InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two InuYashas ❯ Trading A Knick for a Kagome ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two InuYashas

Disclaimer:

I know that I have no legal rights to InuYasha. At least not till after the marriage. *grins mischievously*

InuYasha: *whimpers* *looks pleadingly at the judge*

Judge: I see no reason why we shouldn't let her g--

MissNikki: *shakes head* No Tyemika I get to sleep with him first, after all I'm engaged to him. But I don't mind sharing.

Judge: Well like I was saying I see no reason to let her go just yet.

InuYasha: *smirks triumphantly*

Trading a Knick for a Kagome

Kagome could not remember when she'd been so mad at the hanyou. She shook with blind anger, so blind in fact that she failed to realized that the object of her anger had black hair and violet eyes instead of the sliver hair and the honey yellow eyes that were usually there at this present time in the daylight hours. 'InuYasha you just don't know how lucky you are that we are in public,' Kagome forced a smile on her face as the two came toward her. The one with InuYasha had a goatee that needed trimming and red hair. He was pudgy and short.

InuYasha nudged Shippo when he saw his obsession sitting in the back. "Hey Jewel?" InuYasha just had to be the one she followed he would give anything.

"What puppy? Do you like what you see?" Shippo asked gesturing to the girl who appeared to be smiling at them.

"Shippo man, that's the girl I have been waiting to see. I swear you can have anything if you let me show her around."

Shippo smirked, InuYasha sounded desperate and he intended to take full advantage of it. "Anything?" he said stretching the syllables. "Anything at all?"

InuYasha narrowed his eyes and studied his friend, he stopped walking, "I don't think I like where this is going."

"You know this should be fair. You know a knick for a knack?"

"Fine you can take the car for a week." InuYasha said knowing that Shippo wanted nothing else more then the car. "Is it a deal?" InuYasha hardened his tone and raised his eyebrow in inquiry.

Shippo ignored the no nonsense tone in his friends voice and decided to try his luck, " One month."

Kagome watched with fascination as the two stopped on the stairs and appeared to be negotiating. She couldn't help the smile that came over her face when the short pudgy one with red hair pointedly ignored InuYasha, and tried to make his own plans which InuYasha seemed ready to dispute before he could get the words out of his mouth. She would have loved to know what InuYasha said to make the smaller man pale and shake his head furiously from side to side. But before she could think about it further they appeared to have reached a compromise. Kagome felt her smile fade when she saw InuYasha's trademark smirk

"Hell no, Jewel."InuYasha said using the nickname that came from his name in English, Seven Treasures.(Get it? You find jewels in a treasure chest.) "How am I supposed the get around for that month while you have my car? I'll let you use it a week, more." InuYasha held up his hand before Shippo could open his mouth, "If you wanna stand here and argue I'll push you down the stairs and while your being carted away offer to show her around, and let me tell you the latter is looking pretty good to me."

Shippo shook his head in disbelieve as his eyes widened. "You wouldn't, would you?" Shippo's voice was barely a whisper.

"You would like to believe I wouldn't, wouldn't you? Would you care to test that theory?" InuYasha smirked and crossed his arms.

Shippo narrowed his eyes and glared. "Fine asshole, it's a deal. You win I hope your happy that you have hurt your friend's feelings."

"Oh your feelings are not hurt. I'll treat you to lunch. Now let me get your car keys."

Shippo dug in his pocket to get his keys. "Here, where are your keys?"

InuYasha smirked, "Here you go and I want it back in the condition you found it in. Is that understood?"

Shippo stopped in front of Kagome but turned to InuYasha, "By the way when is lunch? Cuz I don't want to plan anything else for that day, you know."

InuYasha sighed shaking his head at his friends train of thought, "When ever you want Jewel."

Shippo then turned to Kagome, "Hello I'm Shippo. I'm very sorry but I won't be able to show you around today. Luckily for you my very good friend InuYasha has offered to show you around. Ms. Higurashi this is--"

"It's just Kagome, and I know who the fuck he is." Kagome interrupted then turned to InuYasha. "Hello InuYasha, how are you? Fucking great I hope." Kagome glared daggers at InuYasha.

Shippo, oblivious to the looks Kagome was giving his friend, "You seem popular with the ladies, dog man."

"Uh...Jewel...I don't think this is the time for that. She doesn't seem to happy to see us. Do you think she's mad that we took so long to get here, or that you are trading her off to me?"

Kagome's angered flared. How could they talk about her like she wasn't there, "Excuse me, I don't mean to disrupt your little lovers dispute but I'm right here and I don't fucking appreciate you talking about me like I'm not here."

An indigent look passed InuYasha's face, "Lovers dispute?! I think you have it wrong. And how do you know me?"

Kagome studied his face carefully, some time later a dark blush covered her cheeks, "Oh god your not him! But hell, you look just like him!" Kagome could not believe what her eyes were telling her, 'How could this happen? Could it be his reincarnation?'

InuYasha's peeved expression smoothed as his faced turned into a surprised smirk, "I look like who? And how did you know my name?"

Kagome flushed more, 'How am I supposed to answer that? Am I'm supposed to say you look like a hanyou from five hundred two years ago, whose name happen to be InuYahsa also?' Then another thought hit her, 'What his name is InuYasha?' Kagome couldn't keep her curiosity to herself, " What your name is InuYasha? Inu as in 'woof woof'?"

"What? Do you have a problem with that? Do you not like my name?"

"Yes...I mean...no... Shit, what I mean is that I like the name InuYasha, it's just not a name you hear everyday. How did you get it?"

"My mother gave me the name from a story that my family passed down from generation to generation. It was suppose to be my middle name because my mother thought it was cute. Because of all the pain killers she got them mixed up. So my full name is or would have been Kyo InuYasha Takahashi. But my first name is now my middle..or well you know," he said waving his hand as to dissolve the confusion in his statement.

Kagome nodded in understanding, "Well InuYasha Kyo Takahasi, I'm Kagome Rumiko Higurashi. Nice to meet you and sorry for the mix up."

InuYasha smiled, a genuine smile not a smirk. "No problem and it's nice meeting you too. So what do you wanna do..." His smile turned into a smirk, "...after class of course."

Kagome raised an eyebrow but smiled none the less, if she wasn't mistaking he was coming on to her, "Well if I'm not mistaking you have an one hour study hall after this. "

InuYasha shook his head then grinned, "How about we stop by and I show you how many people turn up for that study hall?"

"You mean people just up and leave. They skip just like they're in highschool? And I thought it would be new and exciting," She finished on a mummer.

"Well it is exciting but definitely not new. It's just like highschool except the class and the people are bigger. So have you decided where you wanna go after this class?"

"Wait you got here late and then you make some sort of plan with Shippo-san, Then you sit next to me and start talking. You have yet to hear one word that Makino-san said in his lecture."

InuYasha looked intrigued, "And you have?"

Kaogme blushed, "Well you've been distracting me." She turned, pointedly ignoring the boy beside her and watched the teacher at the front of the room pointing to some letters and words on the board.

"He goes over this every other week. I know this already. We can leave and I'd turn the paper in on time and he'll never know that I didn't hear a word of his lecture," InuYasha informed her reassuringly.

"Well Mr. Know it all, what is he talking about?" Kagome crossed her arms in front of her, pursed her lips and looked at him pointedly.

"Well you see that stuff on the board?" He paused and waited for her to nod, "Well that's logic."

Kagome glared, "I know that smart ass, what does it all mean?"

InuYasha smirked, but before he could open his mouth the teacher interrupted, "Mr. Takahashi I know that you could give a rats ass about what I'm saying but you could try to show some respect by prtending to listen or leaving for the others to learn in peace."

"Gomen, I guess I'll just be," he paused to look at Kagome, who just shrugged. "I guess we'll be leaving. Have a nice day." InuYasha grabbed a stunned Kagome's hand and stood.

"Yes you have a nice day too," Makino-sama called as the pair left out of the room, then returned to his teaching.

"I can't believe you just dragged me out of there. Where are we going anyway?" Kagome spoke as she followed InuYasha out of the building.

"We are going out to dinner." InuYasha said as he walked toward Shippo's car, "My treat." He added as an after thought, when he saw her digging in her bag.

Kagome dug through her bag. 'Where is it,' she thought to herself. "Aha, here it is," she said holding up a cellular phone. She turned to InuYasha, "Can you hold on a minute while I make a phone call?"

"Yes go ahead the car is right here." he watched as Kogome got on the phone and dialed someone's number before putting the phone to her ear.

Kagome got on the phone and called her mother. "Hey mama, Yeah I'm enjoying the class...or rather I enjoyed it. Well I got kicked out. The guy I'm shadowing started a very..um...stimulating conversation that was apparently disrupting the teachers class. Yes I know...I'll be home later. Love you. Tell Souta I said hi. I hope he's feeling better. Bye" She hung up the phone. And got in the passanger seat of the car. "So where are we going? I'm starved."

InuYasha shrugged, "Well nothing fancy. I was just thinking that there is this small clean restaurant off the main street called Ramen Mania. It's pretty good. You'd like it."

Kagome grinned and shook her head, 'I should have known that he would love ramen too. I mean why wouldn't he my InuYasha does. Since when did I start thinking of him as mine?' InuYasha interrupted her thoughts.

"What are you thinking about? What ever it was you seem really happy." InuYasha loved seeing the smile on her face, and the fact that she's so relaxed around me. I hope I can make her as happy as whoever she's thinking of.

Kagome's sigh held a note of contentment, "Just a good friend who you remind me of," she replied in all honesty. "A really good friend who I can talk to about just about anything, and when you said the ramen thing it reminded my of him"

"Oh, where is he?" InuYasha asked pulling into a parking spot in front of the restaurant.

"He lives far away from me in a different time. But he comes to visit often, uninvited I might add, and I go to visit him when I can."

"Oh so he lives in a different country? Wow that must be hard on his budget to maintain a friendship with you from overseas. He must really like you. How long have you known each other?"InuYasha asked getting out of the car and going over to the passenger side.

"Well the travel has no big affect on his budget, if any at all. He doesn't let his emotions show but if his overly protective behavior around me is any indication, I would say he likes having me around. And we've known each other officially for two years and unofficially for a lot longer then that," Kagome said getting out car while InuYasha held the door open for her.

InuYasha smiled and shut the door once the girl was out, "Well I hope we can have a friendship like that. I would love to get to know you better."

Kagome's cheeks tinted a light pink, "Trust me the less you know the better. My life isn't really all that interesting. I'm your average teenager girl." 'Boy was that the understatement of the year,' Kagome thought to herself.

InuYasha chuckled, "For some reason I find that hard to believe. You ordinary? How about you tell me how ordinary over dinner. We can start with how you knew my name before I told you."

Kagome's eyes widened, 'How could I have forgotten that and how come he had to bring it up?' She let out a nervous chuckle as she walked through the door that InuYasha held open. 'If I didn't know any better I'd say that this is more of a date then anything else,' she said as she sat in the booth the black haired, violet eyed boy lead her to.

MissNikki's End Notes: I hoped you liked this chapter because this is going to be the last one for a while. I have to catch up with my other storied that I've been saying I was going to update and haven't. I have one chapter to load for Reversed Roles and then another chapter to type. I have one chapter to finish typing and two more to write for InuYasha's Kagome. So for the rest of the chapter I will refer to InuYasha as Kyo instead of InuYasha so you won't get any more confused then you already are.