InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two InuYashas ❯ Going For Ice-Cream ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: MissNikki is very unhappy. She was looking at some of her earlier work and she noticed that her disclaimers were in the skits at the end of her stories, but now their at the beginning like everyone else. She is very displeased, so she is requesting that everyone else put their disclaimers else where. Thank you and have a nice day.

MissNikki: Now on with the story

Kagome sighed on the phone. All her friends were on four way. They all wanted to know what had happened to her after they left her to shadow her guide. The other guides had apparently done their job and taken their shadowers to the study hall like they were suppose to. "I hadn't eaten so he took me to dinner. Beside it's not like I missed anything. A study hall is a study hall. It's not like the it could differ any from highschool to college."

"Oh Kagome. I don't believe you. Those ailments must have really done some damage to your brain if you went out with a stranger all by yourself," Ayumi gave a exasperated sigh.

"But Ayumi at least she's meeting new guy's maybe she'll finally dump that arrogant, abusive, violent, jerk of a secret boyfriend of hers," Yuka said excitedly and hopefully.

"I keep telling you I don't have a secret boyfriend. And I'm not interested in dating this guy." Kagome had lost count on how many times she had told her friends this. She flopped back on her bed and listen to her friends ask question after question about who she went out with and what he looked like.

"Oh Kagome is this Shippo that cute that you want to keep him to yourself?" Yuka asked with suspicion evident in her voice.

Kagome seriously considered the question before answering. "Well we're waiting,"Eri said on an exasperated sigh.

"Well actually if you want to meet Shippo I can give you his number. I still have it written down on a pad from when my mother took the message for me."

"You would really do that for me?" Eri asked hopeful.

"What why do you think that she was offering him to you?" Yuka exploded.

"Yeah she could have been offering him to me. Maybe I wanna date a college man." Ayumi said.

Eri scoffed and added her two cents in, "Ayumi if I'm correct when Kagome denied for the finally time that she wasn't interested in Hojo you took it upon yourself to ask him to a movie which turned into a 3 month relationship until he dumped you for that 2nd year boy Akira"

Yuka laughed, "Yeah. I remember that. And she thought her world was ending, she had turned a boy gay which were her words not mine as I recall. I don't believe she would be willing to go after Kagome's seconds again."

Eri sputtered, "Seconds? In that case, Kagome give Shippo's number to Yuka. She deserves your sloppy seconds. Besides I have my eye on someone. I just have to figure out if he really goes to the university and his name. And Ayumi shouldn't feel bad. I suspected he was gay when he kept going after Kagome when that freshman was more than willing to answer his beck and call. "

"I will take his number Kagome. And Eri, you know Kagome's seconds are never sloppy she hardly touches them. And who is this guy that you have your eye on? Where did you meet him?"

"Uh...girls? I have to go. I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow. And I'm not really feeling well. His number is..." She looked at the pad where her mother had scribble down the little information the university the college had provided. "...8690664. I'll see you guys next time." She hung up the phone before they could ask her any more questions. She loved her friends, she really did. It was just that after traveling in the Warring Era for two years they seemed immature to her.

She put the cordless phone back on the cradle by the side of her bed. As she lay there her thoughts wondered to a certain hanyou. She couldn't believe she had confused the nice man she meet today with him, although there resemblance was uncanny. He looked exactly like her hanyou during 'his time of the month' as he so brilliantly like to put it. But that was where the similarities stopped, for where her hanyou was a pain in the ass the human was very sweet. InuYasha was a jerk but he did have his nice qualities., Kyo(MissNikki: See how him having a middle name turns out to be a good thing?)was nice and polite all the time, even when she had accused him of being someone he wasn't(Me again: does that strike your funny bone? Didn't InuYasha 'hanyou' accuse Kagome of being *hiss* when he first saw/met her?). He had driven her to this nice little restaurant, and when she had taken out her wallet to pay he had politely refuse, kinda.

~~~~Flashback~~~~

The waiter had just come with the check. He put it on the table and walked away seemingly unnoticed. When Kagome saw that InuYasha(For those of you who complained, I'll only use the name Kyo when I have to talk about both of them or Kagome is rather. Happy?)seemed not to worry about the check she began reaching into her purse with one hand and for the check with the other. InuYasha stopped her by gently placing his hand on top of her and waiting for her to look up from her task.

"Wow. You must of really dated some jerks in the pass if you think you have to pay," He commented with a smirk.

"No. I haven't really gone on that many dates. Unless your referring to someone asking me out, me agreeing against my will, and then me not showing up." Kagome replied dryly.

"Then it's a good thing I didn't give you a chance to chicken out, huh?"

"What. I never said I chickened out! I just came down with fevers and colds and couldn't get out of bed." Kagome sputtered indigently.

InuYasha just smirked and nodded, "So you couldn't call and tell them?"

He had her there, but she wouldn't let him know that, "I don't have a phone." She smiled and folded her arms across her chest.

He raised an eyebrow, "So that thing you spoke into to call someone isn't a phone. It's just a communication device from some weird unknown planet. That is used to call other unearthly beings?"

"You're an ass. Do you know that?"

"And you're a bad liar. But I guess that's fair. You hardly know me and I want you to tell me everything there is to know about you with out you knowing all that much about me." He sat back to study her face.

Under the intense scrutiny Kagome began to dig through her purse. She pulled out a twenty and placed it on the table.

"I told you, you don't have to pay." He said in a gently firm voice that booked no arguments, but this is Kagome that we are talking about.

"Fine I won't pay for you. But I would like to pay for my half and then you can tell me about yourself while we go and walk off some of this fat in the park."

"No. I invited you here so I'll pay."

"But I don't want you to pay. And what do you mean 'no', you don't want to walk with me or you don't wanna tell me about yourself?"

"I meant no I don't want you to pay. I have more then enough money to pay for this measly meal."

"That's fine and dandy but I want to pay for my own meal."

"Take that twenty back or I'll shove it in your purse and tie your hands behind your back so you can't dig in that bag of yours for the rest of the evening," he narrowed his eyes and squared his shoulders and glared at the girl.

Kagome had, had just about enough of his arrogant overbearing attitude and before she knew what she was saying, "InuYasha, osuwari!" When nothing happened that was when she realized her mistake. She looked at the man sitting across from her and watch as his eyes widened in surprise and confusion.

~~~~End Flashback~~~~

Kagome chuckled at the memory. She couldn't believe she had told him to sit and expected his face to smash into the ground. 'Maybe their more alike then I originally thought,' she mussed while she tried to suppress her amusement. If he thought it weird that she had told him to sit like he was a dog, he said nothing to indicate it. In gratitude for his silence she fought no more over the bill and let him pay.

During their walk in the park she had learned a great many interesting things about him. She had giggled and felt free with him. Yeah he made her lose her temper a few times, but she had caught herself from trying to sit him. She had learned that his grandfather owns a law office and he was expected to take over when he graduated. He had an older brother who decided to go into psychiatry. His older brother was married with three children. His mother was an only child and it was thought that his older brother would take over the business but he surprised everyone when he decided to major in medicine. InuYasha didn't feel that he could disappoint his grandfather, especially since his grandfather was tricked into marrying a wretched woman.

Kagome had learned that his grandmother was dead but she had made their life a living hell while she was alive. She hd acted the perfect girlfriend when she and the grandfather were in highschool. Then he proposed and she had acted the part of a giddy fiancee. After the wedding and the first week of marriage he found out she was pregnant, and then her whole attitude changed. She turned into the bitch from hell. After birth she refused to take care of the child, so his grandfather had to hire a in house babysitter. Every time he tried to get a divorced she managed to send him on a guilt trip. Up until the day she died was like a nightmare, she would insult everyone, giving everyone low self-esteem. His mother was in therapy for years rebuilding her self-esteem. His grandfather had provided the best possible life that he could for all his family. InuYasha had his own apartment in near downtown Tokyo.

After they went for a walk in the park they got back in the car and he said he had to stop by his apartment to get something. She had looked at him rather skeptical when he told her this.

~~~~Flash back~~~~

InuYasha turned to her after he got in the car, "I hope you don't mind I have to stop by my place and pick something up, then if you want I'll take you home or we can go out for ice-cream."

Kagome just looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Sure, I don't mind. Just keep your hands where I can see them." She smiled just to let him know she was joking.

He chuckled, and started the car. As they drove he watched her turn on the radio and change it to a station she liked. She sang along and hummed to parts she didn't know. His mind shifted to the little argument that they had, had at the restaurant, and he decided to rattle her anger once again. He leaned forward and change the station, then he watched for her reaction out of the corner of his eye.

Kagome stopped mid word when the station she had been listening to was abruptly changed. She turned to look at the man in the seat next to her bob his head to the new music coming from the radio. She leaned forward and change the station back. She smiled and settled back into the seat just to watch with slight annoyance as he turned the station again. She frowned and leaned forward to change the station again.

InuYasha saw the annoyance and frown pass over her features. He couldn't help the smirk that came over his face again as he leaned forward and changed the station yet again. Then he watched as she turned red with anger and looked about to explode. He watch her try to calmly try to regain before she spoke to him through her teeth.

Kagome pulled in a deep breath through her clenched teeth. She tried to hold in her anger, she didn't want to explode again. "Can you stop doing that?" she asked as sweetly as she could manage through her teeth, then leaned forward to change the station yet again.

InuYasha feigned innocents and replied, "Stop what?" he then leaned forward and changed the station again and couldn't help the smile from getting bigger.

Kagome snapped she had lost it. You would think after traveling for two years with an asshole of a hanyou she would have learned how to control her temper. "Oh fucking Kami. I asked you to stop that. What the fuck is your problem?"

"Oh you meant to stop changing the station on 'MY' car radio?" he purposely stressed the my.

"What the fuck. Your mad that I changed the fucking station 'YOUR' car? Well guess what. I'm a fucking guess so I can do that. You arrogant asshole!" kagome pause to Take a breathe and turned to look at him, and when she would have started again she saw the huge grin on his face. 'He did this on purpose,' she thought to herself. 'Well two can play at that game.' Kagome turned back around ion her seat, "You're a JERK. Do you know that? And if this whole thing us over the radio we don't have to listen to it. Matter of fact you don't need a fucking radio," she paused and leaned forward in her seat toward the radio. Now it was her turn to smirk.

InuYahsa watched out of the corner of his eye as she leaned toward the radio, with both hands. Her hands were to far apart to be turning off the radio. He leaned forward to stop her from tearing his damn radio apart. He stopped just as her hands made a sudden turn. Before he knew it, it was too late.

Kagome couldn't help herself. When he started to reach for her hands that he thought were headed for his radio she changed direction and before he knew it she was tickling him. Yeah it was a stupid move but like she told him when he told her that, 'You have to live life on the edge. You'll never know when you'll get dragged off to hell by some bitch.' Yeah he had looked her like she confused him again. But she just shrugged it off and changed the station at what she wanted to hear.

When they got to his apartment he parked in front of the store where she was earlier. She sighed when she noticed the store was closed so she would have to wait till later to check if she had left her wallet there. She turned her attention to the man beside her when she heard him talking.

"Do you wanna come up?" He asked in a politeness.

"I bet that's exactly what you want me to do," She smirked. "Hey I can't see your hands," She giggled at the confused look on his face.

"Oh the joke you said when I first told you I needed to come back here. See there they are. So do you wanna come up. I'll just be a minute," He held his hands up for her to see as a part of the joke. Then he decided to have a little fun with her and hid them behind his back. "But if you come up we might be a little while."

Kagome gasped and threw the nearest thing she could find at him, which happened to be a applique with the words Reserved and then the name Shippo underneath cut out.

Before the applique hit him he shut the door and turned to go upstairs to his apartment. He kept true to his word and was back downstairs before it seemed like he left. When he got back to the car he opened the door, "Hey Kagome I got something for you." When all he got back as a reply was a grunt he turned to look at her after he settled into the car, to find him self face to face with her ass., or should we say face to ass. He turned a little more to find he digging through a box in the back seat.

Kagome didn't stop what she was doing and just called over her shoulder, "What are you? Some kind of Shippo fanatic? Are you like his fan club?"

"Huh?" He raised his eyes at the weirdness of her question. "Why would you ask that?"

"There's a whole box back here with stuff that dedicated to him. Like for instance that applique that said 'Reserved: Shippo' of the one that says 'Reserved parking Shippo only'."

"Oh that. This is Shippo's car. He's like a little scam artist. Well not really scams just anything that has to do with benefitting him is what he deals in."

"So you took his car to take me out. What about him?"

"Oh. We switched cars for a week. He loved my car so much and that's all he ever talked about was my car and how he wished he had one like it. I decided to be a good friend a lend it to him."

She shrugged, "Oh. Now what it is that you have for me?" She settled back into her seat the proper way.

InuYasha couldn't help chuckling, that was such a girl trait, to not forget when a guy has something for you. "Oh, so you actually heard that?"

Kagome rolled her eyes, "Yes. I just wanted to know if I was sitting in the car waiting for a stalker like lunatic to come back down stairs." Kagome looked at his hands and noticed two things. One was a flip cell phone and the other was a wallet. And if she wasn't mistaken it was her wallet, "Hey. That's my wallet!" she said accusingly.

InuYasha smirked, Hey I have a name that begins with a K too. Your not the only one who would buy a monogram wallet."

"Hey very convincing story, if it wasn't for the fact that you go by InuYasha and that it's a pink K." She scowled at him.

He held up his hands in defeat, "Okay. Fine. I found it outside the grocery store. Coincidence, no?"

"Yeah. Big coincidence," she said taking wallet from his outstretched hand.

"So are you going to take me up on that offer?" He looked at her while he restarted the car.

"Huh? What offer?"

"The ice-cream." He feigned hurt, "But I see that I'm not important enough to remember."

"Yeah, you're an easy one to forget," she rolled her eyes. "I could go for ice-cream. But it has to be my treat, deal."

InuYasha shrugged, "Deal."

***********

Shippo was still cursing, when he remembered InuYasha had that the car was at Kouga's. He had circled the parking lot and that had taken him a whole hour and a half. InuYasha had tricked him and took the keys and his car leaving him stranded.

He cursed when his thought back to the earlier events while he got out of the cab and handed the cabby a fifty, through the open front window. As soon as the cab driver took the money he took off, taking a twenty dollar and seventy-three cent tip with him. He cussed again. "The Dog Man will pay," he said darkly before digging in his pocket for the car key and finding it missing. He thought back to the last time he remembered having the key and cursed again. He had left it on the hook in his private storage room back at the college. He kicked the curb and pulled out his cell phone to call another cab to take him back to the university. This was going to be a long night.

MissNikki's Notes: Hey this Chapter is one of my longest chapters. It's five pages typed to WordPerfect and trust me I hate WordPerfect. Well I hoped you enjoyed this and I'll get the next chapter posted ASAP, promise! *holds up three fingers between the thumb and pinky* Scouts honor!

Tyemika: You were never a scout

MissNikki: Shut up! *to audience* See you later!