past lover.
 
“Sessh...” She called after him, to be completely ignored.
 
'What did that conceited jerk meant' Kagura wondered as she pressed a gentle finger to her lips swollen by his kisses.
 
'That's anyway so not even true. I AM over him!' And I had no idea Inuyasha and him were related when we started going out, so it wasn't as if I am looking for Sesshoumaru into Inuyasha. That bastard doesn't know what he's talking about! She then thought feeling anger course through her veins.
 
Feeling like somebody was watching her; the wind witch turned around, but saw nothing except for some slight movement coming from behind the red living room curtains of Inuyasha's apartment. With an unconcerned shrug, Kagura stepped into her car and drove away.
 
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000
 
 
Inuyasha was busy making himself some ramen when he heard someone knock on his front door. With a sigh he left behind his bowl of comfort food and went to answer the door.
 
“Feh! You don't know when to quit, do you? Well, Kagura I'm still angry, so I don't want to talk to you.” The hanyou said loudly enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear him.
 
“Wrong. It is not the witch but this Sesshoumaru. Open the door Inuyasha.” A grave voice spoke back to him.
 
“Keh! Why would I? Didn't I beat you enough for today?”
 
Sesshoumaru scoffed and ignored his younger brother's jab before speaking. “Open the door little brother. There is something I need to tell you.”
 
 
To be continued...
 
 
A/N: Truths are being revealed and punches exchanged… Hum now what could Sesshoumaru possibly want with his brother? We'll see tomorrow.