InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two InuYashas ❯ Fighting Like Cats and Dogs ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MissNikki: I'm sorry that I took so long in posting this chapter. But I knew what I wanted to happen and that only took up 3/4 of a page. So I needed a lot of filler crap. The next chapter will be up in two weeks because I'm out of school. I've finally graduated me and all my friends. Yay. Even BB who didn't want to do it but did it cuz she loves me. I love you BB. This chapter is dedicated to BabayBunny, and this time I'm the cat, bitch! And not the dead one.

Fighting like Cats and Dogs

Kagome still could not sway the blush that covered of cheeks, as she stormed through the forest and toward the hut where she was sure the older miko would be. Kagome stopped just outside the hut in one last vain attempt to assuage the blush that darkened her cheeks before she entered. Keade was deep in meditation as the young kitsune danced around her asking questions. At first glance you would not be able to tell that the kitsune was a disturbance to the older woman, but with a second look you saw the way she tensed slightly with every question asked.

Shippo turned and ran toward Kagome a few moments after she entered the hut. He jumped into her arms and started badgering her, "Hey Kagome! Did you bring me the chocolate like you promised? Huh? Where is it?"

Kagome was at a lost for what to say. She hadn't thought about Shippo's disappointment when she told him that she didn't have the chocolate. Before the girl could answer the hanyou walked into the hut sporting a muddy face.

Shippo sniffed the air when the hanyou entered. "YOU THIEF! THAT WAS MY CHOCOLATE! KAGOME TOLD ME I COULD HAVE IT, NOT YOU!" Shippo turned offended eyes to Kagome, "Kagome?"

"Uh...Shippo...I...uh..." Kagome couldn't form a complete sentence looking down into the big brown eyes brimming with tears. She turned pleading eyes to InuYasha, who only 'Fehed.'

InuYasha couldn't stop himself from coming to Kagome's aid when she turned her big stormy blue eyes on him, with her pouty lips turned down into a slight frown. "Keh!" InuYasha wiped the chocolate off his face and pulled out a bag half filled with chocolate. "Here brat. Now get lost."

Shippo bounded out of Kagome's arms and snatched th chocolate away from the hanyou. He turned and thanked Kagome before running out of the hut.

"Arigatoo, InuYasha." Kagome then turned back to the miko in the middle of the room, who had considerably relaxed since the kitsune left. "Keade, how far is this village that this demon was spotted in?"

Keade turned a confused eye on the girl in front of her. "Nani? What are ye talking about child?"

"The demon with the jewel shard," Kagome said, eyebrow raised. "InuYasha said you told him it was spotted in a village not to far from here."

"Ahh, yes child, the demon. Uh...as I recall it was a...uhh..uh...neko yokai....uh...yeah...that's it. It was spotted west from here, terrorizing a small village of merchants. That's how it got the jewel."

InuYasha ears perked up at hearing that the demon they were after was a neko. "Kagome that was some time ago. If we expect to catch up with it, we should leave now." InuYasha turned and exited the hut.

As Kagome turned to follow the inu yokai Keade grabbed her arm. "Child, don't forget the young kitsune. Don't leave him here take him with ye."

"Why Keade? Will he be of any help on this mission?" Kagome turned suspicious eyes to the miko.

"Uh...child I think you should get going, You know how impatient InuYasha can get when he's left waiting."

"Yeah...right, bye see you when we get back." Kagome turned toward the door again. When she reached the door she heard Keade call out from the back room of the hut.

"Don't forget to take Shippo with you,"

Kagome heard Keade sigh out in relief when she replied she wouldn't. When she got out side Miroku was walking behind Sango, toward the hut sporting a red and swollen hand print on his cheek. The expression on Sango's face was livid. She turned to see the hanyou hopping from foot to foot. She didn't know whether he had to use the bathroom or was in a rush to get going. Either way she couldn't help the smile the spread across her face.

"Can we leave already? Let's go before it gets away." InuYasha turned to lead the way. 'I hope I wasn't too obvious. I wonder if they suspect something,' the inu hanyou thought to himself.

"Hey Lady Kagome, why is InuYasha in such a hurry? I mean I know he's never one to let a jewel shard away but this speed he's setting is ridiculous," the houshi questioned the girl beside him as they both looked to see a red and white dot ahead of them.

Kagome looked thoughtful for a moment (that's a stretch huh?) and then giggled, "I don't know. Maybe he's excited about the neko youkai that awaits him in the village."

The others giggled at the thought of the iuu hanyou chasing the neko yokai. "Do you really think so?" the kitsune asked.

"I really don't know," she shrugged. "He is part inu, but he also is part human. Then again you never know."

They chuckled for a while then lapsed into silence. Walking fast enough to keep the dot of a hanyou in view. Every now and then they would see InuYasha leap into a tree and look back in their direction.

When the sun got lower in the sky, the trio of human sat down for a break and a late lunch. They were surprised to see that the hanyou had decided to double back. They weren't, however, surprised when he stopped in front of the young girl and started yelling about how weak and useless humans were.

"Bitch, why the fuck did you stop? That fucking demon is not going to sit around and wait for you to decide when you're ready to come after it!"

"InuYasha, I'm sorry us weak humans need food to sustain us. Oh and by the way, ouswarii," she waited till the hanyou had a mouth full of dirt before she continued. "I'm not a bitch, I have a name and I suggest you use it."

InuYasha let out a growl and waited for the spell to ware off. When the spell finally wore off he found a cup of ramen sitting next to him. Looked at it and felt his tummy grumble in protest to not being feed earlier. He began eating the offering and mumbled a thanks when he felt familiar eyes settle on him.

After lunch Kagome packed all the unused supplies into the backpack. They once again began to follow the hanyou, who walked at a much more lenient pace. InuYasha speed ahead of them when the village came into view only to stop a few paces ahead of them. When the other stood beside the inu hanyou they found his mouth slightly agape. They followed his line of view and their eyes fell on a sight that they thought they would never live to see.

Kagome dug in to her bag, looking for something to document the moment. After a minute or two she pulled out a Polaroid camera. She studied the scene ahead of her for a moment before she snapped a picture. Then she sat back and watched.

The gang could not believe their eyes as they watched the last person they ever saw enjoying the simple pleasures of life.

Their eyes feel on the neko yokai with a look of horror on his face. They directed their look behind it when they heard a bark behind it. To their amazement they found Sesshomaru behind it giving chase. His tongue lagging out of his mouth. The neko had scurried up a tree, and to their astonishment yet again the inu yokai stood at the bottom of the tree with his hands braced against it barking up at the neko in the tree. In rapid concession Sesshomaru let out a series of barks, growls, and snarls. The cat in the tree hissed in return and spun letting out a screech of a meow.

A slow smile crept over the hanyou face and he began to shake with laughter, that the others soon joined in on.

At the sudden bark of laughter, Sesshomaru turned to look over his shoulder. To his annoying surprise there stood the contents of the village and his brother, along with the pathetic humans he insisted on traveling with. To make matters worst he was caught in a less then a respect demanding pose, and they were laughing at him. The great Sesshomaru, Lord of the Western Lands. He bristled at the implication, that they were laughing at him. If the pointing and clutching of the sides were any indication.

"What are you doing here, you pathetic excuse of a demon? I thought you and that human bitch of yours would be chasing that broken jewel."

InuYasha couldn't stop the laughter that bubbled up. "I'm sorry Sesshomaru. Did we interrupt your fun?"

Kagome found it funny that she had found the normally stoic demon relax enough to enjoy the simple aspects of life. Not that she had expected to find him chasing another demon. A cat demon to be exact. The inu chases the neko. Kagome giggled a little before speaking. "Thank you Sesshomaru for destroying the neko demon." She turned and looked at the hanyou standing beside her, "InuYasha when your brother-,"she was abruptly interrupted by said hanyou.

"Half brother. Half brother." InuYasha glared at her pointedly and then at the object of his displeasure.

Kagome continued with corrections unfused, "when your half brother killed the neko it didn't regenerate, nor did I detect a jewel shard." She paused and let what she said sink in. "I don't think there is a jewel shard in this village."

InuYasha looked around and for the first time he realized that the neko yokai his 'half' brother was chasing around didn't appear to be changed by the effects of the jewel shards. "Damn. The old geezer lied to us. There is no jewel shard here," he turned to what appeared to be the village leader. "Is there?"

The leader cast disapproving eyes on the hanyou. This only made the hanyou growl before he spoke in a voice boding no respect.

"What are you lookin' at old man? Didn't you hear me ask you a question? Now answer before I have to use these on you!" InuYasha held up the appendages on the end of his fingers and cracked his knuckles.

Kagome rolled her eyes, for as long as she had known him his ways of doing things hadn't change one bit. She stepped forward and put her hand on InuYasha's arm and spoke to the leader in the sweetest voice she could muster. "I'm sorry you must excuse my friend here. But do you know if there is or was a jewel shard within the confines of your village?"

The leader cast disdainful eyes on the girl who had addressed him before he stared pointedly at the hanyou and spoke to the girl in a tight voice. "I don't know anything about a jewel shard. I just know that you and your friend had before leave before any trouble arises. I won't lie, I don't trust him or that brother of his."

"Half brother, half brother! Why can't you people get this through your thick skull?"

The village elder went on as thought he was never interrupted, "I thank him for coming along to take care of that neko demon that had been plaguing us for a while. But his services are no longer wanted or warranted. Now if you will excuse me, I have a village to run." With that he turned on his heels and marched into the village. The other villagers on his heels, casting disdainful looks over their shoulders at the pair and there traveling companions.

"Well if I didn't know any better I'd say that the elder found amusement in Sesshomaru's strange antics. And that he did not like the fact that us as humans associate with the likes of a demon."

InuYasha glared at the monk, "What are you trying to say, houshi? Am I not good enough for you?"

"Trust me InuYasha. Don't take any offense. The houshi obviously doesn't know any better," Sango corrected before she punched the monk in th head. "Pervert!"

She turned her head and crossed her arms over her chest.

They were so wrapped up in their usual antics that they all failed to notice the yokai leaving and sinking back into the forest and out of the public view. But they all did notice the new presences that filtered through the forest around them. They all turned to see the new demons entering the clearing around them.

InuYasha cursed loudly. 'I've go my work cut out for me,' he thought as he sniffed the air to guage how many was around them.